Prospect Info: The all-encompassing WJC talk thread

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I put hardly any stock in the WJC
Remember when Paajarvi and Puljujarvi looked dominant?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Bouchard has been complete garbage this tournament while Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, and Smith all look very good.

Look like we missed out on another one. Just shy of great players, and choosing a lame duck over a few others. Typical. Yamamoto is going the same way too. Sick joke.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bouchard has been complete garbage this tournament while Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, and Smith all look very good.

Look like we missed out on another one. Just shy of great players, and choosing a lame duck over a few others. Typical. Yamamoto is going the same way too. Sick joke.

I'm hoping you forgot the sarcasm emote...

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'm hoping you forgot the sarcasm emote...
For what? Bouchard has been benched two games in a row now and looks horrific. Being brutally outplayed by Smith and Dobson, both players who were available for us. Boqvist and Hughes both look dynamic in all their WJC games so far.

Yet our player is lagging behind once again. Just like Yakupov, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto. Worst drafting team in the league AINEC.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
For what? Bouchard has been benched two games in a row now and looks horrific. Being brutally outplayed by Smith and Dobson, both players who were available for us. Boqvist and Hughes both look dynamic in all their WJC games so far.

Yet our player is lagging behind once again. Just like Yakupov, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto. Worst drafting team in the league AINEC.

Benched? He played almost the last two minutes of last game. That’s not a player being benched..

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

May as well just trade him then since the wjc is so well known for determining players NHL success right?

I'm not a fan of the oilers scouting, development, or really anything right now, but not a single one of those picks you mentioned was a bad pick at the time it was made.

Picking anyone but yak or JP would have incited riots for going off the board. Yam was picked right where he should have been, and Bouchard is doing just fine for a number 10 pick. He was playing unreal leading up to the wjc since going back, I guess we should all just forget that because he's had a rough few games this tournament?

If you complain about anything it should be the development, cause 90% of the teams in the NHL would have made those exact picks.

But of course the fans who watch these prospects play less than 10 games a year are a way better judge of talent than the scouts right? Sheesh

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don't think he's separated himself.....which is unfortunate....but maybe expected.

So because he's having a rough go a few games in this tournament, despite being amazing leading up to this tournament, we missed out on another pick?

My God.. how can you guys draw conclusions like this when the entirety of your opinion comes from what they've done in the past week ..

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Yakupov and Puljujarvi were great in the world juniors.

Reactions: oXo Cube

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Puljujarvi was propped up by two All Star NHL tier players in Laine and Aho, obviously. One is so far unlike the others it's hilarious.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
He had 3 more points than Aho and 4 more points than Laine.
That's not the point. The point is Aho and Laine are both far better players than him. Do we drool on ourselves and say Chiasson is better than RNH for putting up 2 more goals this year?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
That's not the point. The point is Aho and Laine are both far better players than him. Do we drool on ourselves and say Chiasson is better than RNH for putting up 2 more goals this year?

It's a moot point.

We're talking about a tournament that was 3 years ago, not how the players are now. You said Jesse was carried in that tournament, which is false. He was very good in it. He outscored the other two players by a significant margin over 7 games.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Considering Aho is from the 2015 class, probably pretty pissed.

My mistake, I'm sure you got what I meant though. Every year there are players who outplay and underplay compared to where they were drafted. Outside of being able to see the future, nobody can predict what a player will do next year for certain.

I'm so tired of people pretending they're smarter than the scouts because they can look at the draft 3 years later and call someone a bust.

Reactions: TB12

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
on another note, does tsn always say their games are going to start 1/2 hour before they do?

I haven't tuned in for the wjc in a while, but I rushed to get all my post new years crap done today, only to watch a pre game show for a half an hour.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
People are pining for Ty Smith? He was considered the worst case scenario by most of HFOil entering the draft. One of Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, or Hughes was the desire, and everyone was elated when two of them fell to 10th.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I haven’t been impressed with any of Canada’s defenseman.. not just Bouchard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad