Injury Report: The All Purpose Injury Thread (#1 with updates) | ***Crosby eyes Game 1 return***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Iginla: "Hey Sid, coach is trying to peg me into LW. Was he always this boneheaded?"

Crosby: "Yeah... but not as bad as that one guy that tried to put me at wing during my rookie season."

Neal: "I hope my hair looks good."

:laugh:

You forgot the "...i used a new shampoo last night and the hair still feels too clean. Next time I'm going to dry my hair with a sweaty jersey."

James Neal is every 80s movie dumb jock ever, combined into a single person.

Curls for the girls. The rest is window dressing. Let's be honest here. In life:

1. Chicks
2. Cup
3. Individual Awards
4. World Peace

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
6WkUsBN.jpg

Bane: Yes. The fire rises.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Well he sounds very confident that he is ready to play. Sounds like he'll be bugging the doctors over the next few days to give him clearance.

Yupp.

"I know you have to wait for clearance from the doctors, but from your perspective what will have to happen for you to be ready for the playoffs?"

"As long as they say I can play, there's nothing else"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Maybe this is just me being paranoid or something - but keep in mind I've been pretty darn sure that Crosby was going to play in game 1 - but there is something about that interview that makes me think that Sid won't be ready.

Words he used - really careful to avoid any sort of contact, stuff like that. The movement of his eyes...

And then, I have to go back to this... Bylsma did break up Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis in practice this morning. My one constant "read" on Byslma is that he only breaks up lines when he believes the injury is really long-term.

I'm sure I'm just getting pre-playoff jitters...........................................................................................................

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Maybe this is just me being paranoid or something - but keep in mind I've been pretty darn sure that Crosby was going to play in game 1 - but there is something about that interview that makes me think that Sid won't be ready.

Words he used - really careful to avoid any sort of contact, stuff like that. The movement of his eyes...

And then, I have to go back to this... Bylsma did break up Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis in practice this morning. My one constant "read" on Byslma is that he only breaks up lines when he believes the injury is really long-term.

I'm sure I'm just getting pre-playoff jitters...........................................................................................................
Yeah, the no contact thing still worries me. Worried that he went for clearance yesterday, doctors said no, not healing enough. The team announces he's cleared for 'practice' to avoid panic (not mentioning he's not cleared for contact or to actually return)

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
I like the description of the video..

"Off-Day: Sidney Crosby (04.26.13)
Sidney Crosby following practice at Southpointe. Crosby is expected to play tomorrow. Presented by 84 Lumber" :naughty:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

:laugh:
How sad is it that when Dan appears to be doing the right thing, we start to think that something else must be wrong?

The no contact thing is a little concerning, but there's still approximately 98 hours until the first playoff game, and really, what could have changed from last night to this morning in terms of knowing if Sid would be ready?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
6WkUsBN.jpg

"Every cellar dwellar who has rotted there over the decades has looked up at our Cups and dreamed of climbing the playoff ladder. So easy... so simple. And like playoff pretenders relying too heavily on their powerplay, many have died trying. I will feed the rest of the NHL hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that they can compete... so you can watch them clamoring over each other... to stay... on the ice. And when it is done... and the rest of the league is.... ashes.... then you have my permission to golf."

Last edited:

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
6WkUsBN.jpg

"Every cellar dwellar who has rotted there over the decades has looked up at our Cups and dreamed of climbing the playoff ladder. So easy... so simple. And like playoff pretenders relying too heavily on their powerplay, many have died trying. I will feed the rest of the NHL hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that they can compete... so you can watch them clamoring over each other... to stay... on the ice. And when it is done... and the rest of the league is.... ashes.... then you have my permission to golf."

:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
All of these conspiracy theories about Crosby and whether he will play or won't play are ridiculous. Don't you realize how silly that they make you sound?

It should have been obvious to everyone that when they pretended that Orpik had a lower body injury to be sure that he did not injure Crosby again that it clearly showed that Crosby would play in game one.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
All of these conspiracy theories about Crosby and whether he will play or won't play are ridiculous. Don't you realize how silly that they make you sound?

It should have been obvious to everyone that when they pretended that Orpik had a lower body injury to be sure that he did not injure Crosby again that it clearly showed that Crosby would play in game one.

Or maybe Orpik is just so overwhelmed with guilt that he decided that he won't play until Sid can :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

no doubt. After Crosby takes the ice and Malkin signs his extension, I'll go back to *****ing at bylsma

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Iginla: "Hey Sid, coach is trying to peg me into LW. Was he always this boneheaded?"

Crosby: "Yeah... but not as bad as that one guy that tried to put me at wing during my rookie season."

Neal: "I hope my hair looks good."

This made me crack up more than it probably should have. :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
no doubt. After Crosby takes the ice and Malkin signs his extension, I'll go back to *****ing at bylsma

Am I the only one that wants Malkin to pull a college football recruit thing, and call a press conference to announce his decision, put on a Philly Jersey, wear it for a while, then take it off and say 'just ****ing with you Philly' and announce a long term deal with the Pens?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Am I the only one that wants Malkin to pull a college football recruit thing, and call a press conference to announce his decision, put on a Philly Jersey, wear it for a while, then take it off and say 'just ****ing with you Philly' and announce a long term deal with the Pens?

would make for a decent photo-shop.

NS_20RANDLED_30222466+(1).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad