Prospect Info: The 2022/2023 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Better? Or more impactful? Nobody expects Raty to score 30 goals (though, given his age that remains a possibility at least). Horvat has now been a #1/#2 centre on 2 teams because he can score and is good on the draw. Raty will likely top out as a 3C but could be a strong match-up guy and decent PKer. His smarts should allow him to do better at those aspects of the game than Horvat.
We'll see in a couple of years how each case translates to winning. Again it's not probable that Raty is the more impactful player but I think it's a deeper question than scoring and being good on draws.

As above, I highly doubt Raty becomes a high end 2C but, in terms of impact, he could be a really important piece.

The thing is, Horvat was never really limited defensively by his hockey smarts, it was always about his inability to move quickly enough to the places he should be. He learned a lot of bad habits here with the Canucks, being pressed into that role when he was clearly not equipped to handle it. His skating improved, but it was always still lacking badly in that first step and agility. He could get going pretty good on the attack and translated that to effectiveness as an offensive player...but that inability to quickly adjust and compensate defensively without the puck always just left him underwhelming as a "shutdown guy".

Raty is a significantly worse skater than Bo was at a similar point in his career, and Horvat's improvement in his skating was already a pretty rare feat.

Raty is closer to when people thought Hodgson was gonna be the responsible 2-way presence presumptive captain Toews equivalent and Schroeder was going to lead the offensive charge.

Just look around the league at truly effective #3Cs. How many of them can't skate? How much can Raty really improve that aspect of his game? Because if he can't...he's just gonna be another filler player. You can't be an effective checking line #3C if you can't skate in today's NHL. The guys who manage as just average skaters, do so by having an absolutely engulfing quality as a physical presence and absolutely top notch positional sense.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Take two ,

Tonight is the night Lockhart and Bloom play in game 4
Don't follow the OHL much, other than stats for the Canuck prospects. Is there a prohibitive favorite for a Memorial Cup berth......or is it basically 'wide-open' with the final four teams?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Don't follow the OHL much, other than stats for the Canuck prospects. Is there a prohibitive favorite for a Memorial Cup berth......or is it basically 'wide-open' with the final four teams?

Right now I have a good feeling whomever wins the east will win the OHL .

North Bay has a lot of fire power and a really good defensive system that can shut down other teams top lines like they did last night to even the series with the Petes by annihilating them 6-2

the Pete’s simply have so much offense and are ok on defense but they can outscore almost any team on a nightly basis with the amount of offense they have up front .

In he West both London and Sarnia have very good teams but I feel whomever wins the east will be the OHL Champions . PS the Knights pretty much have a competitive team every year and to me may have the best junior hockey program with the amount of players who have successful NHL careers out of that system . The Hunters know how to find talent .

Reactions: Lindgren

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
The Pete’s are trying to force a game 7 today as they trail the series 3-2 to North Bay

2-0 Petes in this game so far with 1 minutes remaining in the 1st

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Petes win it in overtime and force game 7 with a 4-3 win.

Lockhart with an assist, Bloom with the SH goal.

game 7 tomorrow

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Winner takes all tonight and will go on to face the two time Memorial Cup Champion London Knights in the battle for the OHL Championship

It’s Josh Bloom and the North Bay Battalion vs Connor Lockhart and the Peterborough Petes tonight at 4pm Pacific time

I will have full coverage of the game right here on HFBoards Canucks

It’s been a pleasure covering both of these kids , even tho Blooms time as an OHL prospect in our system was short lived but great trade by Allvin to get him in here and beef up our prospect depth as Bloom absolutely has a shot to be a top 9 player for the Canucks in the future and reminds me a lot of Nick Paul.

This could be it for Lockhart , the guy could go unsigned or he could get an ELC or a player tryout I really don’t know it’s hard to tell what Allvin and Harvey will decide to do with him . Either way it was a pleasure covering him this season and I hope it’s the Petes who take it all

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
1-0 Battalion after 1.

And it’s Josh Bloom , Niagara was the better team in the first period by a wide margin .

The Petes need to execute better

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Early in the 2nd period and the Petes have scored two quick goals from Montreal prospect Own Beck and New York Rangers prospect Brennan Othmann and the Petes take the 2-1 lead

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
It all comes down to this , There will be some heart break , and there will be some celebrations , some junior careers will end , and the rest will go and and compete for the Memorial Cup

3rd period is underway

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
JR Avon gives the Petes the lead right back ! It’s 3-2
Bloom picked up a minus on the goal, which is rare. I believe he's been on the ice for hardly any even-strength goals against throughout the playoffs.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Connnorrr Lockhart and the Petessssss

Have Donnnnne It they have donnnne ittt

THEy Are your 2023 Eastern Conference Champions and will face the London Knights in the OHL Final

They win it 3-2!!!!

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Tonight is game won between Connor Lockhart and the 2023 Eastern Conference Champion Peterborough Petes, vs The Champions from the West the London Knights .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad