GDT: The 2017 Stanley Cup Finals Bandwagon Thread

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Sullivan reminding me a lot of Cooper right now. Seems like he's not letting his guys play as loose as he did before, and you can see it in their play. Very lucky to be up 2-0.

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hedman, Karlsson, Doughty, Burns, Subban, Keith, Letang

That's only 7.

(Next 2: OEL and Weber)

And lol at pens are better off without him, he's pretty good defensively though not elite.

hmm, in my opinion, Letang doesn't even crack the top 15. He gets talked about a lot and is touted as Pens #1 D man, but he doesn't perform as a #1 D man. He is rarely used against the top guys on teams too. He also makes a metric ass load of mistakes (hence why the Pens are better without him). His shot % is trash, he is slow, and small.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Ironically they're playing like us last year. They were flat out dominated the first game but cashed in on the few chances they got. Same with the 2nd and 3rd period of last nights game.

The pens last year were way better, but the Western teams just don't match up well against them for some reason.

You have to cash in while you have them on the ropes. They have so much fire power and you can't have any d zone **** ups, as the start of the third period in game 2 showed us. They look very vulnerable, but Nashville hasn't been able to pot enough goals during those times.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
hmm, in my opinion, Letang doesn't even crack the top 15. He gets talked about a lot and is touted as Pens #1 D man, but he doesn't perform as a #1 D man. He is rarely used against the top guys on teams too. He also makes a metric ass load of mistakes (hence why the Pens are better without him). His shot % is trash, he is slow, and small.

1. he sure produces like a #1
2. his defensive shortcomings are blown WAY out of proportion
3. a bad shot % is a sign of bad luck
4. he isn't slow lol

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
He is turning from Cat Bowser to Cat Mario.

Good analogy.

I think the thing that bugs me the most about Sullivan is how often he berates the officials. Literally after every call against, it's getting ridiculous considering the clearly lopsided officiating going on (in his favor). Not hard to tell he's a Torts protege.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Tampa needs to take notes from nashville's crowd. They are amazing. I would kill to catch one of these finals games there. Looks amazing

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tampa needs to take notes from nashville's crowd. They are amazing. I would kill to catch one of these finals games there. Looks amazing

lol good luck. If you'd get those scarecrows in Amalie Arena to make any noise you'd be the 2nd person after the "Sticks Of Fire" group. You see more life in a tomb when the Lightning are down 2-1 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd and just came on the power play. We have great fan support but I'll be damned if any of those people know what support is. Fastest way to get told "SIT DOWN YOU'RE BLOCKING IT" is to stand on your feet and say, "Let them hear you come on. All together now Let's go Lightning!"

They definitely don't like it when you say, "We're not in your living room! We're at the game! Make some noise will ya?!"

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
lol good luck. If you'd get those scarecrows in Amalie Arena to make any noise you'd be the 2nd person after the "Sticks Of Fire" group. You see more life in a tomb when the Lightning are down 2-1 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd and just came on the power play. We have great fan support but I'll be damned if any of those people know what support is. Fastest way to get told "SIT DOWN YOU'RE BLOCKING IT" is to stand on your feet and say, "Let them hear you come on. All together now Let's go Lightning!"

They definitely don't like it when you say, "We're not in your living room! We're at the game! Make some noise will ya?!"

We need some lessons for euro soccer matches

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I think the league needs to take notes from Nashville. What a crowd!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That Nashville crowd is amazing, how does that not get into a goaltenders head.

"MURRAAAYYY, IT'SSS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" beautiful.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

I bet when I go to bolts games in the loudest person not counting sticks of fire

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They forgot in game 1 too. If Nashville loses this series they can blame not completing the comeback by winning that game

And tonight also. Hope they continue to forget. Lol.

This series should be 3-1 Nashville now. But that's hockey, a game of inches and luck.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
And some people even hate Sticks of Fire for cheering all the time lol.

I just hate how they start playing the organ when we already have a Let's Go Lightning going on, it drowns us out and people just stop instead of getting louder.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL

A thousand times agree with you. Makes me sick to remember a third of our house in Blackhawks jerseys 2 years ago!

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo

I just hate how they start playing the organ when we already have a Let's Go Lightning going on, it drowns us out and people just stop instead of getting louder.

I think it's the soccer chants that most people don't like.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

I disagree about the organ.
I think it's the soccer chants that most people don't like.
Really, I personally like them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2