The 2019 off-season thread: There's money to spend and Joey Crabb's retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
A lot of comments about Panarin versus Hoff, like it’s going to be either-or. But now that Q has arrived, things just changed.

Get Pan. Keep Hoff. Worry about Hoff next year after playoffs. Lose him for nothing? So what - we already have prospects. It’ll be worth the ride through the playoffs to keep him essentially as a rental.

Go for the CUP next year.

I agree, depending on how our cap looks.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Need to feed Borgstrom spinach, steak, sweet potatoes, protein shakes and Reese peanut butter cups all off season. Let’s bulk this boi up.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If i calculated correctly if we got rid of Pysyk and Reimer without retaining or taking any salary back, counting vatranos pay increase, our current cap space, the expected increase to the cap ceiling to an estimated 83mil (?), didn’t take into account contracts like malgin and Brouwer since those contracts whether it’s them or someone else end up costing the same and we still need to fill those spots out so those are a wash, assuming sheahan or whoever centers line 4 comes in at the same price so no increase or decrease, AND if Luongo were ltir’d so his cap hit is completely gone along with Monty taking the backup role I had that at a best case scenario of 24mil roughly.

Bob and panarin both could cost a combined 19mil. Even if Luongo is ltir’d it still doesn’t give us a whole lot to work with to add D.

I’d prefer them to swap matheson out, if not I hope Q can cure his brain. But assuming Luongo doesn’t ltir we’d most certainly have to trade dads or hoff in the scenario of signing both bread and bob

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So I tried to back out what it would take to get the dream team here in Florida. I estimated the approximate tax savings relative to living in NY/NYC (~12%) for a bonus heavy contract (all but 1m in signing bonuses due to Florida residencies). I couldn't figure out a way to get this season with a new top 4 d at 7.25m, Panarin (~11m in NY salary), and Bob (~10 m in NY salary), and Lu back.

What surprised me is how easy it would be to resign one of Dadonov and Hoffman to say 8.5m contracts next season even with this! (I would anticipate say 4m for 2 bottom 6 first line players and 6/7 defenseman.)

The problem would become in 2021-2022 if we want to resign Barkov and Trocheck. My guess is that we would keep Barkov by trading Troch and expecting to lose one of the 4m plus defensemen)
upload_2019-4-8_18-19-53.png

Reactions: Kellyr

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If we get rid of Reimer and Psysk and the cap increases by 3 million - I calculated 26 million in cap space.

Bob - 6 x $8.5 million (no NMC for first 3-4 years)
Panarin - 7 x $9 million (full NMC i guess?)
Trouba - 7 x $7.5 million (NMC after 3-4 years)

That's $25 million there. Think I'm bang on with Bob if it's 6 years. 50 million is a nice payday for any 31 year old.

Panarin can't command $10 million or move imo since he's just averaging PPG totals and he doesn't play C. He ain't Kucherov or young C like Point/Matthews/Aho.

He's had a slight uptick this year in points but it is a contract year.

Trouba will take a discount from his reported $8 million or higher ask if it's FLA. GF and condo seal the deal.

Your thoughts? Do you see management going ALL-IN in one year or maybe two of the three adds this year and one next year? Maybe it's just Bob and Panarin and wait for Trouba to sign as free agent? Can you take the risk? Manson/Brodin as backup options.

Last edited:

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Honestly, if Bobrovsky is asking in the range of 10mil forget about it. I know he often has up and down years, but he hasn’t been great this year and I’m wondering if he is having issues adapting to new pad sizes. I’d rather upgrade our D first and look for other options. I know it was a small sample but Monty - Lu might not be awful.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If we get rid of Reimer and Psysk and the cap increases by 3 million - I calculated 26 million in cap space.
I estimated the costs of resigning McCoshen, Hunt, Malgin, Brouwer, and Shaheen to be 6 million, which might be too much? Maybe we can save 2 million by letting Shaheen walk and being aggressive on the other guys?

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Bob - 6 x $8.5 million (no NMC for first 3-4 years)
Panarin - 7 x $9 million (full NMC i guess?)
Trouba - 7 x $7.5 million (NMC after 3-4 years)

That's $25 million there. Think I'm bang on with Bob if it's 6 years. 50 million is a nice payday for any 31 year old.

Panarin can't command $10 million or move imo since he's just averaging PPG totals and he doesn't play C. He ain't Kucherov or young like a C like Point/Matthews/Aho.

He's had a slight uptick this year in points but it is a contract year.

Trouba will take a discount from his reported $8 million or higher ask if it's FLA. GF and condo seal the deal.

Your thoughts? Do you see management going ALL-IN in one year or maybe two of the three adds this year and one next year? Maybe it's just Bob and Panarin and wait for Trouba to sign as free agent? Can you take the risk? Manson/Brodin as backup options.

I think the team goes for the Russian duo I just can’t see it possible with Trouba he’ll command around 8.5 give or take. And we need some
Options down the line to sign Hubie, Barky and company. I do think they target a cheaper option on D I could see Brodin as an option or maybe someone like Stralman. We def need a stable veteran presence on the backline. If only we could
Bring Willie Mitchell back he was great for us when healthy.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I estimated the costs of resigning McCoshen, Hunt, Malgin, Brouwer, and Shaheen to be 6 million, which might be too much? Maybe we can save 2 million by letting Shaheen walk and being aggressive on the other guys?

I didn’t count any of those guys but I suppose we should since we need a fourth line lol

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think the team goes for the Russian duo I just can’t see it possible with Trouba he’ll command around 8.5 give or take. And we need some
Options down the line to sign Hubie, Barky and company. I do think they target a cheaper option on D I could see Brodin as an option or maybe someone like Stralman. We def need a stable veteran presence on the backline. If only we could
Bring Willie Mitchell back he was great for us when healthy.
How difficult do you think it will be to prey Ekholm out of Nashville? He's a cheap veteran defensive defenseman. Might take a lot but I was thinking 1st+choice of forward prospect not named Borgstrom+Pysyk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce