GDT: The 2020 TDL Challenge Thread - stay the course or buy the horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If we get in, our first round series is probably Boston, and the second one presumably Washington or Tampa? I know anything can happen, but do you see this young group running through that meatgrinder? If yes, keep the guys. If no, stay the course and make the tough choices.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I sure do hope the Rangers keep the team as is and or look to add at this deadline. What this group has shown is they are much closer to being ready to take the leap back to contenders( thanks to Bread man and Trouba and Fox and continued great goaltending.). Dumping guys like Kreider and Strome will set this team back and prolong the rebuild. I get the business side of all this— but this is the problem with rebuilds like the tear it down model. This current roster is playing great and mangament may be forced to get rid of 2 or 3 key parts. So many factors have to align just right( contract lengths, player progression, roster voids, various competition level of conference, position in standings at trade deadline) that I hate the idea of trying to align all those things just perfectly so as to be able to make the claim “this is our year.” That’s never going to happen so let’s evaluate the current and stop trying to project the future.

Keep Kreider, Keep Strome, Keep Fast,

Trade- Brady- because there are already viable replacements for him in the system.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
If we get in, our first round series is probably Boston, and the second one presumably Washington or Tampa? I know anything can happen, but do you see this young group running through that meatgrinder? If yes, keep the guys. If no, stay the course and make the tough choices.

But again your premise is that “one year the Rangers will have an easier path” and “these guys are not ready to defeat the best.” In order for me to buy into this I’d Have to believe that trading Kreider and Fast would somehow fix these variables in the future and that’s an unknown. I’d also have to know that I’d be getting better assets than what both of these two, or Strome if you include him, would be. If the Rangers got a first for Kreider and he turned into Kreider, wouldn’t we all be thrilled?? As the recent drafts have shown,first rounders are a real crap shoot so it’s clear to me- stay with these current guys.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Almost certainly not, but I think there's a psychological benefit for a young team going into the offseason knowing they're a bonafide playoff team on the up-and-up rather than a bubble team who just missed out

Reactions: Kovalev27

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Could know a lot more in the next 2-3 hours. Does Gorton let this drag into practice and be a distraction for the group that will have to continue the push?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
My assumption would be Kreider and Fast will not be participating in practice this morning. Csnt wait until someone like Skjei or Strome has a maintenance day and every one loses their minds!

Reactions: RangersFan1994

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
thankful I don't have to be at work until the deadline hits, so I can watch everything unfold as it happens.

but for now, breakfast

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Kreider to Stars..Robertson and 1st
Fast to Philly..2nd
Lias to Kings...depth prospect
Hank to AV's..50% retained & not much else
Skjei to Panthers...Trocheck

my 7am trade day prediction....see you at 8

Reactions: Cag29

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
At this point if Boston is still interested I would take Heinen, Beecher and a 2nd. Heinen would be a decent NHL body pickup. He competes and already has had a 47 point season. Not sure if Boston has their 2nd this year if not then their 2nd in 2021

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider to Stars..Robertson and 1st
Fast to Philly..2nd
Lias to Kings...depth prospect
Hank to AV's..50% retained & not much else
Skjei to Panthers...Trocheck

my 7am trade day prediction....see you at 8

you made this exact post on twitter. literally just came across it :laugh:

can't see us gettin Throat Check for Brady

Reactions: cheech70

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Can't wait to see who out there gets bamboozed by Boob McKenzie this year.

Make sure to check that you're getting your info from trusted, verified sources....like assless chaps guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad