Injury Report: The All Purpose Injury Thread (#1 with updates) | ***Crosby eyes Game 1 return***

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
“It’s nice to get out there with the team,” Crosby said, “and get a full practice in.”

“(Returning) is not really up to me,” Crosby said. “I’ll just keep talking with the doctors. It’s something they have to feel comfortable with the healing. As soon as they say the word, I’ll be ready to go.”

“It’s pretty good,” he said. “I can tell there is something wrong, but it’s not anything that’s been too painful. The last week or so has been pretty good.”

Crosby, 25, had dental work done Thursday and was cleared to return to team practice.

“A couple root canals, it wasn’t a big deal at all,” he said.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=667787

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Crosby was apparently born with a very high pain threshold and a very average healing time.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sid doesn't know. He will have to talk to his doctors

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Like Crosby is sitting by the phone waiting for a doctor to call. Once he was cleared for regular practice, everyone, including Sid and his doctors knew already that he will be playing Wednesday. He almost certainly would be playing tomorrow if the playoffs started then. With a big ass shield on his face maybe, but playing.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
One step at a time.

First you get Bylsma used to the idea of Iggy on the proper line. Then you ease him into the right position on that line. We all know that the big emotional barrier was moving a player from a line Bylsma had determined was the best line for him. Once we get Bylsma to come to grips with being wrong about that, the big hurdle has been passed, getting him to move Iggy to RW should be a piece of cake.

Exactly. This type of gradual exposure treatment has been known to work with extreme cases of anxiety.

switch23

Sep 22, 2010
54x56f4sd5fsd.png

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Iginla: "Hey Sid, coach is trying to peg me into LW. Was he always this boneheaded?"

Crosby: "Yeah... but not as bad as that one guy that tried to put me at wing during my rookie season."

Neal: "I hope my hair looks good."

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Iginla: "Hey Sid, coach is trying to peg me into LW. Was he always this boneheaded?"

Crosby: "Yeah... but not as bad as that one guy that tried to put me at wing during my rookie season."

Neal: "I hope my hair looks good."

James Neal is every 80s movie dumb jock ever, combined into a single person.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Does Neal have a tinted shield?

Looks like it. I can't imagine he'd be sensitive to light and be cleared to play, so it could just be a preference thing. Ovechkin and Kopitar wear tinted visors and to my knowledge have no concussion histories.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Looks like it. I can't imagine he'd be sensitive to light and be cleared to play, so it could just be a preference thing. Ovechkin and Kopitar wear tinted visors and to my knowledge have no concussion histories.

Alex Steen and Andy Mcdonald returned from their concussions with tinted visors. David Perron wore a tinted visor before and after his concussion. Mueller picked up a tinted visor after returning from his latest concussion but i think he's abandoned it now. it seems pretty common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad