Prospect Info: The 2021 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Which Player Is The Most Interesting Thus Far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Has Cosentino released his final mock draft? He has tended to be very accurate the last few years, although the Avs seem to pick right from MacKenzie's final rankings.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Avs seem to pick whoever has a really good U18’s and/or WJC.

I’d like Samoskevich. I’d also be fine with L’Heroux but boy would he need to tone down some of the shenanigans

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This might honestly be the draft I know the least about since I started more aggressively following hockey back in 2009.

Who do people like for our pick, assuming we hang onto it?

I'd like to think we go with a Forward at the moment. Since I'm only confident at this point in Newhook being a Top 6 forward of our prospects. Mind you we don't have a lot on the defensive side with huge upside either but we also have 3 very good NHL Dmen already, plus we do have Byram, Barron, and Helleson at the moment.

Who knows what the cupboards will look like in the next 24 hours but right now I like either the best available forward in the draft or possibly even taking a Goalie.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This struck me as odd!

ESPN: Logan Mailloux asks teams not to pick him in NHL draft after sexual crime.
Mailloux renounces himself from NHL draft

He's saving face. A bunch of teams have already put him on a do not draft list even though he's a late 1st/early 2nd level of talent. This way he can clean up his act and prevent scorn on an org that takes a chance on him.
This might honestly be the draft I know the least about since I started more aggressively following hockey back in 2009.

I'd like to think we go with a Forward at the moment. Since I'm only confident at this point in Newhook being a Top 6 forward of our prospects. Mind you we don't have a lot on the defensive side with huge upside either but we also have 3 very good NHL Dmen already, plus we do have Byram, Barron, and Helleson at the moment.

Who knows what the cupboards will look like in the next 24 hours but right now I like either the best available forward in the draft or possibly even taking a Goalie.

I want the pick traded for a player that can help now and over the next 3ish seasons.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I'm gonna pull it out now, don't laugh.

BUF - O. Power
SEA - M. Beniers
ANA - S. Edvinsson
N.J. - B. Clarke
CBJ - M. McTavish
DET - W. Eklund
SJ - D. Guenther
L.A. - L. Hughes
VAN - K. Johnson
OTT - J. Wallstedt
CHI - M. Coronato
CGY - C. Lucius
PHI - C. Lambos
DAL - C. Sillnger
N.Y.R - F. Svechkov
STL - S. Cossa
WPG - B. Othmann
NSH - F. Lysell
EDM - Z. Bolduc
BOS - X. Bourgault
MIN - A. Raty
DET - C. Ceulemans
FLO - F. Pinelli
CBJ - I. Rosen
MIN - N. Chibrikov
CAR - D. Chayka
2022 CHAMP AVS - S. Tuomaala
N.J. - Z. L'Heureux
VGS - M. Samoskevich
MTL - Z. Dean
CBJ - L. Stankoven

Feel free to Lightly flame away!

I like Tuomaala's wheels.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's saving face. A bunch of teams have already put him on a do not draft list even though he's a late 1st/early 2nd level of talent. This way he can clean up his act and prevent scorn on an org that takes a chance on him.
Bad event, but pretty mature response by him. That's the thing Miller should've done, take the negative event and put your control over it so it doesn't reach the level it did against him.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

If Cossa is available that would be a solid play.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bad event, but pretty mature response by him. That's the thing Miller should've done, take the negative event and put your control over it so it doesn't reach the level it did against him.
He pulled out of the draft the day after the victim gave an interview just saying she wanted a heartfelt apology. This is him saving face. The right move, but saving face.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Come on…Cossa is no Vasy. Athletically, Vasy is in a completely different tier.

Purely athletically, Cossa is the most athletic goalie since Prosvetov in 2018 and I'd say it is a coin flip between them. He's surely top 5 in the last 10 years in that area. He's huge and incredibly quick. One of the best skating goalies period. I wouldn't say he's far off Vasi in that area. Vasi is quasi generational because he combines that athleticism with a very structured and technical game. Cossa isn't even close there. He's got 3-4 years of heavy work to get the technical part of his game down.

Reactions: LTC Pain

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Purely athletically, Cossa is the most athletic goalie since Prosvetov in 2018 and I'd say it is a coin flip between them. He's surely top 5 in the last 10 years in that area. He's huge and incredibly quick. One of the best skating goalies period. I wouldn't say he's far off Vasi in that area. Vasi is quasi generational because he combines that athleticism with a very structured and technical game. Cossa isn't even close there. He's got 3-4 years of heavy work to get the technical part of his game down.
Which is why I want him.

You can take an extremely athletic goalie like Cossa and get him to improve that structure and technical ability.

You can't take a technically sound 18 year old and magically make him more athletic.

Reactions: Richard88

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
2021 NHL Draft will be held virtually over two days. Round 1 will take place at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, July 23 (ESPN2, Sportsnet, SN NOW, TVA Sports). Rounds 2-7 will begin at 11 a.m. ET on Saturday, July 24 (NHL Network, Sportsnet, SN NOW).

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I still think Cossa will be gone long before Sakic takes the stage. He's too good to fall almost out of the first round. My guess is he and Wallstedt are both gone before the teens are over.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Maybe his technique highlights Vasy’s athleticism even more, but I just don’t think they’ll ever be in the same tier IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad