GDT: The 2019 NHL Entry Draft | Day 1 | TOR holds 53, 84, 115, 124, 146, 204 & 208

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
My favourites at #53:

Brayden Tracey
Nils Hoglander
Anttoni Honka
Philip Tomasino

Good list. I'll add Puistola and Alexandrov to that list. One of them is bound to fall to our pick I think.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Certainly the least amount of knowledge I've had about a Draft since at least 2013.

Not having a first rounder is the obvious reason. None the less im still excited for today.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Good list. I'll add Puistola and Alexandrov to that list. One of them is bound to fall to our pick I think.

Hopefully. It would be nice to get at least one real good player from this draft even without a 1st.

With the rumours of Brown potentially getting a 2nd, I'm wondering if we're either gonna see two 2nd round picks, or if we're gonna be able to move into the late 1st.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Just so there is someone who posts a sort of mock draft on here.

:devils
C Jack Hughes

:rangers
RW Kaapo Kakko

:hawks
C Alex Turcotte

:avs
LD Bowen Byram

:kings
C/RW Dylan Cozens

:wings
LD Philip Broberg

:sabres
C Kirby Dach

:edmonton
LW Matthew Boldy

:ducks
C Trevor Zegras

:nucks
RD Moritz Seider

:flyers
RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin

:wild
LD Cam York

:panthers
G Spencer Knight

:coyotes
C Alex Newhook

:habs
RD Victor Soderstrom

:avs
C/LW Peyton Krebs

:vegas
LW Cole Caufield

:stars
LD Ville Heinola

:sens
RD Lassi Thomson

:jets
C Ryan Suzuki

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Anyone really know this age group well? Any Toronto kids who could be sleepers? Any way we can move up into round 1 tonight?

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
1: Jack Hughes
2: Kappo Kakko
3: Alex Turcotte
4:Cole Caufield
5: Bowen Byram
6: Trevor Zegras
7: Kirby Dach
8: Cam York
9: Bobby Brink
10: Moritz Seider
11: Arthur Kaliyev
12: Dylan Cozens
13: Alex Newhook
14: Matthew Boldy
15: Nils Hoglander/Mikko Kokkenon

Do not draft:
Vasily Podkolzin
Peyton Krebs
Philip Broberg (outside the top 20 is fine, inside the top 20 is too high. Everyone has him top 10)

As for goalies everyone says Spencer Knight is the best, I might be inclined to think Dustin Wolf is #1.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
i Always try to think outside the box a bit instead of following general consensus, if anyone wants my first round from previous years I can give it.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
For a bit I forgot the draft was even going on today. Either way not going to bother watching. If we make a move the internet will update about it anyways.

Hopefully we can find some good options tomorrow in the second round and beyond. Need to keep finding useful players.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
My favourites at #53:

Brayden Tracey
Nils Hoglander
Anttoni Honka
Philip Tomasino
I'm not high on Honka, but the other three (also Alexandrov and Puistola), I'd be very happy with. Especially Tomasino, but he's a huge riser. He may go in the first.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not high on Honka, but the other three (also Alexandrov and Puistola), I'd be very happy with. Especially Tomasino, but he's a huge riser. He may go in the first.

I'd be shocked if Tomasino dropped past the early 2nd round. I don't think a single scouting agency has him ranked past 30th.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Does anyone know which players the leafs invited for internal testing or interviewed?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Does anyone know which players the leafs invited for internal testing or interviewed?

The only player I've read about is Brayden Tracey was brought to Toronto for further testing and obviously an extensive interview I imagine.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The first true insight we will get into Dubas' scouting approach. Last draft he had been on the job less than a month, now hes had a full year to evaluate things. Interesting to say the Least

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
My guess for the top 5 this year:

Jack Hughes, Kaapo Kakko, Bowen Byram, Alex Turcotte, Dylan Cozens. I think it could bat order, depending on preference.

I think Caufield jumps into the top 5 similar to how Marner did. Someone will take a kid who is undersized but still managed to score 72 goals in 62 games.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
As I get older I know less and less about these young guys coming in...sad in a way...but exciting all the same.

Is it you getting older, is it that for the first time in 20 years, we know for certain the Leafs are not drafting near the top end of the draft so we don't bother following it as closely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad