GDT: The 2019 Draft Lottery Thread (Formerly #Senswatch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
This is truly a bi polar rollercoaster night
2D109C6F-DB07-4934-A7ED-EB9C421A67AA.gif

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He's not a second line player on a good team. Unless he has some sort of miraculous breakthrough this summer, I don't see him ever being our 2c. Plus we can't afford to wait anyways, so the spot should be filled.
He just needs to become a top 6 winger. Which is very achievable.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
It doesnt matter how they feel. They have Eugene as the owner thats punishment enough. Im glad this entire thing is over with to be honest. Curious to see if they have a Blue Jackets watch when Duchene, Dzingel, Bob and bread man leave.
It's far from over I'd imagine. Whoever we pick will always be linked to them/Brady Tkachuk.

Don't they only get next year's pick if Duchene signs back up for more BJ action? Am I allowed to say that?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Don't they only get next year's pick if Duchene signs back up for more BJ action? Am I allowed to say that?
I would be very surprised to see Duchene sign in Columbus. Ottawa isn't getting that pick. I'm sure they will be successful at getting a top spot with their own pick. Their trouble is far from over.

Youngblood29

Jul 3, 2018
Have to say as an AVS fan, who saw last 5 home games @ pepsi center..
I am Not supprised for the outcome of the lottery.. I believe such a thing called Karma..
And watching the whole season, people celebrating everytime Sens lost, I was ”affraid” this was going to happen..

And just to ask, how people keep saying that Avs took the ”Best player in the 2017 draft” by picking Makar?
Who has 0 games in NHL, comparing to Heiskanen or Petterson Which has approved that they are a real thing.
Don’t say that Makar cant or wont be but to say we got the best player? Really? How?

Lets be happy of the playoff spot and 4th overall pick, lets Not focus on Chicago drafting before us or who picks 1st etc.
Lets focus who we should take and move on from that?
Could Chicago take D, so that AVS gets Podkolzin or is it so clear #3 pick?
If not, should we stack our D and trade Barrie? Or take Center prospect? I don’t know anything of Cozens, Dach..

We’ll beat Flames in 7games, after that nobody remembers the draft lottery anymore :)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I am Not supprised for the outcome of the lottery.. I believe such a thing called Karma..
And watching the whole season, people celebrating everytime Sens lost, I was ”affraid” this was going to happen..

And just to ask, how people keep saying that Avs took the ”Best player in the 2017 draft” by picking Makar?
Who has 0 games in NHL, comparing to Heiskanen or Petterson Which has approved that they are a real thing.
Don’t say that Makar cant or wont be but to say we got the best player? Really? How?

Lets be happy of the playoff spot and 4th overall pick, lets Not focus on Chicago drafting before us or who picks 1st etc.
If not, should we stack our D and trade Barrie? Or take Center prospect? I don’t know anything of Cozens, Dach..

We’ll beat Flames in 7games, after that nobody remembers the draft lottery anymore :)
Karma isn't real, but odds are, and we pick exactly where we were most likely to. The system is garbage

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I didnt like the gloating thing that happening here and expressed it several times but not because of any sort of "karma" thing. I just thing as a fan base who is only a few season removed from a 48 point season its not chill to be to kicking a fan base when they were already down. The amount of memes and butt end of jokes we fans were subjected to following that 48 point headass season should have been enough. I dont know thats how I felt from day one with that thread. It was fun to follow at times but now that its over we take the 4th and move on.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Karma isn't real or else we wouldn't have got a top 4 pick...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Wouldn't karma have been the Senators crawling out of the cellar?

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Oh I dunno. I'll take this kind of 'sucks to be an Avs fan' cuz of the 4OA pick in a stacked draft with a ton of great options to plot the team's development over the long term. Draft Byrams and emulate the Preds? Draft high end C and get a potential 1C to play on the second line? Yes, that sucks. But I'll take it over two seasons ago 'sucks to be an Avs fan' without any hesitation whatsoever 100% of the time.

Reactions: avsfan09

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I never said he wasn't good or done developing. I was simply comparing other guys we have gotten in the top 10 and trying to look at the positives of dropping down to 4th.

Simply put: You don't need a top 2 pick to get a star player so even though we missed out on Hughes/Kakko there is going to be other players who turn into important pieces for franchises as well.

That's all my post was meant to be. Not about discussing Jost lol
The Avalanche getting a star player with the #4 pick. Like such a thing could ever happen!:sarcasm:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Oh I dunno. I'll take this kind of 'sucks to be an Avs fan' cuz of the 4OA pick in a stacked draft with a ton of great options to plot the team's development over the long term. Draft Byrams and emulate the Preds? Draft high end C and get a potential 1C to play on the second line? Yes, that sucks. But I'll take it over two seasons ago 'sucks to be an Avs fan' without any hesitation whatsoever 100% of the time.
What are you talking about. This is the worst possible outcome that could have happen when we made the trade.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Obviously I'm disappointed with the result but at the end of the day we are in the playoffs and drafting #4. That is incredibly rare and a nice bonus for a playoff caliber team.

As for #4 I want Turcotte I don't think there is a ton of difference between him and Hughes. Hughes is better but it's not as big of a gap as people make it to be. IMO Turcotte is the better 200ft player. Hughes is a better skater and scorer/playmaker but his work in the defensive end is needing work.

But if Cozens is still available I'd be shocked to see us pass on him. You have to imagine that they've seen plenty of him with Henry being in the same team. I wouldn't be mad with this pick, especially if Chicago takes Turcotte, but if Turcotte is available I'd go with him.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Sens fans make me think of some kid who's been force fed literal crap for a year straight that laughs at another kid because Starbucks spelled his name wrong.

Like...you gave us a 4th-overall pick among other assets for a year of Duchene.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I'm still upset at the absurdity of the draft lotto, but seeing my playoffs tickets get delivered to my flash seats app made me smile.

Reactions: forsbergavs32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad