OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oh please Jakey, if you hadn't seen this video first you'd ****ing **** yourself if that girl actually showed interest in you. :biglaugh::wally:
I go to the games to be entertained. I don't care if it's fans dressed up, dancing in the aisles, scoring goals, a good fight (on the ice ) etc. etc. Bring it on. She didn't hurt anyone and she probably did it all in fun as a dare. Time to lighten up. By the way Sinurgy, they don't call me the silver fox for nothing.:);)

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I know not everyone shares my feelings, but Joker was an outstanding movie. I can't stop thinking about it. Beautifully done, if you haven't seen it i highly recommend it.
Good to hear, I really want to go check it out as soon as I can get some free time. I've heard it's really good!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I go to the games to be entertained. I don't care if it's fans dressed up, dancing in the aisles, scoring goals, a good fight (on the ice ) etc. etc. Bring it on. She didn't hurt anyone and she probably did it all in fun as a dare. Time to lighten up. By the way Sinurgy, they don't call me the silver fox for nothing.:);)
1145436498.jpg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm kinda meh on seeing the Joker movie. But I'm already excited about Midway. Already planning on seeing it when it comes out on the 8th.

I'm afraid Midway is going to be as historical as Pearl Harbor was, which makes me sad because the actual historical story is so amazing in retrospect that it really doesn't need to be punched up unnecessarily.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Perhaps it's because you're mounted on a wall?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm afraid Midway is going to be as historical as Pearl Harbor was, which makes me sad because the actual historical story is so amazing in retrospect that it really doesn't need to be punched up unnecessarily.
Fun fact: Pearl Harbor was filmed at NAS Point Mugu in 2000, during my last year there. A couple of my squadron mates were extras. It was used a couple of times as a setting for TV shows too, most notably JAG - also while I was there. Our skipper fancied himself a Hollywood type, so he tried very hard to foster a relationship with the studios. It resulted in some of us getting the chance to be extras on the show a couple of times.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
As someone who’s a huge fan of the original “Midway” movie I’m intrigued by this ‘remake’.
Feckless will probably be right. The movie will take liberties with history, but from the trailers, it looks like a highly entertaining movie, and ultimately that's what I go to the movies for. So, I guess I'm saying I won't be bothered if every detail isn't just so...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Feckless will probably be right. The movie will take liberties with history, but from the trailers, it looks like a highly entertaining movie, and ultimately that's what I go to the movies for. So, I guess I'm saying I won't be bothered if every detail isn't just so...
“War movie bombs at box office. No casualties. “

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Fun fact: Pearl Harbor was filmed at NAS Point Mugu in 2000, during my last year there. A couple of my squadron mates were extras. It was used a couple of times as a setting for TV shows too, most notably JAG - also while I was there. Our skipper fancied himself a Hollywood type, so he tried very hard to foster a relationship with the studios. It resulted in some of us getting the chance to be extras on the show a couple of times.

So being Navy, you probably did the same thing I did watching Pearl Harbor - trying to find out what parts were based on actual events, cringing at the "punch-up" they did on others (I'm pretty sure Welch and Taylor never did a "chicken run" to take out Zeros), and generally bemoaning how it's too awful even to be a guilty cheesy pleasure. JAG, though, sounds like fun.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
So being Navy, you probably did the same thing I did watching Pearl Harbor - trying to find out what parts were based on actual events, cringing at the "punch-up" they did on others (I'm pretty sure Welch and Taylor never did a "chicken run" to take out Zeros), and generally bemoaning how it's too awful even to be a guilty cheesy pleasure. JAG, though, sounds like fun.
Yeah, there were plenty of cringeworthy parts. I know it wasn't intended to be a historical documentary, so liberties with facts don't bother me all that much - in that context. But still, some of those tings were just outright dumb. I know all we've seen is trailers, but it looks like Midway will be a lot more action. no complaints here.

JAG was great. Very interesting to get to see behind the scenes of how TV shows are made. LOTS of waiting around. David James Elliot was a bit of a pompous ass, but his assistant/bodyguard was a riot, and super cool. Catherine Bell couldn't have been nicer.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah, there were plenty of cringeworthy parts. I know it wasn't intended to be a historical documentary, so liberties with facts don't bother me all that much - in that context. But still, some of those tings were just outright dumb. I know all we've seen is trailers, but it looks like Midway will be a lot more action. no complaints here.

I did a capstone project on the Battle of Midway for my undergrad and have stacked volumes of research on it; I just want this movie to not insult me too egregiously. Like, casting some young beefcake guy as Wade McCluskey or something like that.

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I did a capstone project on the Battle of Midway for my undergrad and have stacked volumes of research on it; I just want this movie to not insult me too egregiously. Like, casting some young beefcake guy as Wade McCluskey or something like that.

It's Roland Emmerich

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I finally did it, for the first time in 12 years I will not have DirecTV. I gave Youtube TV a try based on recommendations here and decided it's good enough. I hate supporting Google and sucks no Science or NHL Network but the bang for buck is there, the DVR works mostly like a normal DVR (hate the 15 second chunking though) and most importantly it's a streaming service that covers college football and local sports without any noticeable drop in quality.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was using DTV for cable and Cox for internet (because Century Link is trash and they basically offered me a free year and I still said no). I was going to cancel DTV and do YTTV but I heard if I signed up for a tiny TV package with Cox it would cut the cost of my internet even more and represent savings. So my plan was to have Cox tv I didn’t watch and YTTV as my primary.

Cox cut me some deals, that combined with the YTTV price hike, made it so I could have FSN, NBCSN, and NHLN with whole home DVR for $5 more per month than I would have been paying otherwise. And I have customer service now. YTTV is lonely. There are no people who can help if you have an issue or a complaint.

I figured I’d do cable for another couple of years until one of the application based services checks all of my boxes for hockey content and DVR capability. Anti spoilers interface being a huge one. Pure FFWD capability being another.

Right now, Cox meets 100% of my needs and is barely more expensive for the package I want.

In a few years, I expect to be able to stream everything from some expensive app, with my DVR needs met, AND the ability to pick up out of market sports so I can hopefully watch CHL and D1 hockey games.

My dream is to be able to watch Coyotes games on demand with a flawless DVR interface but also pick and choose amateur hockey games to watch, so I can keep an eye on all the draft eligible kids throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad