Post-Game Talk: The All Encompassing Dan Carcillo Hate Thread. Jets win 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Need to bring it against Phoenix.

We need to show those desert Dogs a cold Winnipeg welcome and a heavy dose of Dustin Buff bone crunching hits........... BTW ........ We need a pre game thread. Dogs verses Jets 30 plus hrs away.....

Also the Dogs play Minny 2 night I hope they exhaust themselves beating up on the Wild

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Great story. My dad was a yeller too. As a little kid I first got into hockey just as the WHA started up. I've grown up with only one possible team to cheer for if you expected to eat meals and keep a roof over your head. Jets and only the Jets in my family.

Our immediately family moved to Calgary during 1980, and I spent many years there before returning home in 2006. And while my mom and dad and sister took to cheering for their new home team, I never did. So, the rules were simple: When Winnipeg and Calgary played, you can go upstairs and watch the game in our room if you're going to cheer for Winnipeg. That's fine. Watching them play alone on some little 12" TV, while everyone else watched it on the proper sized TV downstairs wasn't worth my loyalty.

Nothing beat walking downstairs as Jets 1.0 were on the verge of a victory and trolling everyone else by stepping down to the top of the stairs and hearing "Jesus Charles you better not say a ******* word!". And I wouldn't have to. I'd just sit at the top of the steps and smile. Oh man.

I will say this about them though, they still remain loyal to the Flames. At the wake on the day after my Dad's funeral, about 1/3rd of the people were wearing hockey jerseys. As was I -- my Jets jersey, of course. One last time to troll the old man.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not sure it says much, they are flying home tonight so where else was he gonna be? I guess if it was real bad he could have gone to the hospital.

If it was broken he would be at the hospital, not sitting in the dressing room. If he went and got it treated and had some kind of cast etc. on it someone would have reported on it.

He's not just going to sit in the dressing room with a broken arm and wait to fly home for treatment :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
To comment on that Bogo-Toby pair. I'm not gonna say one is playing better then the other, but Bogosian has been timing his pinches perfectly lately and it's great for us. Bogo has been bringing the offense while Toby brings the steady play in our own zone. The pairing is playing very well and those two are a big reason we're on role now. So refreshing to have them back and have no worries when they're on the ice. :yo:

Yeah, and Chairot had a pretty dam good game. :yo:

Yeah... I'm still having a hard time hoping that they beat WC teams. Though, since they are practically out of it, I really hope they can beat WC teams and end up picking at #14.

As boys who have been watching this franchise allot longer than most of us how does this run compare to other runs over the years?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Our immediately family moved to Calgary during 1980, and I spent many years there before returning home in 2006. And while my mom and dad and sister took to cheering for their new home team, I never did. So, the rules were simple: When Winnipeg and Calgary played, you can go upstairs and watch the game in our room if you're going to cheer for Winnipeg. That's fine. Watching them play alone on some little 12" TV, while everyone else watched it on the proper sized TV downstairs wasn't worth my loyalty.

Nothing beat walking downstairs as Jets 1.0 were on the verge of a victory and trolling everyone else by stepping down to the top of the stairs and hearing "Jesus Charles you better not say a ******* word!". And I wouldn't have to. I'd just sit at the top of the steps and smile. Oh man.

I will say this about them though, they still remain loyal to the Flames. At the wake on the day after my Dad's funeral, about 1/3rd of the people were wearing hockey jerseys. As was I -- my Jets jersey, of course. One last time to troll the old man.

Great stories today AlphaLackey!!!!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sums up my feelings about this game, except I thought both Harrison and Chiarot played their best games as Jets. Is it just me, or does Harrison seem a lot more effective when he's on the left side? Several instances last night Harrison was defending the left side because Stuart was behind the net or trying to box somebody out, and he just seems to make better passes or chips from that side.

If anybody wonders about Evander Kane's importance to this team, last night was a great illustration of it. That guy just never, ever, lets up. If the Jets were up 10-0 in the dying minutes, he'd still be drilling somebody into the boards and trying to score a goal. When he's in the line-up it seems like the rest of his team guts it out just a little bit more.

I also thought Halischuk had a great game - he hustles like Kane, but with about 80% of Kane's size and strength.

5th in the conference and 11th overall - I think the Jets have posted notice that this year it's for real. There's no way in /Hades that the previous three year's versions of this team would've found a way to win the last two games - they'd have folded and Noel would have been complaining about nobody buying in.

No, it's not just you. I've said many times that playing your off side is hard for many defensemen, but people don't seem to believe it. (mostly forwards, I'd bet :laugh:)

Some guys truly don't mind but I think many guys just feel 'off' playing the other side and that is enough in the NHL to make a big difference against the incredible talent in the league.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I appreciate your optimism, even if I don't share it. The odds suggest that neither of the above players will be on the Jets roster next season.

The 'odds' (since we are making them up) suggest that Burmistrov will be a Jet next year.

No KHL contract. Russia in shambles. Player has expressed on several occasions he wants to be in the NHL. Maurice having talked with the player and having a bond with Russian hockey. Jets having players rights for several more years.

Burmistrov has little value in the NHL right now. The smart thing for the Jets to do is sign him, play him and, if he doesn't fit, trade him when his value rises.

That's what MY odds say.

Aaaaaaannnyways... I don't hate the Hawks. I just can't. I love the makeup of their team. I will always respect them for what they did to the CaSucks. Players like JT, Hossa (isn't he still amazing), Seabrook, Pizza man, Kjallmarsson (sp). I don't like them, but I respect them.

Also, isn't it funny how many people (around here and elsewhere) are suddenly Jets fans? :laugh: Been noticing it more and more.

That's a great indicator of success: when the fairweathers arrive :yo:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
As boys who have been watching this franchise allot longer than most of us how does this run compare to other runs over the years?

Nothing like I've seen before. Even the year we made the playoffs, we were very top heavy, and had a great goalie.

This year, we are a team. Our weaknesses are (when healthy) a bad fourth line.

Aaaaaaannnyways... I don't hate the Hawks. I just can't. I love the makeup of their team. I will always respect them for what they did to the CaSucks. Players like JT, Hossa (isn't he still amazing), Seabrook, Pizza man, Kjallmarsson (sp). I don't like them, but I respect them.

Also, isn't it funny how many people (around here and elsewhere) are suddenly Jets fans? :laugh: Been noticing it more and more.

That's a great indicator of success: when the fairweathers arrive :yo:

What the hell is a Kjallmar?:p:

Hjalmar, on the other hand, is a fairly common Swedish name!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Nothing like I've seen before. Even the year we made the playoffs, we were very top heavy, and had a great goalie.

Shut up, Hromang!

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Great news! Nice timing with the all-star break coming up; will minimize actual games missed.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The best news would've been that he wouldn't miss any games at all but considering how it looked I suppose it's good news....now how many games will Carcillo miss is the question

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

The name Hjalmar reminds me of an old horror classic "The Black Cat", where Boris Karloff (Frankenstein) plays a character named Hjalmar. He's Austrian in the movie though. Skins people alive, if I remember correctly.

One would think the lack of punishment for Carcillo is related to Perreault's apparent minor injury. He still deserves something, though. Fine him at least.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
The best news would've been that he wouldn't miss any games at all but considering how it looked I suppose it's good news....now how many games will Carcillo miss is the question

The fact that his arm isn't broken will likely limit the amount of games, if any, he gets.

Hoping for something like 4-5 games due to the repeat offender status, but wont be surprised anymore if he gets 0.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
I hope the Leafs beat every western conference team for the rest of the season but lose to every eastern conference team for the rest of the season, that would be nice in my opinion

This except for Edmonton and Arizona because well :laugh:

And for the record I HATE the Leafs too.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
You know what I think is quite funny?

Every time a "underdog"-team makes some noise around the league, you can see the threads about it popping up like crazy on the main board. I haven't seen ONE single thread about the Jets à la "Are the Jets for real?", "Can Winnipeg maintain their numbers?" etc... not even one!

To me, this is means two things:

1. Nobody around HFJets wants to jinx it with a thread like that or wants to be braggin around.

2. Nobody outside of HFJets actually gives a damn about the Jets :laugh:. ... not even if they are successful over a longer period of time and actually are about to make the playoffs.

I mean, after like 10 games there were already threads popping up about the Flames being for real? Or the Avs being the disappointment of the season already after last year. Speaking of the Avs, last year the main board went lunatic because of the Avs unlikely success.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
The two players I'm really hoping the Jets take a look at near the deadline are Shawn Matthias and Michael Grabner.

I think Grabner would be the perfect fit with Kane and Lowry as a 3rd line RW and Matthias would be an excellent 4th line centre, especially if he played with Halischuk and Galiardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad