The all encompassing Blanking and Moaning thread.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's funny that in a Blanking, Moaning, and Whinging thread, I agree with you, Fuhr. I'd have expected to see you burning Murray in effigy. Yet here are making balanced critical statements of our top 2 centres.

Turris is going to have to produce under heaver defensive coverage. He's developed a bit of poise compared to the fly-weight who would fall every time he was stick-checked.

He and Zibanejad are threats off the rush. I don't think I've seen either of them really QB a PP. Maybe the loss of Spezza will just make the PP rely on Karlsson more. Weircioch would thrive in that role too, it would be a shame to move him now.

Well, the kids have to take the next step sooner or later. Can't insulate them forever.

Hell, look at Colorado and their youngsters. Their core guys are pretty much the same as ours (overall). And they're in a tougher conference.

I really have a good feeling about Zibby next year. He looked amazing this season in those few games where he had more ice time and some quality minutes on the PP.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
For what it's worth, because of Spezza's struggles this past year, we pretty much opperated with a 1a 1b situation, so the jump shouldn't be too bad. Also worth mentioning is that Turris did act as the defacto #1 in the lockout year, and put up a 50 pts pace (with no Karlsson and less depth at center).

The reason why it wasn't so bad was because we still had Spezza to draw a significant amount of attention from opposing top defenders (equal to the Turris line), even with scrubs playing on his line (until Hemsky arrived).

Now you're going to be slotting Zibanejad into that position of playing with scrubs, and if he can't establish himself as a similar threat level, then a lot more focus from top defenders will be put upon the Turris line, and it's no longer a 1a/1b scenario, you just have a 1 scenario with a 1b center anchoring it - not ideal.

I'm confident he'll crack 50 points, but we're looking at a long shot at making the playoffs if our number 1 center only cracks the 50 point mark. As I mentioned in my post though, I think he'll need to be given a more offensive role, but then that leaves a hole in terms of who plays a shutdown role on this team.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Senators Chiasson Spezza out of Ottawa:sarcasm:

Also we need to start up our slogan for the upcoming season to try and keep positive...so far i have Save it for McDavid...or perhaps considering our owner....Saving for McDavid, also Play like crap for Jack,anyone else have any others?

I had "Dishonour for Connor".

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
So I re watched Moneyball last night and couldn't believe I missed this scene before.

pat.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Right....This is a good start:

All is fine man, I will try to be less incisive and find a new way to get my message across. I'm just trying to temper things down and get the overall mood even keeled but maybe I get frustrated with the obstination of some people and get caught in the "emotion". But my intentions are not to attack people personally. I challenge their hockey opinions though and if they want to bash players/coaches/managers, I take exception with that as players are also normal people and are not here to defend themselves. If I was a pro hockey player, I would not be perfect as well and I hate this idea that I would be disrespected and free bashed as much. Of course we can say "no problem, they make a lot of money anyway". Personally, I think that money doesn't change everything. Being respected and appreciated for what you are is more important

Anyway, those types of behaviour makes for a pretty stupid society IMO, a bit like in riots : the more people involved, more primitive the behaviour becomes. I was there for the riots in Montreal after a playoffs series against Boston and it wasn't pretty. Also been in a few others. I see this "free bashing" as a bit the same, in a different way of course but internet still is a big problem. Anonymity makes it a bit unbearable.

Is this opinion totally intolerable for here? Because in my views, I don't see why it would. I'm basically complaining about whining/crying/bashing/scapegoating in general as it comes far too easy. I wish people were just more critical instead of just whining for the sake of whining. If they find me not diplomatic enough, what can we say about their narrative then? Because they are talking about people who are not here? What if they read? That's not considered personal attacks? That's where I think we have it wrong. You can't call out another poster but can certainly fuel your anger against people who are "not supposed to be reading"...

Finally, I think bashing is actually a trend in society, particularly on the internet. You can go read about anything and you will find many comments like "it sucks", "it's garbage", "ugly ****", etc. What does that even means? For example if it is about music, does it mean the "heavy critiques" would likely do a better song? I don't get that mentality and this sense of "my opinion is really worth a lot"...

/OT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad