Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the feedback :laugh:

If it makes you feel any better, I think you guys were having a great year, so a secondary scorer was beneficial to you. Plus, Glencross had like 48 points in 65 games. Meanwhile, my team finished 23rd in the league, so acquiring a young Tanev would benefit us in the long run :P.

I really like Glencross. But we really need to get younger and we have no real young top 4 defeceman. Tanev is, IMO,one of the most untradeable assets we have. Not because he's our best player but because we have so little young defensive depth and he's on a great contract.

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
What would you trade for Ryan Johansen?

I'd give up a lot for this stud. We'd instantly have a second scoring line and a big, right-handed scoring center are is hard to find.

As long as we could agree on a contract, I'd be willing to deal any 2 prospects and Markstrom for him right now.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I'd give up a lot for this stud. We'd instantly have a second scoring line and a big, right-handed scoring center are is hard to find.

As long as we could agree on a contract, I'd be willing to deal any 2 prospects and Markstrom for him right now.

It will probably take the top 5 Canucks prospects just to get Columbus to listen.
He will cost A LOT...
Despite the soured relationship.
The Canucks really does not have that many assets...
Unfortunately.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Dream trade:

Bonino Shinkaruk 1st 2015 Tanev

What it takes

Horvat 1st 2015 Shinkaruk/Jensen/Corrado + McCann/Gaunce

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
We'd throw Markstrom to anyone though
CBJ have no need for goalies
It's tough to say
I've never really been on the RJ train

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
[Any one of our top prospects] + 2015 1st + 2016 1st + [Roster Player who can contribute offensively] + [Another of our top 10 prospects]

Pretty much gonna do some damage to our prospect pool, but the reality is that the absolute best we could hope for with either of those 1st rounders is a player who might develop into a Johansen, and that is very unlikely to get

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Horvat + 2015 1st round pick + 2016 2nd round pick + Alex Burrows/Jannik Hansen

That would probably get their attention.
I doubt they would take Burrows or Hansen though.
Burrows has a 4.5 million caphit...
While being a 2nd/3rd line tweener...
And Hansen is more suitable for the bottom 6.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Columbus would probably want something crazy like Horvat+Shinkaruk/Kassian+2015 1st. We're not exactly in a position where we can afford to give up that many valuable pieces.

Another problem people don't look at is the cap space. Johansen wants about $6M per year. We pretty much have to move Burrows if he's firm on that number, and I doubt he'd waive his NTC to go to Columbus. If he's willing to take ~$4.5-5M per on a 2/3 year deal then we might be barely able to afford him by trading Hansen (MNTC) or Bonino.

Last edited:

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
Columbus accepted Virtanen, 1st 2016, Bonino for Johansen in NHL 15.

LOL. I'm sure that's how JD and company determine trade value.

I would have added my next three 7th round picks in there too, because that's how I roll in EA NHL.

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
We'd throw Markstrom to anyone though
CBJ have no need for goalies
It's tough to say
I've never really been on the RJ train

There backup is McElhinney and their top prospect is probably Dansk.

I'd say they could use Markstrom

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That would probably get their attention.
I doubt they would take Burrows or Hansen though.
Burrows has a 4.5 million caphit...
While being a 2nd/3rd line tweener...
And Hansen is more suitable for the bottom 6.

I included them mostly because we'll need the cap space, while it gives Columbus a roster vet for today.

arsmaster*

I think the more interesting info would be how much would you be willing to pay johansen.

Trade value is obviously a huge factor but if you drop a load of what will most likely included the equivalent of 4 1st round picks you're probably willing to meet his salary demands which are pretty high for a kid with one solid year.

I like him but not at 8x8. That's not a risk I'm taking at this time and anything in the range of what we'd deem affordable I believe Columbus would likely just pay him.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Dream trade:

Bonino Shinkaruk 1st 2015 Tanev

What it takes

Horvat 1st 2015 Shinkaruk/Jensen/Corrado + McCann/Gaunce

A futures deal huh? Is Columbus going to go backwards with a playoff team?

Looking optimistically (because I would make that deal in a heartbeat), maybe they think that with Horton out and RJ as good as gone that they should stockpile for another year... but... eh... I doubt it.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Bonino + Horvat + 2015 1st for RyJo. Gives Columbus a replacement center, a future center and a pick that could really be anywhere this year. Quite a bit of risk there for us but I would pull the trigger. Not sure Columbus does though unless things get really dicey over there and he continues to hold out. We would need to dump some cap though.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I ain't dealing our 2015 1st round pick unless it's a protected pick. With our club's history of injuries - who know where we'll finish at the end of this upcoming season (could be either a playoff spot or a lottery pick type of finish).

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Even if we have as bad of a year as last year I doubt we can out-tank the true bottom feeders of the league to get McDavid but I guess with the new lottery rules anything can happen if you don't make the playoffs. But there is no chance that deal gets done with a protected first.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Trade away all oyr prospects for him...or at least a pile ....sugn him for 6mill 2 yrs and then hes willing to resign for 7yr 9mil
Lol

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think the more interesting info would be how much would you be willing to pay johansen.

Trade value is obviously a huge factor but if you drop a load of what will most likely included the equivalent of 4 1st round picks you're probably willing to meet his salary demands which are pretty high for a kid with one solid year.

I like him but not at 8x8. That's not a risk I'm taking at this time and anything in the range of what we'd deem affordable I believe Columbus would likely just pay him.

Yeah. The contract/salary thing would have to be a huge consideration in any deal for Johansen.

If he's seeking what he is already, after one good year...what's he going to want down the line if he does keep it up or even improve further? Is he going to be a constant problem? Is it going to be a situation where he's just biding his time until he can hit UFA and auction himself off to the highest bidder? Do you really want to cough up a huge amount of crucial rebuild assets, then pay the guy an exorbitant salary, to build your franchise around a possible "mercenary" type?

Or is it more like the Turris situation, where the money thing is more or less just a bluff to get himself out of Columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad