The 2017 NFL draft prospects thread

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nah NFL execs and coaches need to stop being dinosaurs. Spread concepts are used league wide. Playing in a "pro style" system doesn't magically make you a better prospect. It doesn't get you ready for the NFL either.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Kizer is going to be moving up, think Kaaya will also be drafted high.

Boo!!!!!!!!

Chicago did so well they should be permanent home of draft ,, You suck NFL

Philadelphia is just as obsessed about football as Chicago is. It will be a hit there. It should be rotated imo.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Kiel was interesting. Originally signed with LSU then switched to notre Dame. Lost the competition to golston. Then decided to tranfer, buy a week later golston, gets suspended. Who knows where he would be if he stayed at ND.

Kiel was never a victim of circumstance, he just kinda sucks. Most overrated high school prospect I think I've ever seen in person. He made a career out of beating up on crappy teams. Every time his H.S. team faced a good defense he fell to pieces. Not a question of physical talent, he's got that, he just doesn't have the right competitive mentality to play QB.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Myles Garrett's 1st step is nuts. Runs the arc and makes college LT's look slow. Just wanna see more power. Really like Marquis Haynes from Ole Miss as a 3-4 OLB.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Kizer and Watson have great feet in the pocket. Never flat footed. Kizer has a wide base but doesn't overstride. Watson is narrower but both generate torque to throw into tight windows. Impressive young QB's.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Kizer and Watson have great feet in the pocket. Never flat footed. Kizer has a wide base but doesn't overstride. Watson is narrower but both generate torque to throw into tight windows. Impressive young QB's.

At least I have DeShone to enjoy this season.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Sneaky QB match up this weekend..

Mason Rudolph (OK state) vs Cooper Rush (Central Michigan)

Both guys have NFL potential.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Royce Freeman is so good. Runs square, great feet, explosive power and surprisingly shifty. Looks like an ex-Duck Jonathan Stewart.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Seth Russell is not a viable NFL QB prospect but as an athlete he's super intriguing. Has Terrell Pryor measurables.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Myles Garrett is the #1 prospect in this draft. He has improved virtually all his weaknesses which I'm eating crow on. He's a 3 down player.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Myles Garrett is the #1 prospect in this draft. He has improved virtually all his weaknesses which I'm eating crow on. He's a 3 down player.

Kinda makes me upset/Kinda makes me happy that Dak may play us out of the Garrett/Mcdowell area.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Royce Freeman is so good. Runs square, great feet, explosive power and surprisingly shifty. Looks like an ex-Duck Jonathan Stewart.

He was one of the ones I was higher on in this draft. Especially with Christian/Fournette/Chubb/Cook probably going first two rounds. Think Carolina may scoop him in the 3rd-4th.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So ,, Bears are going to draft top 5 at very least it appears

What impact players are available? Guys who have true franchise altering potential?

Bears needs

QB of future, RB , WR , OL , TE , DT , DE , ILB , OLB , CB , FS , SS , K

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He was one of the ones I was higher on in this draft. Especially with Christian/Fournette/Chubb/Cook probably going first two rounds. Think Carolina may scoop him in the 3rd-4th.

The thing with McCaffery is that he doesn't have an NFL RB skillset as a ball carrier. He doesn't break arm tackles or get after contact yards as much as Cook, Fournette, Chubb and Freeman. I really think with his size (6'1" 205) and his hands and elite athleticism that his future is at WR. Specifically in the slot. He'll be too big for slot corners and too quick for safeties.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Mike Williams is the best receiver prospect in this draft. 6'4" 220, hands catcher, long arms, fluid athlete, easy speed and jump ball ability. Its effortless with him

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Some under the radar prospects to chew on.

Forrest Lamp-WKU: Most likely a G at the next level but is a good athlete with balance, strength and punch. Held his own against LSU last year and Bama this year. Currently hurt.

Chad Hansen-Cal: A tough, speedy and fearless wr. Can line up outside or in the slot. Great hands and hand strength, plays with an attitude. Wins 50/50 balls.

James Washington-O.K. State: A true homerun hitter. Plus speed and acceleration and twitch athleticism. Thick frame at 6' 205, wins jump balls and works the middle of the field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad