The Arizona Coyotes are here to burn down your village

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That's some incompetence, considering that the nearest village to Glendale is over 200 miles away, in another state. I like that the OP's occupation is "Firefighter."

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
OT and SO "losses" aren't losses at all. They're "regulation ties" where they failed to get the 2nd point in OT. Only regulation losses are true losses.

Don't kid yourself those are losses. There are wins, losses, extra time losses. Ties were eliminated, so they can no longer be called that.

Having said that, I took this thread as sarcastic not serious, so none of that even matters in this thread.

To Detroit: Tire Fire

To Arizona: Cash to Fan Your Flames (Oops cash fell in fire)

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Don't kid yourself those are losses. There are wins, losses, extra time losses. Ties were eliminated, so they can no longer be called that.

Having said that, I took this thread as sarcastic not serious, so none of that even matters in this thread.

To Detroit: Tire Fire

To Arizona: Cash to Fan Your Flames (Oops cash fell in fire)

Nope they're not losses at all. Why? Because OT is 3 on 3. If OT was 5 on 5, then yes we could call them losses, but OT is not 5 on 5, so we can't call them losses.

Where do you think the extra point comes from? It's for tying in regulation. OT isn't there to determine a winner or loser. It's there to hand out a bonus point to the team that successfully retrieves it.

But you're right. This thread is supposed to be sarcastic.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
This just in the Coyotes have adopted a trait from their close cousin (the canine) and will continue with their utilization of the "puppy dog look." Opposers have been quoted saying "but they're so ****ing cute" before allowing 3 goals in the 1st period. More at 11

Hound.png

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Been saying it since the first quarter of the season that i think the Yotes will be one of the better spoiler teams this year. They've had a tough year but were never actually as terrible as their record suggests. Losing all those leads and OT games is obviously bad, but to put yourself in a position to win a game in the NHL isn't easy so there's still some positives. They also had some key injuries.

Now they're healthy, figuring out things with new coach and most importantly, work hard despite their position in the standings.

This month they've taken the Sharks and Preds to OT twice, beaten the Blues in regulation, lost to the Rangers in SO, beat the Isles in OT and lost to the Oilers their first game back after the bye week, a game where they had a 2 goal lead.

Their back end is playing to the level we thought they would in the summer, and they're figuring out some combinations up front that work.

It's a feisty team and will steal some points from teams in the race. Hopefully they keep it up and don't fold. Good 2nd half is something to build around for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad