The American Dream - Phil Kessel (Playoff hot dogs, moments, top 10, etc!)

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
kessel.gif

THIRSTAY FOR MORE

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Phil has got to be the most likable guy in hockey. The fact that the Toronto media chased him out of town tells you everything you need to know about what they are.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Game 4 was my fault. Sorry, it won't happen again.

Today's lunch (back on track):

218E1C40-2DE5-4C52-8A40-9061572FC3C8_zpsiinqlkvh.jpg

... The things I do for this team. :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Kessel hasn't been shooting as much, I think he is certainly dealing with some kind of wrist or arm injury.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

I honestly have no idea how this guy has gotten the "soft player" label on him.
We got him after recovering from shoulder surgery and he missed the first 12 games of the year. He then went on to miss a total of 0 games until the trade.

At many points during his tenure here, he'd have ice packs on his wrist during the game because of the constant slashing he gets on his hands.
During his 6 years and in the 7 playoff games he played here, he was matched up against the other team's best and usually most physical defenseman.....Chara was literally his shadow in Leafs - Bruins games.

Did I mention he didn't miss a single game?
Soft as butter I guess. Maybe butter dipped into liquid Nitrogen for an hour.

Not this time.

That one in the video was David Feschuk.

http://deadspin.com/phil-kessel-mad-1677852005

Had never seen the clip of him calling that reporter an idiot. Good stuff. Is that the Steve Simmons guy that hated him so much?

I wouldn't put any stock into Kessel calling Feschuck or Simmons or Cox, or just about any other media member here, an idiot on live television.

For those who don't know the context of that interview, it was immediately after Carlyle was fired and Horacheck promoted to interim head coach.
Feschuck asked Phil if he felt responsible for Randy being fired. Seriously, this guy asked the single above-average player on the team if he was responsible for a head coach being fired while the team was in a playoff spot.

There are so many times when I want to reach through the radio or television and strangle the moron calling into the show, commenting online or radio, and I almost always want to do that to our pathetic media members.

All I wanted last year was Pittsburgh to win the cup and the Leafs to win the draft lottery. Damn was I a happy guy come June!

I still bring up Phil as often as I can in conversations. I love watching the reaction of people who hated on the guy, called him soft, fat, lazy, loser, etc.....

Anyway, cheering for you guys this year again. I have little hopes in the Leafs winning against the Caps, and then less against the Pens. Give us 2 years and we'll see.

Until then, I hope Phil gets 4 more trophies in the playoffs....he was, in my opinion, jobbed of one last year.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Geno on Phil from a quote on 4/22, pretty cool:

“Phil’s the most dangerous guy on our power play. Great hands. He can shoot. He can pass to me or Sid. He’s our guy. We give him the puck and we just see what he does.â€

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
I honestly have no idea how this guy has gotten the "soft player" label on him.
We got him after recovering from shoulder surgery and he missed the first 12 games of the year. He then went on to miss a total of 0 games until the trade.

At many points during his tenure here, he'd have ice packs on his wrist during the game because of the constant slashing he gets on his hands.
During his 6 years and in the 7 playoff games he played here, he was matched up against the other team's best and usually most physical defenseman.....Chara was literally his shadow in Leafs - Bruins games.

Did I mention he didn't miss a single game?
Soft as butter I guess. Maybe butter dipped into liquid Nitrogen for an hour.

I wouldn't put any stock into Kessel calling Feschuck or Simmons or Cox, or just about any other media member here, an idiot on live television.

For those who don't know the context of that interview, it was immediately after Carlyle was fired and Horacheck promoted to interim head coach.
Feschuck asked Phil if he felt responsible for Randy being fired. Seriously, this guy asked the single above-average player on the team if he was responsible for a head coach being fired while the team was in a playoff spot.

There are so many times when I want to reach through the radio or television and strangle the moron calling into the show, commenting online or radio, and I almost always want to do that to our pathetic media members.

All I wanted last year was Pittsburgh to win the cup and the Leafs to win the draft lottery. Damn was I a happy guy come June!

I still bring up Phil as often as I can in conversations. I love watching the reaction of people who hated on the guy, called him soft, fat, lazy, loser, etc.....

Anyway, cheering for you guys this year again. I have little hopes in the Leafs winning against the Caps, and then less against the Pens. Give us 2 years and we'll see.

Until then, I hope Phil gets 4 more trophies in the playoffs....he was, in my opinion, jobbed of one last year.

He got the "soft" lable because he avoids contact in the regular season. But obviously anyone calling a cancer survivor "soft" is a ****ing jabroni and you don't need to care about their opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad