GDT: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft | June 26-27, 2015 | 10:00 a.m. ET (NHLN, TVA Sports)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Where is the Finnish forward you guys drafted set to play next year?

If he doesn't have a contract for next season in Europe I could see Yzerman sending him to Peterborough if they take him at the euro draft, kinda like Masin last year.

You called it

http://www.boltprospects.com/conten...t-draft?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
New Lightning prospect Jonne Tammela was selected by OHL Peterborough in first round, 15th overall. The Lightning's fourth round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft will take his tenacity and skill to the OHL, joining fellow import Dominik Masin and newly selected Matt Spencer with the Petes.
AHL Syracuse could be in the cards for Tammela after this coming season because he was drafted out of Finland and not the CHL. There is no AHL age restriction in that case. Technically, Masin could play in Syracuse this season because he was drafted out of the Czech Republic before coming to Peterborough last season. Each CHL team is allowed to dress two import players, and with Russian Artem Vladimirov returning home to the MHL, that opens up a spot for Tammela. It also indicates the Petes are expecting Masin to return to Ontario, since they passed on their second Import Draft selection.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Is there any official relationship between the Petes and us? I mean this is a planned thing. Koekkoek okay, but Masin was send there, the Petes poster already said that Tampa is very high on Spencer and that many think he will end up here and now we send Tammela there.

Yes it is likely jsut a good realationship between Yzerman and his former junior team, but it is still a little bit surprising to me. The Petes haven't exactly produced a lot of NHL talent over the last 5 or 6 years and now we (knowing that Yzerman is high on drafting out of healthy junior orgs) sends as many kids as possible there

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is there any official relationship between the Petes and us? I mean this is a planned thing. Koekkoek okay, but Masin was send there, the Petes poster already said that Tampa is very high on Spencer and that many think he will end up here and now we send Tammela there.

Yes it is likely jsut a good realationship between Yzerman and his former junior team, but it is still a little bit surprising to me. The Petes haven't exactly produced a lot of NHL talent over the last 5 or 6 years and now we (knowing that Yzerman is high on drafting out of healthy junior orgs) sends as many kids as possible there

Could be that the Petes are letting Yzerman's scouting staff do their work for them. They know they're getting a solid player if it's an Yzerman/Murray pick.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

The Petes have sent the most kids to the NHL, more than any other team in the CHL.

It the past 12 or so years have had first rounders: E.Staal, J.Staal, Z.Bogosian, Z.Kassian, S.Koekkoek, A.Watson, M.Puempel and N.Ritchie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad