Speculation: [The Athletic] NHL trade candidates: 10 players who are falling out of favor

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Tyler Myers fell out of favor in Vancouver before he even signed that contract.

Can’t stand him

And according to his agent, Vancouver has been trying to get rid of him right after he signed.
Can you link this? I know they have been trying hard this year and maybe last. But I never heard this from previous years.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I do expect Blackwood to be dealt this off season or just flat out not qualified. I expect him to stick around for this season though, let Schmid / Daws keep cooking in the AHL before coming up next year to back up VV.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
How’s Anthony Stolarz falling out of favor? Guy has been a rock for Anaheim same with Dostal.

We took almost 60 shots from Edmonton last night. And he let no goals get in when he played in the third.

Stolarz saved the game from being unwatchable for many of us fans 😂
If Gibson was in… it would have been 10-2.

That being said… how can we get Stolarz? Haha

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well respectively, I think that article is not accurate. Stolarz has been a very solid back up for Anaheim. Not sure why he was even mentioned for that article to begin with.

I wouldn’t mind Stolarz and Dostal as the one two punch to be honest.
I agree, I imagine trading Gibson to make room for Dostal is more likely, no?

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
If Gibson was in… it would have been 10-2.

That being said… how can we get Stolarz? Haha

You saw how brutal it was last night lol! I was begging you guys in your forum to step off the gas. Give us some dignity after it was 6-2 in the second. Let us have dignity in the third. And that’s when Stolarz came in and blocked 20 shots in the 3rd period from McDavid and all your super stars 🤣

Thank god! Damn that game was brutal

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Players listed:

• Anthony Mantha
  • Kevin Hayes
  • Conor Garland
  • Kasperi Kapanen
  • Tyler Myers
  • Denis Gurianov
  • Dante Fabbro
  • Sean Walker
  • Anthony Stolarz
  • Ian Mitchell
  • Honorable mentions: JT Miller, Brian Dumoulin, MacKenzie Blackwood
So basically a list of negative value contracts with just a few more recently discovered disappointing players sprinkled in.

And it’s been super easy to trade these type of contracts since Covid so…. Basically assume few to none of these guys are dealt this season.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You saw how brutal it was last night lol! I was begging you guys in your forum to step off the gas. Give us some dignity after it was 6-2 in the second. Let us have dignity in the third. And that’s when Stolarz came in and blocked 20 shots in the 3rd period from McDavid and all your super stars 🤣

Thank god! Damn that game was brutal
No offense intended, but with how often we have blown winnable games recently, taking the foot off the gas shouldn't be an option for the Oilers. I'd be more sorry if you guys didn't steal a game from us a few weeks back, ha ha ha.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
How’s Anthony Stolarz falling out of favor? Guy has been a rock for Anaheim same with Dostal.

We took almost 60 shots from Edmonton last night. And he let no goals get in when he played in the third.

Stolarz saved the game from being unwatchable for many of us fans 😂
Yeah, I wouldn’t say falling out of favor. Gibson’s contract is very difficult to trade and Dostal is NHL ready, that leaves Stolarz as expendable though.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Brock Boeser should be on that list as well. 4 Canucks out of 15 possible names lol
1673547213710.jpeg

Seriously, the last ten years as a canucks fan is nothing but miserable.

Attachments

• 1673547012602.jpeg
    1673547012602.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Habs would like to contribute to the list by adding Armia, Hoffman, Dadonov, Drouin, Gallagher, Wideman and Edmundson. Sure, apart from the latter, they all have negative value, but we hope a DG gets desperate enough to make an offer.
All except Edmundson were never "in favor", so they couldn't "fall out" of favor. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: MXD

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Yeah, I wouldn’t say falling out of favor. Gibson’s contract is very difficult to trade and Dostal is NHL ready, that leaves Stolarz as expendable though.

Completely agree. Thank god I’m not the GM. I don’t know how you can trade a player who’s doing well for an organization just because of another players contract at the same position.

That has to be a very sucky conversation with the individual. But it is business I guess. But I couldn’t have that dialogue with someone.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
No offense intended, but with how often we have blown winnable games recently, taking the foot off the gas shouldn't be an option for the Oilers. I'd be more sorry if you guys didn't steal a game from us a few weeks back, ha ha ha.

No offense taken. I was just hoping Edmonton didn’t score 10 goals, and some our players wouldn’t get injured. It has to be absolutely horrible as a goalie seeing 60 shots in a game.

We don’t need injuries. You can have the win. Just ease up a little bit. We play New Jersey tomorrow. I hope they chill out also if it’s similar in the scoring department. Fricken Jack Hughes here we go again

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Perfect:

Kapanen for Gurianov
Dumoulin for Sean Walker
Casey Desmith for Blackwood

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
Wouldn’t say attached. But when your team takes the most shots allowed in the NHL. Which is 38+ average.

And he puts on good performances. You gotta give respect where it’s due. That simple.

There’s many players that writer could have chosen from in the league. And Stolarz is not accurate for a top 10 list.
your takes made me login to say how bad they are as a ducks fan. Gibby aint going anywhere but Dostal is our future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad