The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I'm not a fan of the number 3 and would like to cast my vote to jump to v4. :laugh:

You never played this then.....

557689-box2front.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
In his last 5gp, Connor Bedard has 10g and 6a for 16pts. 3.2ppg.

Yeah, that’s a small sample. But in his last 10gp he has 14g 12a 26pts.

He currently has 160 SOG in 28gp. That’s an AVERAGE of SIX shots PER game. Lol. Not a season high six shots in a game. But an average of six shots PER game. Hahaha

Pretty sure he’s going 1OV.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

He currently has 160 SOG in 28gp. That’s an AVERAGE of SIX shots PER game. Lol. Not a season high six shots in a game. But an average of six shots PER game. Hahaha

And with any luck (and a big F U to many around the league) he will go to the Coyotes.

rt

May 13, 2004
And with any luck (and a big F U to many around the league) he will go to the Coyotes.
Not all first overall picks are electric goal scoring talents. Some are like Owen Power. Some are like Nico Hischier. These aren’t bad picks. But they aren’t highlight reel goal scoring machines. Not all first overall picks are super entertaining, Jaw dropping offensive talents.

It would be so great to not only FINALLY win the first overall pick, but for the payoff not to be a big two-way D, or a solid, cerebral, playmaking center who has intangibles. But instead win the lottery where he payout is a ticket selling dream come true.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Not all first overall picks are electric goal scoring talents. Some are like Owen Power. Some are like Nico Hischier. These aren’t bad picks. But they aren’t highlight reel goal scoring machines. Not all first overall picks are super entertaining, Jaw dropping offensive talents.

It would be so great to not only FINALLY win the first overall pick, but for the payoff not to be a big two-way D, or a solid, cerebral, playmaking center who has intangibles. But instead win the lottery where he payout is a ticket selling dream come true.

Winning Bedard essentially keeps the team here in my mind. He's that good.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I have a spare ticket for Friday’s Patsgame.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
If we draft Nemec then maybe we combine Carolina and Colorado to move up for the center and then hopefully next year we get Bedard or Fantilli. We need to address our center position at some point. I hope I'm wrong for wanting Cooley, Savoie or even Geekie if we miss on Wright over Nemec.

rt

May 13, 2004
Wright seems to be responding well to the haters. Heating up big-time.

Glad that Wright is cementing his 1st overall status and glad that Cooley is cementing his 2nd overall status and glad that the Coyotes are apparently high on Nemec and have been active on him in Slovakia.

If we end up with Wright, Cooley and Nemec rated 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then finishing 32nd or even 31st overall should ensure we get a guy we have ranked in the top three.

rt

May 13, 2004
If we draft Nemec then maybe we combine Carolina and Colorado to move up for the center and then hopefully next year we get Bedard or Fantilli. We need to address our center position at some point. I hope I'm wrong for wanting Cooley, Savoie or even Geekie if we miss on Wright over Nemec.
If you check out the lottery odds, our chances of picking 2nd overall are pretty low, I think. Finishing 31st or 32nd means the most likely outcome is us picking 3rd or 4th. I’m okay with Nemec at 3rd or 4th.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
So according to HK Nitra manager, Arizona has shown the biggest interest in Simon Nemec so far.
Their is probably a Coyote scout at every major league game and even backyard pond rinks. I think BA hired every scout available. Leave no stone unturned for this draft.

rt

May 13, 2004
Wright seems to be responding well to the haters. Heating up big-time.

Glad that Wright is cementing his 1st overall status and glad that Cooley is cementing his 2nd overall status and glad that the Coyotes are apparently high on Nemec and have been active on him in Slovakia.

If we end up with Wright, Cooley and Nemec rated 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then finishing 32nd or even 31st overall should ensure we get a guy we have ranked in the top three.
As for centers, there are a bunch of intriguing ones in the range or our later two 1sts and our five early 2nds.

From Bob’s poll:

17-Kasper
20-Gaucher
26-McGroarty (probably W)
27-Hughes
30-Sapovaliv
31-Zhilkin (probably W)
32-Ingram
39-Beck
40-Kulich

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
As for centers, there are a bunch of intriguing ones in the range or our later two 1sts and our five early 2nds.

From Bob’s poll:

17-Kasper
20-Gaucher
26-McGroarty (probably W)
27-Hughes
30-Sapovaliv
31-Zhilkin (probably W)
32-Ingram
39-Beck
40-Kulich

Notable Others:
Bryce McConnell-Barker