The Armchair GM Thread - LXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Still hoping Benning can pry Eriksson out of Boston for relatively cheap.

Maybe Hansen +

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Eriksson-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Vey(Horvat)-Burrows
Richrdson-Matthias-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
Weber

Miller
Lack

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
That lineup might just squeak by about 100k under the salary cap if you get kassian for about 1.8, tanev for 2.2 and vey for 1 million or less. Hansen,Jensen and a pick 2016 2nd for Loui Eriksson.?

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
That lineup might just squeak by about 100k under the salary cap if you get kassian for about 1.8, tanev for 2.2 and vey for 1 million or less. Hansen,Jensen and a pick 2016 2nd?

Tanev will be >3.5 per, imo.

Kassian 1.5-2M.

Vey for 900k-1.2M

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm still annoyed at not getting Sam gagner for 3.2 mil.
That's a ****ing steal for arizona

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
I'm still annoyed at not getting Sam gagner for 3.2 mil.
That's a ****ing steal for arizona

Good value, but not a great fit w/ us already having Bonino and Vey in the mix (and plans to play them in the middle 6)

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Jensen _____ Kassian
Higgins Bonino Vey
Matthias Richardson Dorsett
Sestito

We need to move Burrows and Hansen the cap savings would be used on a 2C. The problem is there really isn't any 2C available?

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Sbisa Corrado
Stanton

Miller
Lack

Thats what I'd like to see considering what we have. Dumping Burrows, Hansen and Markstrom gives us an extra 8.2 million in cap space. Problem is finding taker for Burrows and his NTC. Hansen and Markstrom are easy to move.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Jensen _____ Kassian
Higgins Bonino Vey
Sestito

We need to move Burrows and Hansen the cap savings would be used on a 2C. The problem is there really isn't any 2C available?

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Sbisa Corrado
Stanton

Miller
Lack

Thats what I'd like to see considering what we have. Dumping Burrows, Hansen and Markstrom gives us an extra 8.2 million in cap space. Problem is finding taker for Burrows and his NTC. Hansen and Markstrom are easy to move.

Ryan Strome? Too young? Price would be too high likely. Although, Snow does weird stuff. Hansen + Burrows + 2nd for Strome?

What about ROR? Clearly has issues with the Avs management.

What could we offer for ROR?

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Jensen _____ Kassian
Higgins Bonino Vey
Sestito

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Sbisa Corrado
Stanton

Miller
Lack

I don't think moving Hansen and Burrows makes sense, coming off of the seasons they had. We're better off sticking with them and letting their value get higher, and then moving them. The NTC's will be a problem, but I really doubt the piece that we get in return for them will increase in value as much as they will .. especially playing under WD.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Good value, but not a great fit w/ us already having Bonino and Vey in the mix (and plans to play them in the middle 6)

Gagner is arguably better than both of them. Certainly skill wise atleast. I think he has an excellent year getting out of Edmonton.
Oh well too late now anyway

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Ryan Strome? Too young? Price would be too high likely. Although, Snow does weird stuff. Hansen + Burrows + 2nd for Strome?

No way that package gets you strome, especially with NYI having too many NHL forwards right now.

I would probably move Horvat for Strome, considering our prospect pool. Doubt management would, and it would probably cost more than that anyway.

ROR I wouldn't trade Horvat/Virtanen for, and that would be the starting piece. Contract-wise, it just wouldn't make sense for us.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Strome will be playing in the islanders lineup this season.

Canucks don't have the assets to aquire ROR.

(Although I think adding a ROR type player puts this years team just barely into the playoffs)

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Still hoping Benning can pry Eriksson out of Boston for relatively cheap.

Maybe Hansen +

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Eriksson-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Vey(Horvat)-Burrows
Richrdson-Matthias-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
Weber

Miller
Lack

I like it, not sure if the numbers work though. The top 6, outside of Kassian, is very soft, the bottom six, outside of Vey and Horvat, is tough. Maybe that's a good balance?

Also would love an actual PMD in our top 6, but can't see how we fit anyone in.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
No way that package gets you strome, especially with NYI having too many NHL forwards right now.

I would probably move Horvat for Strome, considering our prospect pool. Doubt management would, and it would probably cost more than that anyway.

ROR I wouldn't trade Horvat/Virtanen for, and that would be the starting piece. Contract-wise, it just wouldn't make sense for us.

Yeah didn't think so. I looked through capgeek and didn't see much else in the way of #2 centers that could be had.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

Even Snow isn't that crazy would love Strome however.

I don't think moving Hansen and Burrows makes sense, coming off of the seasons they had. We're better off sticking with them and letting their value get higher, and then moving them. The NTC's will be a problem, but I really doubt the piece that we get in return for them will increase in value as much as they will .. especially playing under WD.

Their value is low but where do you play them? Bonino even though will be played at 2C is really a 3c thus bumping Vey to 3RW, Dorsett is 4RW, Higgins is 3LW and Matthias at 4LW.

If we were to get a 2C Hansen and Burrows are redundant. The problem is where do we find this 2C??

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Secretly hoping that if Tanev negotiations are not going well, Benning is looking into a package of Tanev++ for ROR.

Sign a cheap UFA if they feel Sbisa actually is a Top 4 dman; give Corrado a shot if he proves himself.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Even Snow isn't that crazy would love Strome however.

Their value is low but where do you play them? Bonino even though will be played at 2C is really a 3c thus bumping Vey to 3RW, Dorsett is 4RW, Higgins is 3LW and Matthias at 4LW.

If we were to get a 2C Hansen and Burrows are redundant. The problem is where do we find this 2C??

Buy low for Brett Connolly and hope he takes a step forward, or buy high and sell the farm for Ryan Johansen. I like Ryan Strome too. Go young or bust.

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Tanev + Jensen + Markstrom + 2nd 2015 for ROR

Hansen+? for Petry

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Bonino-ROR-Kassian
Higgins-Vey-Burrows
Matthias-Richardsson-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Petry
Edler-Corrado
Sbisa-Bieksa
Stanton

Miller
Lack

Too much? Too little?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Gagner is arguably better than both of them. Certainly skill wise atleast. I think he has an excellent year getting out of Edmonton.
Oh well too late now anyway

Gagner gets pushed around, is soft as they come and has yet to score 50 points in 7 seasons. can't think of a worse fit.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Tanev + Jensen + Markstrom + 2nd 2015 for ROR

Hansen+? for Petry

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Bonino-ROR-Kassian
Higgins-Vey-Burrows
Matthias-Richardsson-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Petry
Edler-Corrado

Sbisa-Bieksa
Stanton

Miller
Lack

Too much? Too little?

Love getting ROR but that bolded part is terrifying.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I'm honestly torn between trading sellable assets now for players to help this roster or waiting until the 2015 trade deadline to sell them for 2015 picks.

Right now I'd say sell at the deadline, barring you can swing a trade for a Eller/Sutter type.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I'm honestly torn between trading sellable assets now for players to help this roster or waiting until the 2015 trade deadline to sell them for 2015 picks.

Right now I'd say sell at the deadline, barring you can swing a trade for a Eller/Sutter type.

It's getting to that point, for sure. If you look at the team, we have a decent 1st line and 3 solid 3rd lines. I think that can last us until deadline, and we go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad