Speculation: The All Encompassing Edmonton Oilers Thread

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers are falling and hard. There are serious flaws on the team. This is a trade for the ages and should actually help Oilers compete and also financially help the Stars(merchandise sale + more eyes on the team and sponsors) and grow the game quite a bit in Texas. Here it comes:

Stars get:

- McDavid 12.5M UFA 2026 (agrees to trade)

- Bouchard 3.9M RFA 2025

Oilers get

- Hintz 8.45M UFA 2031

- Heiskanen 8.45M UFA 2029

Stars get the best player in the game and a promising D. Oilers get a defensively sound 1C + a Top5-Top10 D, both on longterm contracts. Oilers lineup after trade:

Kane - Hintz - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Foegele
Holloway - RNH - Gagner
Lavoie - Hamblin - Ryan

Nurse - Heiskanen
Ekholm - Ceci
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner
X

Who makes the trade?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
McDavids contract doesn't run long enough anymore for this to be even remotely considerable . Not to mention trading Heiskanen leaves way too big a hole.

Also if the Oilers trade McDavid i would assume they get killed by the hockey press. No way thats ever happening until last year of his contract and he openly states he's leaving

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Dallas would ofcourse be the cup-favourite this year, but it would make Oilers better for the long run. Dallas:

Robertson - McDavid - Pavs
Benn - Johnston - Daddy
Marchment - Duchene - Seguin
Steel - Faksa - Smith

Suter - Bouchard
Lindell - Hakanpää
Harley - Lundqvist

Oettinger
Wedgewood

McDavids contract doesn't run long enough anymore for this to be even remotely considerable . Not to mention trading Heiskanen leaves way too big a hole.

Also if the Oilers trade McDavid i would assume they get killed by the hockey press. No way thats ever happening until last year of his contract and he openly states he's leaving
I agree the lenght of contracts would make this hard for Dallas, but if McDavid would be longterm signed Oilers would never make the trade. This would quite easily make Stars this years favourite but favors Oilers longterm.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dallas would ofcourse be the cup-favourite this year, but it would make Oilers better for the long run. Dallas:

Benn - Johnston - Daddy
Steel - Faksa - Smith

Suter - Bouchard
Lindell - Hakanpää
Harley - Lundqvist

Oettinger
Wedgewood

The defense with Heiskanen is already kind shaky . Without him idk. This would has a big chance to completely sink the team

Benn - Johnston - Daddy
Steel - Faksa - Smith

Suter - Bouchard
Lindell - Hakanpää
Harley - Lundqvist

Oettinger
Wedgewood

I agree the lenght of contracts would make this hard for Dallas, but if McDavid would be longterm signed Oilers would never make the trade. This would quite easily make Stars this years favourite but favors Oilers longterm.

I don't think you even can sign McDavid to another deal for another year and something.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers are falling and hard. There are serious flaws on the team. This is a trade for the ages and should actually help Oilers compete and also financially help the Stars(merchandise sale + more eyes on the team and sponsors) and grow the game quite a bit in Texas. Here it comes:

Stars get:

- McDavid 12.5M UFA 2026 (agrees to trade)

- Bouchard 3.9M RFA 2025

Oilers get

- Hintz 8.45M UFA 2031

- Heiskanen 8.45M UFA 2029

Stars get the best player in the game and a promising D. Oilers get a defensively sound 1C + a Top5-Top10 D, both on longterm contracts. Oilers lineup after trade:

Kane - Hintz - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Foegele
Holloway - RNH - Gagner
Lavoie - Hamblin - Ryan

Nurse - Heiskanen
Ekholm - Ceci
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner
X

Who makes the trade?
Bouchard a promising D??? Have you watched Bouchard play

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Benn - Johnston - Daddy
Steel - Faksa - Smith

Suter - Bouchard
Lindell - Hakanpää
Harley - Lundqvist

Oettinger
Wedgewood

Dallas would be the Oilers after trading Heiskanen.

That blueline would be abysmal and in no way would Dallas be a favourite for the Cup

C’moon now Suter- Bouchard would make for a decent 3rd pair…

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
This is a hard pass. Heiskanen is a no go. As much as I would love mcdavid in Dallas this would not make them a cup contending team. Dallas needs Miro’s defense. I can’t see a team giving up players like this for mcdavid. If the oilers trade him (which would be insane unless he demands it) it will be a rebuild package.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
actually a decent offer for 97....dont think stars would do it but would balance the oil out

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Dallas would only make a trade of this magnitude if they're absolutely convinced Bichsel is a future all-star.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
If Oilers ever trade McDavid it will vault then straight into a rebuild. He would go for the premium package of draft picks and prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad