THE All Encompassing Jim Benning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If you think that's a good return for the best C available and best trade chip the Canucks have had in years then Im glad you have low expectations. It wasn't enough, The 10th or atleast a good prospect should've been included.
They have up very little of value to make their team a lot better.

Legit 1/2 C on a great contract & legit top 4 40 point D on a great contract for zero top picks, zero top prospects a kind of half a good roster player, and a throw away defenseman Anaheim didn't even want.

Oh and dorsett who I cannot believe couldn't be been had for a 4th/5th.

Do they go for that much when the GM literally only has 2 teams to work one, one of which is right up against the cap?

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
JB didn't get full value for the trades today, I fully agree. However, he's not afraid to send a guy packing if he doesn't want to be part of the team. Also, cleaning up some of the Gillis dead weight (I like Garry, but he was getting walked around almost every shift last yr @ 4.6M).

Who cares how he comes across in the media. I'm a fan so far.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
i hate this argument, could be applied to any trade return and pretty much neuters any critique

Plus I never saw this used for previous deals like the Schneider and Luongo trades. Funny how it pops up now...

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It was the best possible return though, considering Benning's hands were tied being able to trade with just 2 teams, not many options there to get the deal you want.

Do they go for that much when the GM literally only has 2 teams to work one, one of which is right up against the cap?
Steve yzerman seems to just fine.

I can't wait to see the spezza return, can't wait.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Pretty happy with Benning's first big test. If Gillis was still in charge, Kesler would have stayed a Canuck, would have been a miserable distraction all year, and then would have been traded at the 2015 draft for the rights to Corey Schneider, who would have signed elsewhere on July 1st.

So far, I think the new regime is a breath of fresh air. We'll see how it goes.

gonna say id prefer this fantasy

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Steve yzerman seems to just fine.

I can't wait to see the spezza return, can't wait.

Referring to the St. Louis deal I assume, well some people are saying it wasn't that good of a deal, anyhow, maybe the Rangers had more assets, plus it's the Rangers, they are usually willing to overpay in a trade to get the guy they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad