Post-Game Talk: The Artist Paints a Bear FLA 4, BOS 2

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The young inexperienced d was a huge factor to start the season. A lot
Of mental lapses leading to easy goals against. Also reguarding Vegas. Players themselves have told me going into Vegas for the first game or two was a joke. No routine, partying, new City to play in all factored into it. Teams will figure it out and Vegas will fall back to earth. Just a perfect combo of
Lightning in a bottle this year. See what happens in playoffs when their intensity will be matched every game. And see if they can sustain next year. I have my doubts

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The young inexperienced d was a huge factor to start the season. A lot
Of mental lapses leading to easy goals against. Also reguarding Vegas. Players themselves have told me going into Vegas for the first game or two was a joke. No routine, partying, new City to play in all factored into it. Teams will figure it out and Vegas will fall back to earth. Just a perfect combo of
Lightning in a bottle this year. See what happens in playoffs when their intensity will be matched every game. And see if they can sustain next year. I have my doubts
Lots of moving parts in VGK over the next couple years.

It was nice to watch however as an outsider and former expansion team fan, how could anyone not enjoy it?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Without the pedigree or the hardware, no way either of those guys signs their next contract for less than Ekblad, and before his current deal is expired.

And neither gave up the UFA years that Ekblad did.

Ekblad signed a similar contract to Hedman's recent contract. Hedman, a far more proven player.

We held most of the cards in the negotiations for the Ekblad contract. It seems like there wasn't much negotiation. lol

Those Jones and Lindholm deals would have made more sense with Ekblad. Why rush giving him 8 years? It is high risk/high reward. He did improve this year. But he still has some way to go before he is worth his contract imo.

Anyway, this has been beaten to death on these boards. The hope is that he becomes as good as Hedman in order to justify the contract. We certainly didn't get a deal on it!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ekblad signed a similar contract to Hedman's recent contract. Hedman, a far more proven player.

We held most of the cards in the negotiations for the Ekblad contract. It seems like there wasn't much negotiation. lol

Those Jones and Lindholm deals would have made more sense with Ekblad. Why rush giving him 8 years? It is high risk/high reward. He did improve this year. But he still has some way to go before he is worth his contract imo.

Anyway, this has been beaten to death on these boards. The hope is that he becomes as good as Hedman in order to justify the contract. We certainly didn't get a deal on it!
Market bears the price.

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
I think the "disappointment" in Ekblad around here is completely unfounded. He may look like a grown man with that beard, but he is 22 years old. He has scored 10+ goals every season he has been on the Panthers. His skating is vastly improving, and Coach Boog is even implementing some sandpaper into his game.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Market bears the price.

Um, what? You do realise he was a RFA right? The contracts the defensemen of his ilk signed were more in line with how much he should have signed for.

We were paying for his potential mostly. That his progression would be linear. That he would hit Hedman levels, and thus his contract could be a bargain. For more complex than 'market bears the price'.

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
I think the "disappointment" in Ekblad around here is completely unfounded. He may look like a grown man with that beard, but he is 22 years old. He has scored 10+ goals every season he has been on the Panthers. His skating is vastly improving, and Coach Boog is even implementing some sandpaper into his game.
I was a big detractor of his, but he won me over with his second half of the season.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Um, what? You do realise he was a RFA right? The contracts the defensemen of his ilk signed were more in line with how much he should have signed for.

We were paying for his potential mostly. That his progression would be linear. That he would hit Hedman levels, and thus his contract could be a bargain. For more complex than 'market bears the price'.
Just like Connor McDavid was worth 30% more than his counterparts. I mean that is not the sole reason, but it definently got him extra cash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad