NFL: The 2021 NFL Season: News, Notes, and Other Stupid Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
In case you didn't notice I live in Fargo. I knew who this guy was before you did, I promise. He's nothing special. That selection was a huge guess.
You could live in his presence all you want, but the guys who see him everyday right now have seen guys for years and say things they haven’t about Lance. No one was ever this hyped with Alex Smith (or Colin) in their opening camps.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If a game is forfeited due to Covid, players on both teams will not be paid. Excluding bonuses, this means that they would lose 1/17 of their annual salary.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
also why don't draft one in the first round
Seems like you can go around the nfl and find guys who missed most of their rookie season with an injury. And these are guys from the first 3 rounds whom you expect to see some action.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The Jaguars are going to be absolutely horrible this year. I don't care how promising Lawrence is, no rookie QB could dig that team out of this hole. He's going to get buried like Burrow in Cincinnati last year.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Trevor Lawrence declared the starter. So what happens to Minshew? Lost year in the prime of his career? That sucks.

The moment Jacksonville clinched the #1 pick was the moment Lawrence was declared the starter.

I doubt they'll dump Minshew because Lawrence is going to be running for his life and may get Burrow-ed behind that OL.

Reactions: Club

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trevor Lawrence declared the starter. So what happens to Minshew? Lost year in the prime of his career? That sucks.
Minshew takes the backup role and if he’s smart and good at it (which he is), he’ll make another $37m over the next 10 years like Chase Daniel.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Minshew takes the backup role and if he’s smart and good at it (which he is), he’ll make another $37m over the next 10 years like Chase Daniel.
2 years left on his rookie deal. At worst he becomes a free agent in 2023 because the Jags won’t tag him. He has like 25 or so starts under his belt. Best case he is a stop gap starter for another team like Fitzpatrick or worst case as you said he’s the next Chase Daniels if he’s good in the QB room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad