The Airing of Grievances

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Vanek and his 1 year $2.6 million contract blocks nothing except a short term spot for a prospect until someone is eventually hurt or outplayed to begin the season. He has the 14th highest cap hit on the team making a little more than Riley Sheahan on a RFA deal.

He has 50+ point potential still, taking a flier on a cheap player with something to prove is far from disgusting. Giving a role player who can't produce with Pavel ****ing Datysuk 5 years is pretty disgusting though. If Helm is somehow in the top 6 in lieu of Nyquist or Tatar I'm going to scissor kick a baby seal in the face.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He could bring a roster spot and cap relief to begin next season!

referring to LTIR?

Vanek and his 1 year $2.6 million contract blocks nothing except a short term spot for a prospect until someone is eventually hurt or outplayed to begin the season. He has the 14th highest cap hit on the team making a little more than Riley Sheahan on a RFA deal.

He has 50+ point potential still, taking a flier on a cheap player with something to prove is far from disgusting. Giving a role player who can't produce with Pavel ****ing Datysuk 5 years is pretty disgusting though. If Helm is somehow in the top 6 in lieu of Nyquist or Tatar I'm going to scissor kick a baby seal in the face.

yeah, the Vanek deal isn't bad. It's the sort of deal, if we're going to bury the kids in GR, that I'd rather see than Helm's deal. Bring in vets to bulk up to stay in playoff contention, but don't throw five year commitments at them - especially if they don't have any sort of history of putting the puck in the net and don't really give us a deal on the salary part in return for the term. I still wish we had room for Hudler instead, or maybe a flier on Pirri. Offense was tougher to come by in the NHL in general last year as teams seem to be building war chests around defensive players and stifling systems. I'm not sure that's an arms race we can win, so maybe we should be trying to change the conditions of battles being fought.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Just seems like every year we rely on some aged veteran to come in and save us. Last year was Brad Richards, year before Alfie, Legwand before that. And it never turns out although Alfie was an okay move considering Z went down.

Hope Vanek can regain some old glory but hope is not really a strategy

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We traded for Legwand at the deadline due to injuries down the middle. Richards was hardly thought of as a savior.

Winger: yes I was referring to ltir, but I don't think he'll be on it next year, we'll see

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I mean if I have to do it.

**** you Holland for that awful ******* Helm contract. Should've just gave the ******* contract to Athanasiou. I mean, paying a bottom sixer $5 million a year is pure nonsense! Especially to a guy like Helm who's had mediocre years recently.

Not to pick too many nits, but $3.85m is a decent chunk less than $5m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad