Feb 8, 2004
AZ
RIP Kobe

One of my all time favorite gifs:

63c4ed67740f94de580ee7f11cede623ba82c96c_hq.gif

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hey I'm back. Fiancee (and dog) just moved in with me. Anyone know how to tame the dominance of a female Shiba Inu? She's 30 lbs, keeps trying to mount my 80 lb golden doodle, and terrorized my 20lb rescue dog. My doodle just gives her a "get a stepstool and then talk to me" look, but the little one and the Shiba just won't get along.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hey I'm back. Fiancee (and dog) just moved in with me. Anyone know how to tame the dominance of a female Shiba Inu? She's 30 lbs, keeps trying to mount my 80 lb golden doodle, and terrorized my 20lb rescue dog. My doodle just gives her a "get a stepstool and then talk to me" look, but the little one and the Shiba just won't get along.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Apparently Shibas are not as chill as the doge meme implies. Well I guess they are chill of the netflix and chill variety.

Shibas and Akitas can be difficult dogs. You generally can't slip up and have to dominate them. If you're passive, they'll just do whatever they want.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I lived in Pensacola for 2 years. Whitest sand beaches I've ever seen.
I was in Pensacola as well, though so long ago, it feels like another lifetime. 92-94

Also, home of the Blue Angels, the most awesome flight demo team in the world.

We lived on the Naval Air Station, a couple of miles from the end of the runway. They practiced every Wednesday, which meant watching a free air show every week.

We did the same thing. I lived out by the dog track for the first year though. Kinda isolated.

Reactions: MIG

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
@MIG tried to PM you, but can't. Was just gonna ask about your navy days.
Sounds like you were Navy too? I was an NFO. Started in P-Cola at VT-10 (after a long stash time, where I worked at the gym), went the P-3 route, and went to San Antonio, Jax, Brunswick, and finally Pt Mugu.

What did you do there?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Sounds like you were Navy too? I was an NFO. Started in P-Cola at VT-10 (after a long stash time, where I worked at the gym), went the P-3 route, and went to San Antonio, Jax, Brunswick, and finally Pt Mugu.

Interestingly, the Blue Angels' executive officer and #8/Events Coordinator positions are now NFOs... looks like you missed out on a good billet by a few years... ;) Were you with VX-9 at Pt. Mugu? I think I recall them shutting down that detachment recently and moving to Edwards AFB for the F-35 program (although I think the squadron is still based at China Lake).

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Interestingly, the Blue Angels' executive officer and #8/Events Coordinator positions are now NFOs... looks like you missed out on a good billet by a few years... ;) Were you with VX-9 at Pt. Mugu? I think I recall them shutting down that detachment recently and moving to Edwards AFB for the F-35 program (although I think the squadron is still based at China Lake).
Nah, I was a middling officer, though I was an awesome navigator! I wasn't driven enough to do anything with the Blue Angels. My ex-wife did become friends with a girl at her work who was dating, and later married a crew chief for the Blue Angels (#6 I think).

As far as Point Mugu,I was with Naval Weapons Test Squadron, which is now designated as VX-30. Got to do some really cool stuff with them. We had F-14s, but I honestly couldn't tell you if they were the VX-9 det, or ours. I always thought they were ours, as they were on our flight schedule and covered by our duty officers.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Nah, I was a middling officer, though I was an awesome navigator! I wasn't driven enough to do anything with the Blue Angels. My ex-wife did become friends with a girl at her work who was dating, and later married a crew chief for the Blue Angels (#6 I think).

As far as Point Mugu,I was with Naval Weapons Test Squadron, which is now designated as VX-30. Got to do some really cool stuff with them. We had F-14s, but I honestly couldn't tell you if they were the VX-9 det, or ours. I always thought they were ours, as they were on our flight schedule and covered by our duty officers.

The Bloodhounds! Awesome. I have to say, though, that I don't think the Navy ever produced a better aircraft livery than VX-9's Black Bunny - either on the Tomcat or the Phantom.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@MIG tried to PM you, but can't. Was just gonna ask about your navy days.

What did you do there?

You would think I was Navy, but actually Army. There is one Army company on Corry Station that trains signals analysts. The school is run by the Navy but all four services participate with both instructors and students. I spent most of my career in military intelligence and infantry units.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Bloodhounds! Awesome. I have to say, though, that I don't think the Navy ever produced a better aircraft livery than VX-9's Black Bunny - either on the Tomcat or the Phantom.
No disagreement from me.

I actually got a ride in one of the F-4s during a FLEETEX. We had a pod on the wing simulating an Exocet, so they could practice their response to an incoming missile. Was a super cool experience.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
No disagreement from me.

I actually got a ride in one of the F-4s during a FLEETEX. We had a pod on the wing simulating an Exocet, so they could practice their response to an incoming missile. Was a super cool experience.

So I guess I won't be the only one both looking forward to Top Gun: Maverick and anticipating spending most of the movie looking for inaccuracies about how everything's portrayed... ;)

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So I guess I won't be the only one both looking forward to Top Gun: Maverick and anticipating spending most of the movie looking for inaccuracies about how everything's portrayed... ;)

I could hardly watch The Hurt Locker. Hollywood called it the most accurate portrayal of the Iraq War, and all I could do was roll my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad