The All-Purpose 6th Overall Discussion Thread PT VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Sportsnet reporting that the 8th + Kadri + Gardiner isn't enough for the 1st!

JVR still wouldn't? Yikes.

I think it is actually saying JVR, 8th, and Gardiner all as a package MAY or may not get it done.

If that is the package I am sitting tight at 6, or for the leafs sitting tight.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I think it is actually saying JVR, 8th, and Gardiner all as a package MAY or may not get it done.

especially when all we want is the 3rd or 4th. So this is my new fantasy.. Edmonton Gives up their 3rd + for Floridas 1st.. And Florida in turn flips the 3rd to us for our 6th +... Edmonton Drafts Ekblad. Buffalo takes Bennett and we get our man!

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Yeah it's clear that this is the time when any moronic rumor gets published as fact by the likes of Dreger, Kypreos, etc.

Expect to see a lot of hyperventilating around this smoke...perhaps it's just best to stick to Soccer until the draft and avoid HF completely (who am I kidding lol)

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013

Yeah I was a bit definitive in my language there.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
especially when all we want is the 3rd or 4th. So this is my new fantasy.. Edmonton Gives up their 3rd + for Floridas 1st.. And Florida in turn flips the 3rd to us for our 6th +... Edmonton Drafts Ekblad. Buffalo takes Bennett and we get our man!

Let's hope!

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I think it's more the case because:

1) Toronto is in the EAST
2) At 8th, there's a higher risk that neither of the guys they want (nylander & ehlers) won't be there.

Gardiner also isnt a proven NHL Dman and for some reason Kadri just isn't an attractive piece to people.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Imagine if FLorida did this they could literally get a blue chip prospect from US and the Oilers, and still

keep the 6th overall pick.. And this is a weak draft... Imagine what the team next year could get if they

Dangled the 2015 1st overall pick would be tempting!

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013

1) Toronto is the EAST
2) At 8th, there's a higher risk that neither of the guys they want (nylander & ehlers) won't be there.

Gardiner also isnt a proven NHL Dman and for some reason Kadri just isn't an attractive piece to people.

Thats very true... My Maple Leaf Fan Friends are always trying to pawn him off on me on me, but I

just have zero interest in the guy I don't think he's that good

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
[/B]

Thats very true... My Maple Leaf Fan Friends are always trying to pawn him off on me on me, but I

I don't mind him at all actually. If the price wasn't much, I'd be ok with him on the Canucks.

skrymir2000

Jul 6, 2010
San Diego/Manila
They're going to draft Virtanen because they're tryin to do whatever to sell tickets.

I'll be honest and say I haven't seen any of these guys play but I like what I read about Virtanen in the draft guides (Hockey Prospect, FC, Draftbuzz)

With Nylander having played in Modo part of last year I guarantee TL has talked to Markus Naslund for his thoughts on the kid.

If they take or don't take him you can guarantee they got some insight from the former Modo GM.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

1) Toronto is in the EAST

That's the problem with the majority of Toronto's skaters - they all have one major deficiency or another making their value much lower to other teams.

Most of their roster is built on players I wouldn't ice on a contender: Lupul (injuries), Franson (defense), Kadri (defense), Phanuef (low hockey IQ), etc

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
[/B]

I flip flop on Kadri. At this point in time I would have no problem trying him out on the 2nd line (post Kes obviously).

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
That sportsnet report is BS, IMO. I don't think too highly of Nonis and Tallon, but neither are THAT dumb.

I'd go a step further and suggest you are gullible if you believe that report.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

I can see the logic from Tallon, genuine studs are just really hard to get. If they project say Reinhart as Kopitar level 2-way centre or Ekblad as a true #1, those are pieces you just don't give up for Kadri and especially Gardiner when he could go after a UFA.

I still have to think JVR+8th (Nylander/Ehlers) is tempting for Florida, given they have Barkov and other great young centre depth already. That top 6 depth would be scarey. I'd love a JVR for Kesler deal myself though it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad