The All-Purpose David Desharnais thread (post-Pressbox edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Another Desharnais special last night

0 G
0 A
0 PIM
0 SOG
0 BKS
0 HITS
0 TAKE
0 GIVE

All this in 15:11.

How is it possible for a player to continue to contribute absolutely nothing to the game?

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Desharnais
Therrien
Bergevin

What a bunch of sad sacks. It did not take long for the wine to turn to vinegar. I for one will enjoy the turd storm that will ensue!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It actually takes some kind of skill to keep getting 15+min/game without or cannot be used for anything on the defensive side and go 20 games with 1 point. Not many forwards can do this. Closest I can find is Patrick Dwyer but he kills ~2min of penalties/game

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
And Mike Smith!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA that avatar. Hilarious!

Do I feel bad for this rich little guy? A bit. He should seriously start shooting the puck. And I literally mean, start to shoot the puck at the net. Is he friends with Gomez or something? It feels like I'm watching Gomez play. Breakaway? doesn't shoot. In front of the net? Gets hit by the puck. Has a chance to take a shot? Looks for the pass.

I'm certain even his biggest detractors didn't envision such putrescence. Makes me wonder where's his mental state at.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Yeah, his personal lack of any impact on a game has nothing to do with it.

Problem is that this guy is singled out as a main reason for every single disaster. It's either him or Bouillon. Bouillon was gulity of not predicting that Ballard shot will bounce from someone's ass onto Pominville's stick and noone ponited at no.27 who was wandering around the zone and was late on shot blocking.
Our problems are much deeper then DD and Bouillon underperforming on ice.
We are still assuming that first 30 games of last season are our reality instead od last 12 + playoffs + 2012/13 season.
We went to 8-5 thanks to Price and Budaj and when finally Price needed his team to help him, we failed.
I think that even without DD, Bouillon and Therrien we will be on the same spot. Maybe even worse.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA that avatar. Hilarious!

Do I feel bad for this rich little guy? A bit. He should seriously start shooting the puck. And I literally mean, start to shoot the puck at the net. Is he friends with Gomez or something? It feels like I'm watching Gomez play. Breakaway? doesn't shoot. In front of the net? Gets hit by the puck. Has a chance to take a shot? Looks for the pass.

I'm certain even his biggest detractors didn't envision such putrescence. Makes me wonder where's his mental state at.

Wherever it is, it's not on the ice. Yesterday I saw a poor guy scared to make one wrong pass. That's his mental state. If DD is surfing and reading all the bashing for last 6 months, he probably needs to go to some shrink for therapy.

Oct 22, 2012
Think I read a post that something "What's the point of putting him in the press box if he comes back to play 15+ minutes". That's pretty much it. It worked for Eller because he actually had to earn his ice time and look now. Our best all around center.

With players like desharnais who have no impact on a game whatsoever, habs are destined for top 10 pick. Size has no effect on our other undersized forwards, gally plays over his head and gio uses his speed/defensive awareness.

Mentality has to change too, every team knows how easy it will be to enter habs zone. Emelin will help yes, but its terrible to have an entire team to rely on the physicality of what 4 players? Murray is a roadblock, but in my mind it's a wash because Diaz doesn't hit anything, especially the net (ba dum tssssss).

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Another Desharnais special last night

0 G
0 A
0 PIM
0 SOG
0 BKS
0 HITS
0 TAKE
0 GIVE

All this in 15:11.

How is it possible for a player to continue to contribute absolutely nothing to the game?

at least he doesn't get scored on every 4 minutes of ice-time

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Wherever it is, it's not on the ice. Yesterday I saw a poor guy scared to make one wrong pass. That's his mental state. If DD is surfing and reading all the bashing for last 6 months, he probably needs to go to some shrink for therapy.

I'd have zero confidence if I was playing in the NHL too because, like DD, I have no business being there . . .

(and no, I don't have even 1% of DD's talent)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A lot of good that healthy scratch did him.

What's next, move him up a line and put him back on the PP? Wouldn't put it past Therrien.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
My company is restructuring and layoffs are coming. I have to lay off about 5 employees in the coming days, outstanding people who do the job everyday but in order to survive, these cuts must occur. My point is I can't feel sorry for DD for a couple of reasons-
1. He is set financially
2. He is not a value added to his company

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
It actually takes some kind of skill to keep getting 15+min/game without or cannot be used for anything on the defensive side and go 20 games with 1 point. Not many forwards can do this. Closest I can find is Patrick Dwyer but he kills ~2min of penalties/game

Its one of those only-in-Quebec type of things.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
If we're thinking long term, the only way to get rid of DD might be to put on the first PP unit hoping it adds some points to his production. The team needs to add value to him in order to have any chance of moving him. Try to get him up to .5 pp/g then ship him off with a pick.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I still don't know why Therrien hasn't tried once DD on the wing. I mean, we have 3 better centers than him and maybe a guy like Galchenyuk will help him. (Yes, I'm serious).
We're stuck with David, and I don't think he's a horrible player. I honestly think it's a matter of time before he gets some points, of course not on a 60pts /season pace.

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Desharnais

Try it, Michel!

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I still don't know why Therrien hasn't tried once DD on the wing. I mean, we have 3 better centers than him and maybe a guy like Galchenyuk will help him. (Yes, I'm serious).
We're stuck with David, and I don't think he's a horrible player. I honestly think it's a matter of time before he gets some points, of course not on a 60pts /season pace.

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Desharnais

Try it, Michel!

I've said this since last year, but its clear its never going to happen. I'm really confused why they broke up the gionta-plex-bournival line, and didn't just go with Patches-DD-Bourque. It seems like the most obvious setup.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
The Patches-Plekanec-Gionta line was buzzing and dominating thoroughly at the beginning of the last game and, along with the Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher, give us two pretty potent offensive line. It's a legitimate strategy imo to load up 2 lines on offense like that even if it leaves a 3rd line of Bourque-DD-Bournival because that line still has some offensive upside while being decently sound defensively. Also, DD stays at center mainly because of his faceoff abilities. However, I wouldn't mind seeing his center defensive duties transferred to Bournival in the defensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad