GDT: The 2017 Stanley Cup Finals Bandwagon Thread

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Nashville got a decent amount of grief. They had to deal with that situation first and even in the regular season to boot.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
"Phil Kessel is only good for eating hot dogs at the moment".

Not very professional from the Finnish announcer but it gave me a pretty damn good laugh. :laugh: Anyway it's the first time for a while that I'm watching NHL hockey but let's go Preds!!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It seems as though each team only shows up on home ice...

Its gonna be an interesting game 6 thats for sure... still lots of hockey left tho

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I just don't get Sidney Crosby. In the last 2 1/2 months alone, we have him five-holing someone in the crotch, chopping off finger tips, elbowing heads, pinning and repeatedly putting Subban's head in the ice, and throwing water bottles. Like, wtf dude? This guy is the best player on the planet and he's constantly in these situations where he's gooning it up, and it's not necessary and only fuels people who hate him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Banging Subban's head into the ice was just idiotic. He saw what happened to Orpik when Thornton did the exact same thing to him. Just stupid.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Subban will get a suspension for hitting his head on the ice since the ice was in a vulnerable position. Rule 199.9 subset b of article 6 states because the ice could not defend itself from Subban's head, Subban will face an automatic 1 game suspension.

Crosby shall receive a $10,000 bonus because hey it's Sid.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well, people can cry all they want, Pittsburgh deserved it. Shows what happens when you run a system in line with your teams strengths.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well, people can cry all they want, Pittsburgh deserved it. Shows what happens when you run a system in line with your teams strengths.

This. I wanted the Preds to win but Pens are a great team.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Feel bad for Preds fans they got screwed on that early whistle. If that was us I'd murder that ref.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Knew you'd try and make a plug for their system, when in reality they were outworked and the system was exposed.

The better team lost, but that's hockey.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Knew you'd try and make a plug for their system, when in reality they were outworked and the system was exposed.

The better team lost, but that's hockey.

Yep exposed, who cares, you do understand they're a flawed team right? I mean you make it seem like people think Pittsburgh is perfect, they're not. But they play the system that gives them the best chance to win and it worked.

You give yourself the best chance possible to win and they did, or you can be an idiot like Cooper. And if they get "exposed" again next year or the next 10 years no one will care because they have 3 cups to fall back on.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yep exposed, who cares, you do understand they're a flawed team right? I mean you make it seem like people think Pittsburgh is perfect, they're not. But they play the system that gives them the best chance to win and it worked.

You give yourself the best chance possible to win and they did, or you can be an idiot like Cooper.

By giving us a chance to win, you mean playing your own half most of the night with one off rushes that lead to no offensive pressure and scoring on very opportunistic chances, because that was Pittsburgh to a T for a very large portion of this series.

You could also use that to describe how a lot of our series went with Cooper when we played the Penguins. If you can't call both spades a spade, then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what was actually happening on the ice.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad