Post-Game Talk: The All Encompassing Dan Carcillo Hate Thread. Jets win 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jets are a strong team, but that would be a big blow.

Chevy might be forced into a FA signing or trade.

Lets hope its not serious (hope and hope)

Dustin Penner is still unsigned and would probably sign a 1 year 1M deal to get back in the show.

He's one of the most up and down guys I've ever followed. He's not known as a great teammate but I doubt he has enough influence to ruin the Jets dressing room vibe.

Maybe Buff can teach him how to get the most out of his size and skill set. Buff seems to have figured that out finally. Could be an interesting possibility given that his game (when it's on) fits the philosophy of our Jets.

Reminder: Penner is from Manitoba which can be fun for the media and fans.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Sheifele - Frolik
Penner - Lowry - Halischuk (I'd try Kilngberg here)
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso/Galiardi

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Carcillo: “Just kind of a hockey play at the end of a shift".

:shakehead

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Jets/Hawks in Winnipeg is 8 games away -- so Carcillo might have a welcome wagon [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
There is no chance Penner is anywhere close to in shape to play an NHL game anytime soon.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Carcillo: “Just kind of a hockey play at the end of a shift".

:shakehead

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Jets/Hawks in Winnipeg is 8 games away -- so Carcillo might have a welcome wagon [mod]

He might still be serving his suspension

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Chicago Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo has been offered in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety for his cross-check on Winnipeg Jets forward Mathieu Perreault.

100 games:sarcasm:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Penner had the amazing luck to play really well in a contract year. He pulled it off twice with LA and Oilers from what I remember...going on a good run right before signing a big deal, when he was never that good.

Dustin Penner is still unsigned and would probably sign a 1 year 1M deal to get back in the show.

He's one of the most up and down guys I've ever followed. He's not known as a great teammate but I doubt he has enough influence to ruin the Jets dressing room vibe.

Maybe Buff can teach him how to get the most out of his size and skill set. Buff seems to have figured that out finally. Could be an interesting possibility given that his game (when it's on) fits the philosophy of our Jets.

Reminder: Penner is from Manitoba which can be fun for the media and fans.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Sheifele - Frolik
Penner - Lowry - Halischuk (I'd try Kilngberg here)
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso/Galiardi

Derfel*

Chicago Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo has been offered in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety for his cross-check on Winnipeg Jets forward Mathieu Perreault.

100 games:sarcasm:

Well I'll be - I never thought Carcillo would get suspended. I mean, he *may* still only get a fine. But an in-person usually means 5+ games.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
There is no chance Penner is anywhere close to in shape to play an NHL game anytime soon.

This.

He was never even in shape when he played.

I think he's keeping busy eating pancakes and chasing tail in California.

Derfel*

Penner had the amazing luck to play really well in a contract year. He pulled it off twice with LA and Oilers from what I remember...going on a good run right before signing a big deal, when he was never that good.

I'd invite him out to a few skates, see what shape he's in - if he can play 4th line minutes, sign him for $895k/year for 1.5 years for the playoff depth.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Heh thanks everyone for hearing out all my hockey stories today. Was oddly sentimental today and it was nice to reminisce with my new hockey crowd.

Plus, a big fat "good news, everyone!" regarding Carcillo being offered an in-person hearing. I await with baited breath hearing about the outcome of this hearing with the Department of Player Safety.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
If the league automatically goes with a telephone-only interview, they can only hand out a 5 or 6 game suspension. The league must offer an in-person hearing to even think about a longer suspension. Carcillo can decline the offer, and go for a phone interview. But the fact that the league has offered an in-person hearing opens the door to a longer suspension, even if the player declines. This means that the league is thinking that it might hand out a longer suspension.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Throw the book at this guy. Seriously. Based on his comments give him a minimum of ten games. He shows no remorse in his comments. I've heard of players apologizing for their act and even getting a message through to the injured player that they are sorry for what they did. Carcillo did none of these and said it was a 'hockey play', Unbelievable garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad