The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Rantanen is back and the Avs look absolutely terrifying. 7-1, Rantanen 4 points, Donskoi 2G 2A now has over 2o points (same contract as Ferland ahem).

This is how you build a fun young team under the cap.
Even with their current team as-is, they still have impact players in the pipeline.

That 2017 draft is very interesting. Not winning the lottery worked out so damn well for Vancouver/Colorado/Dallas. The hockey gods might actually be balancing things out.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Every team has injuries. One guy doesn't make that much of a difference and notwithstanding Zibanejad the Rangers have been fairly fortunate on the injury front this season.
Zibanejad has been one of the most productive players in the league on a per game basis this season, saying a team with poor centre depth losing their best centre “doesn’t make much of a difference” is flawed.

Vancouver in 2017/2018 were in the playoff picture in December but Horvat got injured and the team folded like a cheap tent.

The Rangers have constructed an excellent young team that’s going to make some noise in the coming years.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I remember earlier in the season people on here were mocking the Rangers rebuild, well yeah they’re ahead of us in points already.
Probably in response to people going on non stop about how great their rebuild was...They've had some mediocre picks (Kravtsov,Andersson)..and signing a 28 year UFA does not help your rebuild.

Quick question..Would you trade their team and prospects for ours?

Last edited:

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Zibanejad has been one of the most productive players in the league on a per game basis this season, saying a team with poor centre depth losing their best centre “doesn’t make much of a difference” is flawed.

Vancouver in 2017/2018 were in the playoff picture in December but Horvat got injured and the team folded like a cheap tent.

The Rangers have constructed an excellent young team that’s going to make some noise in the coming years.

Rangers' goal differential is almost identical in games with/without him this season and their W-L record is actually better without him. Realistically, 12 games without Zibanejad on average would cost them no more than -2 in goal differential barring some sort of stacking effect from accumulation of a bunch of injuries and as mentioned previously they have otherwise been quite healthy.

Canucks of two years ago were also riding some unsustainable good fortune that totally belied the actual quality of the team; they were going to go down even if Horvat had stayed healthy, plus Horvat's was only the first of a wave of injuries. Horvat played 36 games after returning from his six-week injury and the team's record was 13-18-5.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Probably in response to people going on non stop about how great their rebuild was...They've had some mediocre picks (Kravtsov,Andersson)..and signing a 28 year UFA does not help your rebuild.

Hold up....but

signing 28 year old Sam gagner helps the rebuild?

signing 30year old jay beagle helps a rebuild;

signing 29 year old tyler Myers helps the rebuild

or were the canucks not rebuilding these last few years like you claimed?

Reactions: vanuck

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Signing a top 5 winger in the NHL doesn’t help your rebuild?

You’ve watched this regime sign bloated contracts to bottom 6 scrubs and defended them, yet make a statement like that...

The thing you’re not grasping is, this is year 1 and a half of their rebuild opposed to our team being bottom 3 in the league over the past half decade, apples to oranges.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Signing a top 5 winger in the NHL doesn’t help your rebuild?

You’ve watched this regime sign bloated contracts to bottom 6 scrubs and defended them, yet make a statement like that...

The thing you’re not grasping is, this is year 1 and a half of their rebuild opposed to our team being bottom 3 in the league over the past half decade, apples to oranges.
No...it doesn't help your rebuild...pretty much puts their rebuild on hold..They're now too good to get another top end impact player (unless they win the lottery again)....and this is a concern from Rangers fans.

Yes,this regime has made mistakes (well documented), but we're talking about the Rangers here...You didn't answer my question..Would you trade the Canucks roster (plus prospects) for the Rangers?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
No...it doesn't help your rebuild...pretty much puts their rebuild on hold..They're now too good to get another top end impact player (unless they win the lottery again)....and this is a concern from Rangers fans.

Yes,this regime has made mistakes (well documented), but we're talking about the Rangers here...You didn't answer my question..Would you trade the Canucks roster (plus prospects) for the Rangers?
I clearly answered the question, why is it so hard for you to grasp? The Canucks have been bad since 2015, the Rangers just started to bottom out and have done a tremendous job adding pieces since then.

Would I trade the Rangers 1.5 years in their rebuild for the Canucks who have been a bottom 5 team in the league since 2014? Probably not, but that's so not the point. Compare the Rangers to where the Canucs were in 2017 and the difference is just insane.

And to say that adding an elite player with a ton of prime years left to a young and and upcoming team is a bad move just shows you know absolutely nothing about roster construction.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Rangers' goal differential is almost identical in games with/without him this season and their W-L record is actually better without him. Realistically, 12 games without Zibanejad on average would cost them no more than -2 in goal differential barring some sort of stacking effect from accumulation of a bunch of injuries and as mentioned previously they have otherwise been quite healthy.
That is bizarre if you think that's even close to accurate.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I clearly answered the question, why is it so hard for you to grasp? The Canucks have been bad since 2015, the Rangers just started to bottom out and have done a tremendous job adding pieces since then.

Would I trade the Rangers 1.5 years in their rebuild for the Canucks who have been a bottom 5 team in the league since 2014? Probably not, but that's so not the point. Compare the Rangers to where the Canucs were in 2017 and the difference is just insane.

And to say that adding an elite player with a ton of prime years left to a young and and upcoming team is a bad move just shows you know absolutely nothing about roster construction.
Not hard for me to grasp at all...I'm not knocking the Rangers for the way they started their rebuild, and its too bad we didnt do the same in 2015 after losing to the Flames..I think the Rangers should have continued on with their rebuild,and bottomed out longer.

Is Zibaejad their 1C three years from now?

They have Kakko (will be good)..Kravstsov and Andersson they whiffed on..IMO....Filip Chytil is decent..There's really no real home runs there..I know enough about roster construction to know that they've clearly taken themselves out of top 5 pick contention ,which they need to add to future core...

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I don't see how Vitaly Kravstov is a whiff, he's 19 and was considered a top 10 prospect in the league a few months ago.

They have a young core of Zibanajead, Panarin, Kakko and Trouba. Young roster players like Deangelo, Fox and Chytil solid group of young prospects in their system like Kravstov, Miller, Hajek etc and have an abundance of draft pics.

They're the mode rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark