Post-Game Talk: The Artist Paints a Bear FLA 4, BOS 2

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
They definitely need to add a top 6 winger, and a top 4 defenseman.

Depending on who those players are we could be a lot closer to Boston, Winnipegs, Tampa, and Nashville's roster.

We could have a fourth line as a shutdown line and 3 scoring lines. or some variation of that.

I also should have mentioned that I was wrong about Sceviour playing on the top line. He's played just fine in the top 6. Just not my preference though.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Florida Panthers relieve Bob Boughner of head coaching duties.

Nah, but that would be so Panthers. Good game Cats!

-ghoste

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
MacK should just retire. He’s too slow and no hockey sense, or at least he thinks too slowly for the game they want to play now.he is good on the PK, but not enough to give him 4th line centre. There are enough young kids that should play ahead of him on wing.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Well done boys!

Uh6jk5o.gif

Reactions: Bure1096

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
If the Lightning win the Cup this year, we should honestly let they you guys have the Cup for a day. Take it to the BB&T Center, make an event of it, etc.

Obviously that would never happen that way but holy crap did you guys do us the biggest favors these last few days. We're indebited to you. Many effin' thanks.

--

Btw, the way you ended this season was almost a carbon copy of how the Lightning ended last season. Got off to a wretched start, then caught fire a little into the second half, made a huge push...came up one point shy while a team in the other conference made it in with fewer points, which is definitely annoying. Obviously you're not gonna sustain that kind of pace over 82 games next season (no one outside the '76 Habs probably could) but if the Lightning this season are any indication, you should be in the playoff field next season.

At the same time, it also has to be just a bit annoying that the Cats won these last two games and ended up one point shy, because now those losses to Ottawa and Edmonton are going to sting even more in retrospect. I know. We had loss very late last season at home against Arizona that ended up being an absolute dagger when it was all said and done. It doesn't feel too good.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If the Lightning win the Cup this year, we should honestly let they you guys have the Cup for a day. Take it to the BB&T Center, make an event of it, etc.

Obviously that would never happen that way but holy crap did you guys do us the biggest favors these last few days. We're indebited to you. Many effin' thanks.

--

Btw, the way you ended this season was almost a carbon copy of how the Lightning ended last season. Got off to a wretched start, then caught fire a little into the second half, made a huge push...came up one point shy while a team in the other conference made it in with fewer points, which is definitely annoying. Obviously you're not gonna sustain that kind of pace over 82 games next season (no one outside the '76 Habs probably could) but if the Lightning this season are any indication, you should be in the playoff field next season.

At the same time, it also has to be just a bit annoying that the Cats won these last two games and ended up one point shy, because now those losses to Ottawa and Edmonton are going to sting even more in retrospect. I know. We had loss very late last season at home against Arizona that ended up being an absolute dagger when it was all said and done. It doesn't feel too good.

The season was lost during the two month adjustment period to the new systems.

With just the guys we have inhouse right now, we should improve upon this year next year, with really few to any passengers, or bad contracts. If the front office makes a move to improve the team further in the offseason, he should have a chance to move into the upper echelon of our division.

Good luck in the playoffs.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Any word on Reimer?

I apologize for the idiots at tonight’s game who booed him. It was unnecessary.
Finally, a nice Bruins fan. Thanks for asking. Nobody's posted anything about Reimer.

Not to be too picky but I think "unnecessary" isn't quite the right word. Uncivil. Unsportsmanlike. Unbelievably crappy.

But, unfortunately, inevitable sometimes. Carry on. I'd wish you luck in the playoffs but it would be disingenuous on my part, because I wouldn't mean it. But again, thanks for asking about Reimer.

Tamfastic

Nov 24, 2014
As a Bolt fan, just came here to say, thank you. Will rather go up against Devils than Maple Leafs.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Didn't watch the game as I feared watching it would result in a Bruins win. Watched the last 8 minutes flipping it back and forth to check the score.

WOW! Thank you Florida Panthers! It would've been nicer to have seen TB vs FL and by a slim margin it would've happened. Hope you guys have a terrific off season and feel free to chime in whenever. I can only hope the Lightning repay the favor in the future.

Reactions: Vilam

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Finally, a nice Bruins fan. Thanks for asking. Nobody's posted anything about Reimer.

Not to be too picky but I think "unnecessary" isn't quite the right word. Uncivil. Unsportsmanlike. Unbelievably crappy.

But, unfortunately, inevitable sometimes. Carry on. I'd wish you luck in the playoffs but it would be disingenuous on my part, because I wouldn't mean it. But again, thanks for asking about Reimer.
Oh I could have said a few other things but I’d get banned.

I knew he looked off after the first stoppage.

I saw Luongo start looking at the coach during that time to see if he needed to grab his stuff but I was shocked they didn’t pull him.

I hope it isn’t a severe injury.

Reactions: Boothinator

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Poor Lightning fans - vying for a specific playoff opponent almost always ends up badly for you

As for Florida - add a top 6 winger and a maybe a dman? And youll be fine. Oh and a young goaltender because Lou could hit the wall anytime now.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Good win. I think Boston is going to have trouble with the speed of the Leafs forwards. Their D is too slow.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well, they waited all season to finally play a similar style to the one I think they should play, but that was it. And they kind of started to play that way for the last couple of games or so. I hope it wasn't just because they were tired and the coaches thought they had to play this way as an emergency. I sincerely hope they make this the new style of play starting today.
And don't get flaky on it. Stick to it all off season with preparing the team for next season, stick to it through the entire training camp, and stick to it the whole season next season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The season was lost during the two month adjustment period to the new systems.

With just the guys we have inhouse right now, we should improve upon this year next year, with really few to any passengers, or bad contracts. If the front office makes a move to improve the team further in the offseason, he should have a chance to move into the upper echelon of our division.

Good luck in the playoffs.
Imo, we can't expect to be has healthy. That being said, I'd like this offseason to not be a dramatic one like the past two.

Reactions: I am not exposed

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i am glad that game meant something for the bruins. it's only fitting that we ruined their plans and i hope they are eliminated in 4 games. they are so classless as are their fans. always hated them. hate them even more now!!!!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
i am glad that game meant something for the bruins. it's only fitting that we ruined their plans and i hope they are eliminated in 4 games. they are so classless as are their fans. always hated them. hate them even more now!!!!
Not all of their fans are classless, but the ones who are that way are over the top classless. Every team has fans like that, though. It was sweet to wreck their division title plans. And is funny to hear those fans blasting their own team for losing to a "mediocre" Panthers team. They are Bruins fans, but maybe not "hockey" fans. They are ignorant of the talent on the FL team, and of how well FL played the second half of the season. 25-8-2 to finish the season, yet they are shocked that the Panthers could beat them.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Not all of their fans are classless, but the ones who are that way are over the top classless. Every team has fans like that, though. It was sweet to wreck their division title plans. And is funny to hear those fans blasting their own team for losing to a "mediocre" Panthers team. They are Bruins fans, but maybe not "hockey" fans. They are ignorant of the talent on the FL team, and of how well FL played the second half of the season. 25-8-2 to finish the season, yet they are shocked that the Panthers could beat them.

lived here for 20 years and have been to Bs games every year. fans aren't that different from anywhere else. it's a great, passionate fan base.

on the reimer injury, edwards' call may help explain the reaction from the crowd. the panthers were getting shellacked and edwards initially commented something like "if this is gamesmanship by reimer...". it wasn't clear to me watching even on TV if/where he was injured. fans in every stadium/sport will boo a player who fakes like he's hurt to delay the game, right? it seemed as it became more clear that he was actually injured, the boos faded away.

regarding the game itself, what a statement. the whole week, really but especially last night. no barkov? i think someone earlier put it succinctly - boughner has forced ownership's hand. they've got to commit to this group. something different is happening.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
lived here for 20 years and have been to Bs games every year. fans aren't that different from anywhere else. it's a great, passionate fan base.

on the reimer injury, edwards' call may help explain the reaction from the crowd. the panthers were getting shellacked and edwards initially commented something like "if this is gamesmanship by reimer...". it wasn't clear to me watching even on TV if/where he was injured. fans in every stadium/sport will boo a player who fakes like he's hurt to delay the game, right? it seemed as it became more clear that he was actually injured, the boos faded away.

regarding the game itself, what a statement. the whole week, really but especially last night. no barkov? i think someone earlier put it succinctly - boughner has forced ownership's hand. they've got to commit to this group. something different is happening.

What does Jack Edward's comments have ANYTHING to do with fan reaction inside the arena? Are they listening to Jack Edwards during the game?

And to my ears, it sounded like they were chanting REI-MER after he left the game.

It's pathetic.

And I gotta say, I listened to what that Jack-Ass Edwards had to say, and my God....classless as it comes.

When there is an injury, you dont rush anybody. Period. That is how shit gets worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilam

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
What does Jack Edward's comments have ANYTHING to do with fan reaction inside the arena? Are they listening to Jack Edwards during the game?

And to my ears, it sounded like they were chanting REI-MER after he left the game.

It's pathetic.

And I gotta say, I listened to what that Jack-Ass Edwards had to say, and my God....classless as it comes.

When there is an injury, you dont rush anybody. Period. That is how **** gets worse.

*sigh*

should've know better. fans have to hate other fans and other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad