GDT: The 2022 Trade Deadline | Two minutes to Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
motte is a 4th liner on a contender so I wasn’t expecting much but….that’s rough
He isn’t, I had this exact debate on twitter days ago.

“He’s not a third liner on a contender like Tampa, Colorado, Carolina for sure”

I was like, uh, really?

At the time, five days ago, the third line LWer for those teams were Martinook, Raddysh, and Jost and I namedropped all those guys.

Motte would have pushed all those guys down the depth chart. Raddysh and Jost got traded for upgrades within days.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
The price has significantly dropped now, I don't expect any high profile moves other than bottom six players being traded for mid round picks.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
He isn’t, I had this exact debate on twitter days ago.

“He’s not a third liner on a contender like Tampa, Colorado, Carolina for sure”

I was like, uh, really?

At the time, five days ago, the third line LWer for those teams were Martinook, Raddysh, and Jost and I namedropped all those guys.

Motte would have pushed all those guys down the depth chart. Raddysh and Jost got traded for upgrades within days.
No he would not
Jost got trade for cap reason
I will take Martinhook over motte
Raddysh as a packet for Hagel who’s a topn6 forward
Motte is a 4th liner nothing more, paying him more than 2m would be dumb

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Admittedly I thought taking Appleton would be a home run for Seattle.

That he was a prime candidate to do more, with a bigger opportunity.

Reactions: vanuck

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Admittedly I thought taking Appleton would be a home run for Seattle.

That he was a prime candidate to do more, with a bigger opportunity.

I never blame the coach entirely, but he was not getting those opportunities from what i could tell in Seattle. He got quite a few more opportunities in Winnipeg.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think there is a good chance Pittsburg, Colorado and St Louis are still trying to make some impact moves.
Nothing substantial has happened in the Metropolitan.

Leafs still need a goalie.

Bruins need offense.

Blues probably taking a few kicks the next 2-3 years.

I doubt calgary is done either. With Gaudreau’s pending UFA status, I don’t think it would be the worst idea for them to go all in.

So yeah, still plenty of buyers there..

Reactions: Wry n Ginger

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Tyson Jost is a worse player than Motte with a bigger cap hit. There’s a reason he was a cap dump.

Deslaurier got a 3rd and is not nearly as good as Motte. Jarnkrok is better but not significantly and he got a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th. Motte is a solid 3rd liner who would be pushed down a few lineups but not too many. He’s not done boat anchor.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
And Lauzon is straight-up bad lmao.

Winning trades is pretty easy. Just find the dumb GMs and phone them. Maybe Dorion will take Tyler Myers off Allvin's hands too?
I mean, I guess Lauzon is not a rental as has two more years after this.... but he sucks, so who gives af about that lol

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Patrick Johnson is pretty tuned in, so if he says the team is looking to move Tanner Pearson I expect that to happen.

I'll guess Pearson to LA for a 2nd & 5th, then they re-sign Motte for 3x2.5.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Patrick Johnson is pretty tuned in, so if he says the team is looking to move Tanner Pearson I expect that to happen.

I'll guess Pearson to LA for a 2nd & 5th, then they re-sign Motte for 3x2.5.
To Pit for Kapanen? Then let Kap walk after this year as a ufa. clears cap of Pearson for next year.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Garrett just said Miller’s scored the winner 6 of the canucks 11 OT wins since Miller’s been around. Teams are making a mistake not offering a decent package for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad