The All-Purpose David Desharnais thread (post-Pressbox edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
George Parros
@GeorgeParros 2m

Was SlapShot filmed during @movember ??? Looking good Davey!

BaMQT30CIAAS0t7.jpg:large

Parros might be useless, but he's funny :laugh:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Something about DD is that when he's on his game(like he is now) he is a great passer. And you could see it on PP last game, espcially the way he passes the puck being sort of stuck on his blade then releases it for a teamate, it's pretty damn useful, esp. for one-timers.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
you are right, DD had a OK game last night.
Points doesn't changed my opinion on him for last night games.

I' m happy about the win.....but i'm pissed about how many chances he got, and others players don't get half of it.

4:55 on the powerplay....not even a minute for any other forward on the team.
Nevermind that Galchenyuk and Plekanec are our best forward on the PP....he gets it all, and always with Subban and Markov!

I don't mind him getting some PP time, he diserve it lately.....but all of it....leaving every other player dry????????? Sorry, but that's not how you threat the players who are doing all the heavy lifting.

No other players got that treatment since the beginning of the year.
PP time was aalways split mostly equally. Even DD got a lot of it in his bad strech to help him out.

Do we give some to Galchenyuk to help him.....no!
Do we give some to Eller, who's responsible for the only 5-on-5 goal?....no!
Do we give some to Plekanec who's doing all the heavy lifting?....no!

Who's getting it all?
The 2 players who had a really bad year until a couple of games.

But that's working.....and that's okay.
Not sure every players are happy about it....

One thing we do know now: Without tons of PP, the 2 best wingers, tons of O-zone start , and no defensive missions......DD is totally useless!!

It's hard to look bad when you play 1/3 of your game on the Powerplay.....

Total BS post... we won the game and DD contributed. I really can't figure out some of these posters who would sooner complain about how the game was won rather than celebrate the fact that it was a win.

I would hate to be coached by any of these complainers... they would be without a clue on how to help a player or a team through lean times.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Total BS post... we won the game and DD contributed. I really can't figure out some of these posters who would sooner complain about how the game was won rather than celebrate the fact that it was a win.

I would hate to be coached by any of these complainers... they would be without a clue on how to help a player or a team through lean times.

How is it a "Total BS post" though? I think the post had a pretty valid point, actually. Eller has a rough patch, he's demoted / benched. Galchenyuk playing well, tied for 2nd on the team for points? Let's give him 59 seconds on the PP while continuing to play him out of his natural position.

What player on the Habs "going through lean times" would EVER have the entire team structure altered to help him out aside from Desharnais? Why does the teams' management seem so fixated on helping out Desharnais? Why isn't there an equal push to actually reward players doing well?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How is it a "Total BS post" though? I think the post had a pretty valid point, actually. Eller has a rough patch, he's demoted / benched. Galchenyuk playing well, tied for 2nd on the team for points? Let's give him 59 seconds on the PP while continuing to play him out of his natural position.

What player on the Habs "going through lean times" would EVER have the entire team structure altered to help him out aside from Desharnais? Why does the teams' management seem so fixated on helping out Desharnais? Why isn't there an equal push to actually reward players doing well?

A lot of posters seem to actually think we should only be concerned after losses.

That is actually the BS view.

The reality is that individual wins and losses are often flukes. Only the long term trends are real.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I've been giving Desharnais a hell of a lot of flack the past year, I'm happy that he is going. If he can contribute offensively then he deserves a spot on the club, hopefully he keeps it up.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Pleeeeaaase! DD is getting the exploitation minutes with the best wingers on the Habs. How could he not get points playing on the PP with Markov, Subban, Maxpac and Gally? Let's see what happens when the other teams start to lean on Desharnais.

And DD still only has 6 points so far this year... that is on pace for 20 points this year.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Why should I be happy for a player who got going after being given a million chances and being put in the best possible opportunity to succeed? Desharnais is such a liability in that he needs so much coddling to actually contribute to the team. I would ship him out as fast as I could.

Like in 2011, he will only produce with teams best two wingers being played against soft opposition and getting tons of powerplay time. He's a detriment to the team in the log term because he stops the upward mobility of other players/takes away offensive situation for other players who probably could perform as good and better while at the same time contributing to other areas.

Good for you Desharnais for producing only after being handed your spot on a silver platter, kudos, kudos :rolleyes:

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
where is everybody?no more whining and and crying over dd?so who's gonna be the next guy to get bashed on here?bourque?galchenyuk?eller?come on ,how can hf boards go this long without complaining about a habs player?i don't get it.seems like people are actually supporting every player on the team.i must be dead!!!!!!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
where is everybody?no more whining and and crying over dd?so who's gonna be the next guy to get bashed on here?bourque?galchenyuk?eller?come on ,how can hf boards go this long without complaining about a habs player?i don't get it.seems like people are actually supporting every player on the team.i must be dead!!!!!!

He still is a bad fit on the team and should be gotten rid of as soon as someone is actually willing to take him on without considering him negative value. But at least now he's playing like a NHLer with his top 6 soft minutes+PP time instead of a AHLer even with top 6 soft minutes. Will be hard pressed to find a worse 20 games to start a season form any player who's getting his money, icetime, offensive role, PP time. Not to mention someone who had as many supporters as he did after that stretch + last season's stretch post signing an extension. It's actually quite amazing a ruthless market who almost ran a 21/22 year old goalie out of town would be so forgiving for Desharnais.

I will never see the love for this type of high maintenance player with a big contract and such replaceable contribution with all that work to get him in a position to produce. :dunno:

I don't care about the player, I care for the team. It's the CH I support. I like players who I think will lead the team I support to success and don't want players that I think won't lead them to success. I guess I'm not the type to ignore faults of a player just because he's wearing my favourite team's jersey. I don't want players that hurt the team I support more than they help it, why would I support their presence when I think it's overall bad for the team?

Last edited:

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003

Your whining about whining is amusing.

pavelbure44

Oct 4, 2007
Will be hard pressed to find a worse 20 games to start a season form any player who's getting his money, icetime, offensive role, PP time.

Let's not exaggerate here. Desharnais had a bad start, but he's no David Clarkson. And he's only averaged 15 minutes of ice time this season, which isn't that much. He's bouncing back now and playing good hockey; he's starting to look like Desharnais from two years ago.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
After defending him through hell and back, its nice to see him doing me proud. Keep it up Davey boy!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Let's not exaggerate here. Desharnais had a bad start, but he's no David Clarkson. And he's only averaged 15 minutes of ice time this season, which isn't that much. He's bouncing back now and playing good hockey; he's starting to look like Desharnais from two years ago.

1 point in 19 games to start season averaging 15-16 minutes. It's no exaggeration. I think it kinda shows what I mean when even one of the worst contracts in hockey had more points (5 times to be exact) in his first 17 games.

Yes he's playing well now, but big picture is still the same.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He still is a bad fit on the team and should be gotten rid of as soon as someone is actually willing to take him on without considering him negative value. But at least now he's playing like a NHLer with his top 6 soft minutes+PP time instead of a AHLer even with top 6 soft minutes. Will be hard pressed to find a worse 20 games to start a season form any player who's getting his money, icetime, offensive role, PP time. Not to mention someone who had as many supporters as he did after that stretch + last season's stretch post signing an extension. It's actually quite amazing a ruthless market who almost ran a 21/22 year old goalie out of town would be so forgiving for Desharnais.

I will never see the love for this type of high maintenance player with a big contract and such replaceable contribution with all that work to get him in a position to produce. :dunno:

I don't care about the player, I care for the team. It's the CH I support. I like players who I think will lead the team I support to success and don't want players that I think won't lead them to success. I guess I'm not the type to ignore faults of a player just because he's wearing my favourite team's jersey. I don't want players that hurt the team I support more than they help it, why would I support their presence when I think it's overall bad for the team?

The team is playing better and a huge part of it is because of DD. You call high maintenance, I call it team chemistry.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Where the hell was that the first 20 games of the season. That's the kind of play that earned him a spot in the NHL. Apparently the benchings woke him up..he's gotten progressively better since.

I'd like to see him play like this in the playoffs - he certainly didn't last spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad