Fantasy Sports: The 8th edition Flyers WJC fantasy draft - @FLYguy3911 wins I guess...

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Standings after day 1

We have a 3-way tie at the top after day one! @pit and @BigToe join myself on 11 points.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.pit11
1.Coffe 11
1.BIGTOE11
4.FLYguy3911 9
5.PALE PWNR7
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN5
7.GHOSTS BEER2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Please have a look to make sure I haven't missed any points. First day always has the highest risk before I've gotten familiar with the teams. Please let me know if the link below does not work for you.

Link to sheet: The official scoring sheet

Pavel Novak scored a goal for the Czechs, so I think I am missing 2 points for that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Pavel Novak scored a goal for the Czechs, so I think I am missing 2 points for that.

Indeed he did, which gives you 1 more point and sole possession fo the lead

(Updated) Standings after day 1

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.pit12
2.Coffe11
2.BIGTOE11
4.FLYguy39119
5.PALE PWNR7
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN5
7.GHOSTS BEER2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Indeed he did, which gives you 1 more point and sole possession fo the lead

(Updated) Standings after day 1

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.pit12
2.Coffe11
2.BIGTOE11
4.FLYguy39119
5.PALE PWNR7
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN5
7.GHOSTS BEER2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thanks, I was thinking goals were 2. Sorry about that and thanks for the fix. I expect this may be the only day I lead in this contest so I will savor it!

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Standings after day 2

A heroic effort from the first overall pick Jesper Wallstedt propels @FLYguy3911 into the lead after day two. Brad Lambert continues to be a force by scoring 5 points in two games which puts myself at 2nd, a point behind. @pit finds himself in 3rd, getting points from almost every pick so far. Could a well-rounded roster be the key for success?

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.FLYguy391117
2.Coffe16
2.pit14
4.BigToe13
5.PALE PWNR8
5.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN8
7.GHOSTS BEER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Standings after day 2

A heroic effort from the first overall pick Jesper Wallstedt propels @FLYguy3911 into the lead after day two. Brad Lambert continues to be a force by scoring 5 points in two games which puts myself at 2nd, a point behind. @pit finds himself in 3rd, getting points from almost every pick so far. Could a well-rounded roster be the key for success?

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.FLYguy391117
2.Coffe16
2.pit14
4.BigToe13
5.PALE PWNR8
5.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN8
7.GHOSTS BEER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This may be the worst performance one of my gangs of clowns has ever put in, which is really saying something.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
This may be the worst performance one of my gangs of clowns has ever put in, which is really saying something.
Sigh. My team sucks.

Thought your goalies would be the locks. I guess Askarov could still end up the no.1 but Finland seems to be treating their goalies like kids where everyone plays equally much. Guess that means Blomqvist gets the Czechs...

Speaking of goalies. For next year (given that the world hasn't ended) I was thinking about changing scoring for goaltenders and instead give points based on SVS%.
E.g.
1 point for >80%
2 points for >90%
3 points for shutout

Which would cap goalies at 3 points per game instead of 4, but also make increase the goalie pool I suspect. Sure, it's early on but this is the current top 5 in SVS%.

1BUGL Florian
2WALLSTEDT Jesper
3MERILAINEN Leevi
4BEDNAR Jan
5LATKOCZY Simon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Any thoughts?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Thought your goalies would be the locks. I guess Askarov could still end up the no.1 but Finland seems to be treating their goalies like kids where everyone plays equally much. Guess that means Blomqvist gets the Czechs...

Speaking of goalies. For next year (given that the world hasn't ended) I was thinking about changing scoring for goaltenders and instead give points based on SVS%.
E.g.
1 point for >80%
2 points for >90%
3 points for shutout

Which would cap goalies at 3 points per game instead of 4, but also make increase the goalie pool I suspect. Sure, it's early on but this is the current top 5 in SVS%.

1BUGL Florian
2WALLSTEDT Jesper
3MERILAINEN Leevi
4BEDNAR Jan
5LATKOCZY Simon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Any thoughts?

I'm down for anything that is different.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

E.g.
1 point for >80%
2 points for >90%
3 points for shutout

1BUGL Florian
2WALLSTEDT Jesper
3MERILAINEN Leevi
4BEDNAR Jan
5LATKOCZY Simon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Any thoughts?
I'm fine with any format. I just enjoy being invested in the WJC

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

E.g.
1 point for >80%
2 points for >90%
3 points for shutout

1BUGL Florian
2WALLSTEDT Jesper
3MERILAINEN Leevi
4BEDNAR Jan
5LATKOCZY Simon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Any thoughts?
Or scrap goalies all together and extend the skater pool. :D

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Goalies are tough. We necessarily begin the draft a couple weeks before the event, and it's hard enough to make accurate predictions about how WJC teams are going to deploy their forwards, let alone their goalies. I'm all for finding a way to tweak the goalie scoring, and including save percentage sounds like the best way to do that.

Reactions: Coffe

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
@FLYguy3911 can’t claim victory. All that work assembling his team. That’s the real travesty.

Well, he could but it would have the largest asterisk known to man attached to it.

Standings after day 3 (incl. the CAN-AUT game)

For academic purposes I tallied the score after the last game that was played in this tournament and if @FLYguy3911 wants to claim victorius he can do so, but the ticker tape parade has been cancelled due to Covid. Myself and @pit finish tied for the 1st loser spot. @BigToe places 4th with Matvei Michkov and Edvinsson as the key players. @Ghosts Beer sneaks into 5th after the final game thanks to some Canadian depth scoring. @Captain Dave Poulin had two of the few Canadians not scoring any points in the final game and @PALE PWNR went non-Canadian this year so he had no comeback to @Ghosts Beer attack from behind.

Thanks for playing this year! Lets hope for next year to be better.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.FLYguy391122
2.Coffe21
2.pit21
4.BigToe13
5.GHOSTS BEER9
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN8
6.PALE PWNR8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well, he could but it would have the largest asterisk known to man attached to it.

Standings after day 3 (incl. the CAN-AUT game)

For academic purposes I tallied the score after the last game that was played in this tournament and if @FLYguy3911 wants to claim victorius he can do so, but the ticker tape parade has been cancelled due to Covid. Myself and @pit finish tied for the 1st loser spot. @BigToe places 4th with Matvei Michkov and Edvinsson as the key players. @Ghosts Beer sneaks into 5th after the final game thanks to some Canadian depth scoring. @Captain Dave Poulin had two of the few Canadians not scoring any points in the final game and @PALE PWNR went non-Canadian this year so he had no comeback to @Ghosts Beer attack from behind.

Thanks for playing this year! Lets hope for next year to be better.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.FLYguy391122
2.Coffe21
2.pit21
4.BigToe13
5.GHOSTS BEER9
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN8
6.PALE PWNR8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I deliberately performed that way so you wouldn't have to spend too much time counting my points. You're welcome.

Reactions: Coffe

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I blame my tie for second instead of my tie for first squarely on the head of Desnoyers, who rung it off the post on a pass from Bedard at the end.

He will now have my eternal ire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad