OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
1). Hands down, FFXI. It was my first MMORPG. I played it from 2004~2010. A stoner living in his parents basement. Made lifelong friends. The game was a total grind. It was hard. Competing with other Linkshells for HNM’s. NM farming. Dynamis. Sky. Sea. Etc.

The music was on ****ing Fire. Each zone was so unique. I was a Taru blm but eventually leveled every class up.

2). This ones very tough. I want to say 7, but then I think about 6. And 9.

9 was so underrated. The characters were brilliant, as was the story. I’ll pick 9. I liked it that much.

3). Another toss up between. Meh. 7? Or 6? I’ll take 7 because it was darker.

4). Weird voting 6 as my 4th favorite. Seems like it should be higher. Beat the brakes off that game about 3 times.

5). 4 was a terrific game. I liked 15 very much too. Despite its flaws I thought the gameplay and battle system were outstanding. The bond with your brothers too. I still play FFXIV but currently taking a break cause I’m addicted to RDR2. But that’s another great ****ing MMO.

As much as I liked 4, 14, and 15, my official vote for 5 is: Final Fantasy Tactics. Boom.

Reactions: Raphael87

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Super Nintendo had some fantastic RPG’s. Anyone Remember this classic?

box-art-secret-of-mana.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Super Nintendo had some fantastic RPG’s. Anyone Remember this classic?

box-art-secret-of-mana.jpg

Did you play the remake? It was ok, nothing to special, but music was done well, but the voice overs with no lips moving reminded me of some Mega Man X, Voice over work which was not very good.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Did you play the remake? It was ok, nothing to special, but music was done well, but the voice overs with no lips moving reminded me of some Mega Man X, Voice over work which was not very good.
No I never got to it. Something about it turned me off. Was it the same music as the original?

Something Square always nailed we’re the soundtracks.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No I never got to it. Something about it turned me off. Was it the same music as the original?

Something Square always nailed we’re the soundtracks.

They took the original and enhanced it. One example, Remember when after the Mana fortress rises and you are riding the dragon?

Here is the original...

Here is the PS4 enhanced version...

Reactions: Kupo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
They took the original and enhanced it. One example, Remember when after the Mana fortress rises and you are riding the dragon?

Here is the original...

Here is the PS4 enhanced version...

Ahhh thanks for that! I actually like the original more though lol. What made that game great was the ability to play with my older brother. That was a first for RPG’s.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was an amazing game for sure. Chrono Cross was excellent as well.

Chrono Cross was very good, and the scene on the beach with the original CT characters just gave me chills. Music was also very well done.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Beat Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy; and playing through their Game of Thrones season.

Several seasons into a Madden 19 dynasty, playing as the Giants.

Finally beat Mass Effect 3 and started on Andromeda.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Beat Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy; and playing through their Game of Thrones season.

Several seasons into a Madden 19 dynasty, playing.

Finally beat Mass Effect 3 and started on Andromeda.
You ever get around to getting red dead old man?!? :D

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You ever get around to getting red dead old man?!? :D

No, that's going to have to be a summer endeavor when I can really dive into and dedicate the time.

I need to reserve me free time for yelling at clouds. (Why don't we have middle finer emoji on this site? :laugh:)

I had a bunch of unused Microsoft Rewards points that I redeemed at 7,500 a clip for $10 certificates. With the end of year discounts, I ended up getting Guardians, Madden, GOT and Andromeda for a total of $5.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
No, that's going to have to be a summer endeavor when I can really dive into and dedicate the time.

I need to reserve me free time for yelling at clouds. (Why don't we have middle finer emoji on this site? :laugh:)

I had a bunch of unused Microsoft Rewards points that I redeemed at 7,500 a clip for $10 certificates. With the end of year discounts, I ended up getting Guardians, Madden, GOT and Andromeda for a total of $5.
Summer?!? C’mon!

I’ve been playing the online beta religiously. I made a redhead chick and named her Cherry Poppins. Not too much to do as far as missions, but I’ve been gold + xp grinding.

I want to play the 1st Red Dead at some point too.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Summer?!? C’mon!

I’ve been playing the online beta religiously. I made a redhead chick and named her Cherry Poppins. Not too much to do as far as missions, but I’ve been gold + xp grinding.

I want to play the 1st Red Dead at some point too.

I know, I know --- I'm lame.

But I'll be all over two continents from mid-January until late March.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I know, I know --- I'm lame.

But I'll be all over two continents from mid-January until late March.

I would avoid Antarctica this time of year.. And Australia every time if the year. Way too many things there that want to kill you. :thumbu:

Reactions: darko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad