GDT: The 2017 Playoffs Bandwagon Thread - 3rd Round

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Boucher can get his revenge again now. Hoping for Ottawa-Nashville because **** Pittsburgh and **** NBC.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Boucher can get his revenge again now. Hoping for Ottawa-Nashville because **** Pittsburgh and **** NBC.

That's a lot of, **** . :laugh:

Anyway, Tampa missed the playoffs, Rangers are out, and Ducks are now gone, so really don't care anymore. Just want it to be over so can look forward to the drafts and Free Agency. But if I had to choose would want a Nashville - Ottawa SCF, and yup NBC would be crying. lol.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That's a lot of, **** . :laugh:

Anyway, Tampa missed the playoffs, Rangers are out, and Ducks are now gone, so really don't care anymore. Just want it to be over so can look forward to the drafts and Free Agency. But if I had to chobose would want a Nashville - Ottawa SCF, and yup NBC would be crying. lol.

Pretty much this. I just want to see what ends up happening to our roster. I'm hearing a lot is going to change this off-season. It's going to be busy.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This team is ****.

I am depressed to be a fan of this dogpile. If we trade Drouin for scraps I might seriously think about changing allegiances.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This team is ****.

I am depressed to be a fan of this dogpile. If we trade Drouin for scraps I might seriously think about changing allegiances.

You are kidding me right? How is this team a dogpile of crap? They had some of their key players out for long stretches this season, and this past season learned which guys are the more relaxed/lazy ones, the more competitor ones, and which young guys coming up from the AHL looked the most promising. If it was not for the AHL guys who were hungry they would have been eliminated from a playoff spot weeks before the season ended. So I see opportunity there that will come cheap and leave money open for upgrades. If you are a Tampa fan, should be very excited to what's going to happen in the next few years. Tweaks need to be made, but you are acting like they need to gut this team. Just upgrade the D, and think they are set. The offense will be fine with their injured back healthy next season.

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
You are kidding me right? How is this team a dogpile of crap? They had some of their key players out for long stretches this season, and this past season learned which guys are the more relaxed/lazy ones, the more competitor ones, and which young guys coming up from the AHL looked the most promising. If it was not for the AHL guys who were hungry they would have been eliminated from a playoff spot weeks before the season ended. So I see opportunity there that will come cheap and leave money open for upgrades. If you are a Tampa fan, should be very excited to what's going to happen in the next few years. Tweaks need to be made, but you are acting like they need to gut this team. Just upgrade the D, and think they are set. The offense will be fine with their injured back healthy next season.

We have to land on all fours starting next season. Coach CoopCat has this team as mulitple cat bowsers. We must become one strong united Cat Bowser to get back on top.

and some tweaks to the d would be good

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have to land on all fours starting next season. Coach CoopCat has this team as mulitple cat bowsers. We must become one strong united Cat Bowser to get back on top.

and some tweaks to the d would be good

Yeah, SY said he wanted to go after an offensive D, so should be interesting what happens. Btw, love the new handle-name and Avatar.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

you are proving my point. here's our roster:

2 bona fide superstars in hedman and kucherov
a superstar who is always injured in stamkos
a would-be star if his coach didn't hate him in drouin
Johnson who disappears for most of the season
palat who doesn't show up till February
stralman, who I am confident in, but seems to be maybe regressing (still probably the most underrated defenseman in the nhl)
an unproven starting goalie
dotchin who hopefully wasn't a flash in the pan
one other defenseman who can play (Coburn)
a 19 goal killorn who can basically pack his bags for vegas
a rookie who was amazing but size is still an issue
a former 1st round pick who is inconsistent as all hell (vlad)
and a bunch of ahl players

settle in, guys, we're on track for another lottery season

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

stralman, who I am confident in, but seems to be maybe regressing (still probably the most underrated defenseman in the nhl)

My only question mark with the team is Vasy. Like you said unproven which is why it's so important to get a solid veteran backup for him. But if Vasy is at least good then this team will be a contender.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, SY said he wanted to go after an offensive D, so should be interesting what happens. Btw, love the new handle-name and Avatar.
Thanks m8
I don't want this team to be Cat Bowser. Cat Bowser always loses.
I beg to differ. Cat Bowser probably gets more rekts on Cat Mario then vice versa. Of course, Cat Mario has infinite lives while Cat Bowser gets shrekt on the first one, which is why I haven't bought a Nintendo console in years.

Cat Drouin and Cat Coop get along fine. Overblown nonsense!

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thanks m8

I beg to differ. Cat Bowser probably gets more rekts on Cat Mario then vice versa. Of course, Cat Mario has infinite lives while Cat Bowser gets shrekt on the first one, which is why I haven't bought a Nintendo console in years.

So basically, in a 7 game series, Cat Bowser wins, right? :nod:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Forgot what emotion looks like from a coach, Boucher losing it over that horrible Kessel call. I'm used to gum gum gum.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel beyond horrible for the Senators fans. I'm sorry but for as much as the double edged sword got the here, it cost them the game. Boucher's brand of hockey only gets you so far because it's so damn passive. I think the Sens had all of 2 or 3 shots in both OT's.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I feel beyond horrible for the Senators fans. I'm sorry but for as much as the double edged sword got the here, it cost them the game. Boucher's brand of hockey only gets you so far because it's so damn passive. I think the Sens had all of 2 or 3 shots in both OT's.

Sens had glorious chances to put the game away in the 3rd and 1st OT, not sure what you're talking about. Is Ottawa supposed to play run and gun against the Pens? :laugh:
Not to mention it got them further than Cooper's Lightning and frustrating the hell out of the Pens. Boucher again outdoes Cooper with a weaker roster.

Same thing against Boston in game 7 in 2011.

Because taking a team that had no business being there is a fault.

That's like saying the 2011 Lightning or 2017 Sens would be Cup champs without Boucher because he was holding them back :laugh:

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They had 2 shots in OT1. How many "glorious chances" were there? Only one I can think of that was even decent was the Karlsson drop pass after about 2 minutes of Pens zone time.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sens had glorious chances to put the game away in the 3rd and 1st OT, not sure what you're talking about. Is Ottawa supposed to play run and gun against the Pens? :laugh:
Not to mention it got them further than Cooper's Lightning and frustrating the hell out of the Pens. Boucher again outdoes Cooper with a weaker roster.

Because taking a team that had no business being there is a fault.

That's like saying the 2011 Lightning or 2017 Sens would be Cup champs without Boucher because he was holding them back :laugh:

I wasn't aware that more than 2 SOG in an OT would be considered "run and gun" Spare the act.... to win the game you have to actually TRY to score and both times the Senators turned up the intensity they responded within minutes of Penguin tallies. If Coop played over 20 minutes of chicken **** "clog the neutral zone" hockey that resulted in a whopping 2 SOG in a game 7 OT period you'd be calling for his head right now.

The Sens had no business being in the ECF because AV schooled Boucher for 4 straight games in games 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the NYR series and lost because outsmarted himself by going into a shell like he always does. There's a reason why NYR fans made an avatar of "Until we took the lead" with that weird ass looking turtle. Whatever dude... stick to complaining about how we went to a SCF that none of us expected to be in or game 7 of an ECF without Bishop, Stamkos and Stralman at like 30%

Late edit: Or better yet, please cite Cooper's system as the main reason for our "offensive regression" when he tried managing the game exactly like Boucher does when Vasy was letting in 2+ bad goals a night for a month straight and the defense was in shambles. And yet in this "regression" Kucherov scored 40 goals, Hedman broke Hamrlik's scoring record and got nominated for the Norris.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad