The Armchair GM Thread - Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
That's actually not true. Just because they may not be household names yet doesn't mean they're not good players.

After the big four, they've got Brandan Saad, Andrew Shaw, Victor Stahlberg, Marcus Kruger, Michael Frolik, Byian Bickell, Dave Bolland and Jamal Mayers.

Pretty damn comparable to our team if you ask me, not to mention their big four is better than ours to begin with.

I agree that they have stepped it up this year, but most of those guys are largely unproven Nd only now are contributing as they should. I am not completely sold on all of those guys continuing their play.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I agree that they have stepped it up this year, but most of those guys are largely unproven Nd only now are contributing as they should. I am not completely sold on all of those guys continuing their play.

Yeah I hear you. Personally, come playoff time I hope they drop off a cliff :laugh:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
That's actually not true. Just because they may not be household names yet doesn't mean they're not good players.

After the big four, they've got Brandan Saad, Andrew Shaw, Victor Stahlberg, Marcus Kruger, Michael Frolik, Byian Bickell, Dave Bolland and Jamal Mayers.

Pretty damn comparable to our team if you ask me, not to mention their big four is better than ours to begin with.
Goaltending remains a ? for the Hawks I think.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Goaltending remains a ? for the Hawks I think.

Just like Niemi was a ''question mark'' in 2010...

We've been over this, superior skaters for one team means the goalies don't mean ****, it could have been Terry Sawchuk in net for us in 2010 and they still would have won. I don't think this version of the Hawks is better than 2010 version though, even with this start.

LolClarkson*

Frolik is the only standout in the depth list. Meh

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Because you're giving up a good RD who we don't have a replacement for to acquire an injury prone forward who might not even be able to get it done in the playoffs

We would have to go out and get one, but I think value wise is good

LolClarkson*

Because you're giving up a good RD who we don't have a replacement for to acquire an injury prone forward who might not even be able to get it done in the playoffs

I wouldn't decided deals based entirely on injuries. If we made this trade then we have 3 elite 1st liners. He has the badly needed skill we need on the second line.

Loungo can be traded for a replacement D man.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
3rd in the west without kes is fine. Beating the kings without kes was better than fine. We're at least fine.... Probably better than that.

I'm with Tiranis, of course we'd love to upgrade but our wingers are good players, so that's difficult. What we really need right now is more players playing well. The last couple games have been a step in the right direction.

Well last year Florida finished 3rd in the East. Is their team fine?

Oh wow, we beat an 11th place team (LA Kings). That's not something to really be all that excited about.

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
If we're getting rid of Ballard, I can't think of any team that needs him more than the Avalanche. Ballard would be their 2nd best defender. What do you think we could get out of them? Jones and Parenteau would be of some interest to me.

Ballard, 2nd, deep prospect for either of those guys makes sense?

Edit: I now see how much more valuable Parenteau is than Jones.

So Ballard for Jones or Ballard, 2nd, prospect for Parenteau?

Last edited:

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Well last year Florida finished 3rd in the East. Is their team fine?

Oh wow, we beat an 11th place team (LA Kings). That's not something to really be all that excited about.
We should just make a move for Marian Gaborik. I'm sure that would shore up our need for inconsistent, injury-prone, soft European forwards who will bolt for greener pastures at their first opportunity. Maybe Jason Botchford has a line out on this.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
If we're getting rid of Ballard, I can't think of any team that needs him more than the Avalanche. Ballard would be their 2nd best defender. What do you think we could get out of them? Jones and Parenteau would be of some interest to me.

Ballard, 2nd, deep prospect for either of those guys makes sense?

Edit: I now see how much more valuable Parenteau is than Jones.

So Ballard for Jones or Ballard, 2nd, prospect for Parenteau?

Don't think they move Parenteau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad