The Armchair GM Thread - LXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
So what should we do with Kassian, Schroeder, Dalpe, Santorelli, Tanev, Weber, Alberts and the non-roster guys? Re-sign Kassian I assume, are they close at all? Will Schroeder be a part of their plans, if not will they re-sign him and try to deal him, or try and deal his rights before July? Do you think they will keep Dalpe? Are they close to a deal with Tanev? I somehow don't think Weber is in their plans. Alberts will probably walk. Any non roster guys they should keep?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So what should we do with Kassian, Schroeder, Dalpe, Santorelli, Tanev, Weber, Alberts and the non-roster guys? Re-sign Kassian I assume, are they close at all? Will Schroeder be a part of their plans, if not will they re-sign him and try to deal him, or try and deal his rights before July? Do you think they will keep Dalpe? Are they close to a deal with Tanev? I somehow don't think Weber is in their plans. Alberts will probably walk. Any non roster guys they should keep?

Most of those are obvious but with Schroeder and Dalpe In my opinion there's no harm in signing these two. Give them an honest chance in pre-season, and if they don't make the cut then at the very least they're good players for Utica. You have to expose them to waivers, but losing them on waivers is no different than not offering them a contract and letting other teams sign them.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

Kassian - resign 100% will probably get around 2 million or so is my guess.

Scheoder - qualify and keep in minors and see if he can stay healthy, no benefit to give up on him yet and it's not like there are a million players chomping at the bit and surpassing him.

Alberts - done with the Canucks and most likely in the NHL. Concussion issues and he's not getting any younger. Seemed likeable anyhow.

Tanev - future stop 4 guy will probably get 9 million over 3 years or so.

Dalpe - I would let him walk, never really thought he was very serviceable. Can't really score and doesn't hit or fight or pk.

Santorelli - The Canucks seemed to collapse after he got hurt. Guy is heart and soul and great on FO and PK. I would go 1 million for another year.

Weber - Don't mind him but would rather give a young guy a shot. Unless they trade a veteran then i would keep him.

nucklepucktime

Jan 26, 2014
sedin sedin jensen
Draisaitl /dal colle stastsny kassian
matthias/higgins horvat shinkaruk
Matthias /higgins Santorelli archibald

trade rest for draft picks. 15/16 goalie contraversy lack /markstrom another blue chip trade option. :)

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I see Schroeder as one of our better moveable pieces, I think he just doesn't translate that well to the NHL, if he was bigger he would do better, but he's not so. I just wonder how much value he has being an RFA.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Kassian - Resigned anywhere between 1.5-2M on a two year basis.
Santorelli - Signed for anything less than 2M on a one year deal.
Tanev - Either signed for 3M on a 2-4 year term or traded (I suspect the latter will happen).
Alberts - Left to free agency

Schroeder, Dalpe and Weber will all likely be given qualifying offers. Weber can fill in as the 7th defenseman while Schroeder and Dalpe are sent to the minors. If they're claied, so be it.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Schroeder has almost no value.

A team won't give up much more than a 4th or 5th for him at this point.

Actually you are right, he would fetch as much as Leblanc did, they are both NHL busts, might as well not re-sign him, but don't want to get nothing for him either, he should be playing in Europe though, not much use on the farm here.

nucklepucktime

Jan 26, 2014
Didnt seem to stop nyi before (michael grabner) but if they dont want shcroeder, then how about etem, 10th, burrows for 5th overall and/ or a choice between gaunce and cassels.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I really, really hope we give Schroeder one last chance. He has less than a single full season under his belt, there's no reason to let him go for nothing especially with Kesler on the way out.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The Poacher said:
Why is Colorado playing this game with him then? I guess they don't want to pay him more than 6.5 so they want to start the negotiations at a lower price?

They aren't really playing any particular "game". Just business, the guy is overpaid at $6.5m and he knows it but he's under no obligation to give it his qualifier without an arbitration fight. IMHO he'll take the pay cut that arbitration hands down.

(ii) In any salary arbitration that takes place pursuant to this Section 12.3(a),
the Salary Arbitrator may not award the Player a Paragraph 1 Salary that is
less than eighty-five (85) percent of the aggregate sum of Player's
Paragraph 1 Salary plus Signing, Reporting and Roster Bonuses in the
final League Year of his most recent SPC.

* Avs are exercising their right to arbitration and a chance to reduce his pay by up to 15%

* ROR is exercising his right to screw as much as he can legally out of the Avs

At worst a 15% pay cut is $5.52m which is still a good pay day for ROR level RFA.

arsmaster*

They aren't really playing any particular "game". Just business, the guy is overpaid at $6.5m and he knows it but he's under no obligation to give it his qualifier without an arbitration fight. IMHO he'll take the pay cut that arbitration hands down.

(ii) In any salary arbitration that takes place pursuant to this Section 12.3(a),
the Salary Arbitrator may not award the Player a Paragraph 1 Salary that is
less than eighty-five (85) percent of the aggregate sum of Player's
Paragraph 1 Salary plus Signing, Reporting and Roster Bonuses in the
final League Year of his most recent SPC.

* Avs are exercising their right to arbitration and a chance to reduce his pay by up to 15%

* ROR is exercising his right to screw as much as he can legally out of the Avs

At worst a 15% pay cut is $5.52m which is still a good pay day for ROR level RFA.

He's not overpaid, and it's not that hard to make his case that he isn't.

They might get some $$$ off $6.5 (I doubt it) but they won't get to $5.52m. They pay Landeskog that on a long term deal and Landy had 1 more point.

32nd in NHL scoring. Colorado is going to have a lot of money invest upfront if they try and keep Statsny, with Mackinnon looking like a the type who'll be earning near $8M on his second deal if he keeps building off of his rookie season.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
sedin sedin jensen
Draisaitl /dal colle stastsny kassian
matthias/higgins horvat shinkaruk
Matthias /higgins Santorelli archibald

trade rest for draft picks. 15/16 goalie contraversy lack /markstrom another blue chip trade option. :)

Omitting Stastny in all future ACGM rosters would lower my blood pressure. Signing a 28 year old Centre to a long term, big-money contract makes absolutely no sense for a rebuilding team.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
With Alberts out Clayton Stoner would be a perfect bottom pairing physical defenseman. Also a local boy, he's big and mean.

29 years old 1m/year

But he's going to want to play, not ride the pine like Alberts did. What do you guys think?

Doughty

Jun 15, 2014
Vancouver
Trade Kesler to Anaheim for Devante Smith Pelly+1st+Nick Bonino

At #6- draft Jake Virtanen
At #10- draft Nikolai Ehlers

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
XXX-Bonino-Smith Pelly
Higgins-Horvat-Booth
Jensen-Lain-Matthias

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Trade Kesler to Anaheim for Devante Smith Pelly+1st+Nick Bonino

At #6- draft Jake Virtanen
At #10- draft Nikolai Ehlers

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
XXX-Bonino-Smith Pelly
Higgins-Horvat-Booth
Jensen-Lain-Matthias

I don't think the ducks will be okay trading 2 "roster" players away. Even 2 solid prospects will be tough to get.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
He's not overpaid, and it's not that hard to make his case that he isn't.

They might get some $$$ off $6.5 (I doubt it) but they won't get to $5.52m. They pay Landeskog that on a long term deal and Landy had 1 more point.

32nd in NHL scoring. Colorado is going to have a lot of money invest upfront if they try and keep Statsny, with Mackinnon looking like a the type who'll be earning near $8M on his second deal if he keeps building off of his rookie season.

I think if ROR takes a 1 year deal then $5.5m that is fair for 23yo with his record, if Col want to lock him longer term I think the number goes up to about 5 years at $6m.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
How bout something like
Kesler for Teravainen+Clendening+2015 first
Re-sign Kassian+Tanev+Santorelli+Biega
Throw some money at a guy like Moulson or Michaelek
Then Jokinen just for the shoot outs alone
Then barring a possible move for first
Sedins/Burrows
Moulson-Santorelli/Teravainen/Reinhart-Kassian
Jokinen-Mathias-Higgins
Booth-Richardson-Hansen
Sestito,same d/goalies
Jensen, Gaunce, Fox, Shinkaruk, Clendening on the farm

Not sure if Chicago can afford to not give cap back

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
With Alberts out Clayton Stoner would be a perfect bottom pairing physical defenseman. Also a local boy, he's big and mean.

29 years old 1m/year

But he's going to want to play, not ride the pine like Alberts did. What do you guys think?

I think I'd race out and get my Canucks # 420 "stoner" jersey as soon as pen was to contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad