The all encompassing Blanking and Moaning thread.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
Ticket Renewal

I am furious. I decidied to renew my tickets in April and keep my hopes up for this team. It costs me $1800, and ill be honest I am P*ssed off.

I have already paid 2/3's of the costs now. What options do I have? Do I just cancel my credit card for the 3rd payment, and ask for fewer games? I am sure I could get these same tickets on Stubhub at 50% off next year.

I hate to quit on th team, but I will not continue to support an owner who isnt supporting the team.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Can't help you with the logistics side of things, but I can't say I blame you. I didn't go to a game last year, and I don't think I will this year, either. If Skinflint Euge is going to destroy the team like this then I'm not giving him my money.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
No one really cares, do what ever you want. I said it before, the reaction was exactly the same when Yashin was traded, the gnashing of teeth went on for months. Chiasson is much better than Muckalt and 90% of the posters didn't know who Chara was. Relax! I will go on a limb and say this team makes the playoffs or is very, very close.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Call your ticket rep and see what options there are. Come back and share, I'm sure there are many who are in a similar situation. I didn't renew because I wanted to see what happened in the offseason. Glad I did, because I'm now fully boycotting going to any games this next season and maybe beyond.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If the team turns out awesome you will regret this

If you're already paid most of it just tough it out and, if things don't work out this year then don't renew

The team is going to be very different from last year, let's not give up before seeing what they can do

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
lol right now we are pathetic.

luckily i cancelled after the lock out season.

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
Completely agree and understand.

I'm not going to games anymore. Karlsson is great, but like you, I'm not putting down a dime for a team who's owner won't spend.

This is the worst I have felt about the team since Alfie left and on paper this is the worst team we have ever put on the ice.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
I've paid in full and was told that there is no process for a refund but to be patient and wait til the draft and free agency. Needless to say I'll be calling this week to talk to some higher ups to see what can be done.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Call your ticket rep and see what options there are. Come back and share, I'm sure there are many who are in a similar situation. I didn't renew because I wanted to see what happened in the offseason. Glad I did, because I'm now fully boycotting going to any games this next season and maybe beyond.
I didn't renew partially because I may have to move for work , but I'd like to think fans of a team will wait till a game is played before writing off a team for a whole year and maybe beyond

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
No one really cares, do what ever you want. I said it before, the reaction was exactly the same when Yashin was traded, the gnashing of teeth went on for months. Chiasson is much better than Muckalt and 90% of the posters didn't know who Chara was. Relax! I will go on a limb and say this team makes the playoffs or is very, very close.
I don't think it's because Spezza was traded. I think it's because we've done jack all to improve the team afterwards while were sitting with $20-odd million in cap space because our cheapskate owner won't spend. This is a very different situation to when Yashin was traded. This is about the organisation's philosophy and approach to "competing".

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I don't think it's because Spezza was traded. I think it's because we've done jack all to improve the team afterwards while were sitting with $20-odd million in cap space because our cheapskate owner won't spend. This is a very different situation to when Yashin was traded. This is about the organisation's philosophy and approach to "competing".

I don't think it is. I think it's about winning the twitter and internet wars these days. The warriors want instant gratification and if it's not there, hoo boy. It doesn't seem to be about the hockey anymore.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Adding to this.

Right now the Senators are sitting at #27 in the league in salary for next season, and the three teams below us (Columbus, Calgary and NY Islanders) all have incomplete rosters.

It's not even about spending to the cap, it's about actually having some commitment to winning.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I didn't renew partially because I may have to move for work , but I'd like to think fans of a team will wait till a game is played before writing off a team for a whole year and maybe beyond

Well, you don't get to wait till game 2 to renew your season tickets.

For me, it's completely unacceptable to let 2 captains walk away from the team in back to back offseasons. Not just captain's but the two most important players in the history of the franchise. It was handled poorly and far too public. It's a serious black mark on this organization how those two were treated in their final days.

On top of that, we're crying poor while paying useless players like Greening and Phillips big money. Traded for Hemsky when we were all but eliminated from the playoffs only to insult him with our contract offers. There's no direction with this team. I've lost all my confidence in the front office. Can't support this gong show with my money anymore and that saddens me. I love this team.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I love how we think 2.5 million is "big money".

The direction is obvious and has been for a long while: build from within. Not sure why anything that's happened today changes that dramatically. We're not ready to go bananas just yet.

If Spezza and Alfie don't want to wait, fine, that's understandable, given their respective ages.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Good riddance one and all. You are all more than welcome to purchase tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters, at least you know they win so you will always get your money's worth.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You can just watch the exact same thing on tv or online for a fraction of the price/effort/commitment.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I love how we think 2.5 million is "big money".

The direction is obvious and has been for a long while: build from within. Not sure why anything that's happened today changes that dramatically. We're not ready to go bananas just yet.

If Spezza and Alfie don't want to wait, fine, that's understandable, given their respective ages.

2.5M is pretty significant when it's for a player that can be replaced from within. Like you said, we're building from within. How are we supposed to do that by letting these guys play past their best before date.

simplefan

May 25, 2008
Let's be real for a second

We didn't need Spezza. And I'm serious. Our offensive game was all fine and better than years before.

Spezza didn't fit the high tempo, puck possession, defensively responsible system. He always seemed behind and real offense came through the execution of the system in which the MTR line thrived in.

Turris played really good and was effective in a 1a role.
Ziba has the potential of being somewhere between Spezza and Turris.
So we're good.

We traded Spezza for a young developing Top 6 F, an interesting prospect who can hopefully put it together and be a solid Top 2 line winger and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft.

We're OK and I expect this team to be better than last year because it will be a team committed to the system.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree with most of what you posted ,but we still need one more forward ,and above all else contract extensions for our ufa,s like Ryan and mac :nod:

The Fuhr*

Sens have four forwards who have hit 40 points in their career at least once and a defense that gave up 261 goals this past season

Awesome

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
2.5M is pretty significant when it's for a player that can be replaced from within. Like you said, we're building from within. How are we supposed to do that by letting these guys play past their best before date.

It's more of a balancing act though isn't it?

Completely flushing the vets (and whether they are passed their best before dates is debatable IMO) and relying on the Boro's, Weir's and Hoffman's of the world before they're ready is just as unwise as dropping ridiculous money and term on a Benoit Pouliot.

The phasing out has come very gradually, as it should, and the most high profile veteran names to leave forced the organizations hand ie. losing them was not part of the plan. As I said, their choice.

Some fans are going to have a similar opinion as those two and stop supporting the team, I get it. I don't agree.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Very good possibility the sens finish last in the east next season. I really don't think it would be a bad thing, they could be getting a true franchise player. The organization is currently a disaster, players don't want to be here. The only thing to do at this point is reset. Ryan does not want to be here either trade him too lets get mcdavid.

Sens have four forwards who have hit 40 points in their career at least once and a defense that gave up 261 goals this past season

Awesome

Exactly.

The D core is hilariously bad. They really only have 2 d men that would dress on a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad