OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
And I have customer service now. YTTV is lonely. There are no people who can help if you have an issue or a complaint.
That's Google in a nut shell. They basically take a "if you don't like it go f*** yourself" approach to everything they do.

Anti spoilers interface being a huge one. Pure FFWD capability being another.
What do you mean by anti-spoiler interface? Yes that's one thing I do not like about YTTV, the fast forwarding sucks ass. You can only do it in 15 second increments which sucks for sports or any time you want to watch the end of anything. The latter is especially annoying, for example if you wanted to watch just the 4th quarter of a football game you'd literally have to "fast forward" by clicking the remote 480 f***ing times! Ugh...it's so stupid, I honestly can't believe it's a thing. I'm really hoping someone with more YTTV experienced is going to chime in and tell me I'm doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm really hoping someone with more YTTV experienced is going to chime in and tell me I'm doing it wrong.

Right after posting this I thought to myself...this is probably one of those LMGTFY moments and decided not to be that guy and google it myself. Sure enough a simple search revealed that I just need to hold the button down for a bit and then "progressive search" mode will kick in and switch to 30 second increments, 1 minute increments, etc. making fast forwarding to the end much much faster. So happy to find this out!

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That's Google in a nut shell. They basically take a "if you don't like it go **** yourself" approach to everything they do.

What do you mean by anti-spoiler interface? Yes that's one thing I do not like about YTTV, the fast forwarding sucks ass. You can only do it in 15 second increments which sucks for sports or any time you want to watch the end of anything. The latter is especially annoying, for example if you wanted to watch just the 4th quarter of a football game you'd literally have to "fast forward" by clicking the remote 480 ****ing times! Ugh...it's so stupid, I honestly can't believe it's a thing. I'm really hoping someone with more YTTV experienced is going to chime in and tell me I'm doing it wrong.

I use Google fi. They were very helpful when I had an issue.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That's Google in a nut shell. They basically take a "if you don't like it go **** yourself" approach to everything they do.

What do you mean by anti-spoiler interface? Yes that's one thing I do not like about YTTV, the fast forwarding sucks ass. You can only do it in 15 second increments which sucks for sports or any time you want to watch the end of anything. The latter is especially annoying, for example if you wanted to watch just the 4th quarter of a football game you'd literally have to "fast forward" by clicking the remote 480 ****ing times! Ugh...it's so stupid, I honestly can't believe it's a thing. I'm really hoping someone with more YTTV experienced is going to chime in and tell me I'm doing it wrong.
In my experience software/app/web developers are less likely to be hardcore sports fans. My belief (based on nothing but bias and stereotypes) is that's why when they develop user interfaces, they want to pack as much shit into it as possible. Like if you record the game to watch it later, right on the UI when you go to watch it, they'll have the boxscore, a summary, and a million other data points crammed in there. So much information that you won't even have to watch this stupid ass sports game and waste your time with hockey, and you can free yourself up to go game or watch marvel movies or whatever.

Cliff's: some UI shows the score of the game when you try to watch your recording later. it's a problem for me.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
In my experience software/app/web developers are less likely to be hardcore sports fans. My belief (based on nothing but bias and stereotypes) is that's why when they develop user interfaces, they want to pack as much **** into it as possible. Like if you record the game to watch it later, right on the UI when you go to watch it, they'll have the boxscore, a summary, and a million other data points crammed in there. So much information that you won't even have to watch this stupid ass sports game and waste your time with hockey, and you can free yourself up to go game or watch marvel movies or whatever.

Cliff's: some UI shows the score of the game when you try to watch your recording later. it's a problem for me.
Software developers aren't the ones designing UI ;)

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The problem with stuff like Youtube is that once something gets to that scale there start to become like 956564 stakeholder, all who want a certain thing to be apart of the UI, which turns the whole thing into a cluster

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
In my experience software/app/web developers are less likely to be hardcore sports fans. My belief (based on nothing but bias and stereotypes) is that's why when they develop user interfaces, they want to pack as much **** into it as possible. Like if you record the game to watch it later, right on the UI when you go to watch it, they'll have the boxscore, a summary, and a million other data points crammed in there. So much information that you won't even have to watch this stupid ass sports game and waste your time with hockey, and you can free yourself up to go game or watch marvel movies or whatever.

Marketing and sales lead to the bullshit you're referring to, not devs but yeah that's annoying. I will say YTTV has a setting to hide the scores though so at least they got the memo.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
GRA box office hours? Can't find them on the website. Need to redeem a voucher that must be done at box office. Trying to get the best seat possible for 10/30 and want to avoid going day of after work. Don't want to trek out there and find them closed.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
GRA box office hours? Can't find them on the website. Need to redeem a voucher that must be done at box office. Trying to get the best seat possible for 10/30 and want to avoid going day of after work. Don't want to trek out there and find them closed.

upload_2019-10-20_10-14-1.png

Box Office & Tickets | Gila River Arena

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Marketing and sales lead to the bull**** you're referring to, not devs but yeah that's annoying. I will say YTTV has a setting to hide the scores though so at least they got the memo.
I’ve seen devs pack ten pounds of bullshit features no one wants into plenty of five pound bags. I’m sales and marketing and I know I didn’t ask for it.

Meh. It’s all unique to the specific contexts I guess.

Reactions: SniperHF

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I’ve seen devs pack ten pounds of bull**** features no one wants into plenty of five pound bags. I’m sales and marketing and I know I didn’t ask for it.

Meh. It’s all unique to the specific contexts I guess.
Yeah I'm sure it happens just in my experience most development is customer, marketing and sales driven. At least in bigger shops anyway, in smaller shops everyone plays multiple roles and independents are obviously driven by nothing but a dev. I think the main issue is probably communication between all the invested parties.

I think this sums it up well.
vR3TQnN_d.jpg

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It’s paywalling me. Can’t even read the hyperlink. Hah.

Fortunately I'm a subscriber still. :D

Summary:

OLD TOWN TASTE
Where:
1845 E. Broadway Road, Tempe.
Price: Large-format specials, $16-$33; standard dishes $12-$18; cold starters $5-$6; vegetables $10-$15; noodles and rice $8-$12; soups $10-$11.
Hours: 11:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. and 5 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays.
Sound: Lively when busy, but always conversation-friendly.
Vegetarian/vegan options: Plenty of vegetable dishes, though mostly in supporting roles.
Recommended dishes: House special dry pot; sweet and sour squirrel-shaped fish; braised duck with cooking beer; braised beef sirloin with mint flavor; green beans with preserved vegetables; fish-flavored eggplant strips.
Details: 480-702-7101.
Stars: 4 (out of 5)

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yeah I'm sure it happens just in my experience most development is customer, marketing and sales driven. At least in bigger shops anyway, in smaller shops everyone plays multiple roles and independents are obviously driven by nothing but a dev. I think the main issue is probably communication between all the invested parties.

I think this sums it up well.
vR3TQnN_d.jpg
I've been in HIT for almost 17 years, and this will never ever not be funny. Or inaccurate.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad