Speculation: [The Athletic] NHL trade candidates: 10 players who are falling out of favor

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Denis Gurianov is such a disappointment.
Dallas’ 2014-2016 1st round picks:
Honka
Gurianov
Tufte

Learned nothing from hanging onto Honka too long. But their scouting has improved leaped and bounds can’t argue with that.

Fun exercise:
2016 NHL Draft
Pick 25 - Tufte
Pick 26 - Tage Thompson

2014 NHL Draft:
Pick 14 - Honka
Pick 15 - Dylan Larkin

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Can you link this? I know they have been trying hard this year and maybe last. But I never heard this from previous years.

It's a misinterpretation of what his agent said. He was asked to comment on the rumours and said that he knows "people" have been trying to trade him since he signed in Vancouver. He wasn't referring to the Canucks organization but fans and media.

Reactions: EP to Kuzmenko

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Dallas’ 2014-2016 1st round picks:
Honka
Gurianov
Tufte

Learned nothing from hanging onto Honka too long. But their scouting has improved leaped and bounds can’t argue with that.

Fun exercise:
2016 NHL Draft
Pick 25 - Tufte
Pick 26 - Tage Thompson

2014 NHL Draft:
Pick 14 - Honka
Pick 15 - Dylan Larkin

They made up for all of that in 1 draft.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
How’s Anthony Stolarz falling out of favor? Guy has been a rock for Anaheim same with Dostal.

We took almost 60 shots from Edmonton last night. And he let no goals get in when he played in the third.

Stolarz saved the game from being unwatchable for many of us fans 😂
If the the article says he sucks nuts then he sucks nuts!

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I could take this article more seriously had they included Jesse Puljujarvi.

Out of that list I'd target Fabbro. If Nashville shops him I'd hope Holland would take a run at it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Let me tell you a little about Ian Mitchell. He’s not a very good skater, and he’s pathetically weak which makes him useless defensively. His offensive ability does not nearly make up for this.

There‘s also a psycho on the Hawks board who stalks Mitchell and makes everyone else very uncomfortable. So to whichever GM trades for Mitchell, said poster might try to stab you.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

Players listed:

• Anthony Mantha
  • Kevin Hayes
  • Conor Garland
  • Kasperi Kapanen
  • Tyler Myers
  • Denis Gurianov
  • Dante Fabbro
  • Sean Walker
  • Anthony Stolarz
  • Ian Mitchell
  • Honorable mentions: JT Miller, Brian Dumoulin, MacKenzie Blackwood
All forwards, before it was the top center everyone want. Now its a good D, not only 1D or 2D. More or less all 6D. It is whats needed, and worth to pay for.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sean Walker's falling out of favor? He's an undrafted third-pairing puck-moving defenseman on a team with 10 other, better, younger right-handed defensemen!

What a hot take!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
When the hell was Ian Mitchell ever in favor? He sucks.

And when were we supposed to want to acquire the Tyler Myers or Kevin Hayes contracts? Most of us thought those deals were incredibly dumb when they were inked. Nothing new there.

Garland being on that list is interesting though. He's having a poor year but I'm willing to bet that he just needs a new team (hopefully my Jackets).

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Which teams looking to move bad expiring contract this deadline? Habs likely trade Monahan, Edmunston. Gallagher on LTIR. We should have 10-12 million caproom kicking around to be rented out.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
It's actually somehow even worse than that. He's already hit the ground and is disintegrating into the earth.
Thank God he's a pending UFA. There's at least a chance we can dump him at the deadline, and if we can't at least we aren't dragging him around for another year.

Imagine the power of this fully operational battle station if the cap space for Dumoulin, Carter and Kapanen were properly applied.

Which teams looking to move bad expiring contract this deadline? Habs likely trade Monahan, Edmunston. Gallagher on LTIR. We should have 10-12 million caproom kicking around to be rented out.
Dumoulin, Brian. Might be interested in taking Monahan off your hands in the deal as well.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

Players listed:

• Anthony Mantha
  • Kevin Hayes
  • Conor Garland
  • Kasperi Kapanen
  • Tyler Myers
  • Denis Gurianov
  • Dante Fabbro
  • Sean Walker
  • Anthony Stolarz
  • Ian Mitchell
  • Honorable mentions: JT Miller, Brian Dumoulin, MacKenzie Blackwood

Aside from JT Miller, occasionally Kevin Hayes, and maybe one day in the near future Fabbro, that might be a list of some of the most inconsequential players in the NHL.

I'm honestly shocked that someone even noticed that 90% are "falling out of favor".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad