GDT: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft | June 26-27, 2015 | 10:00 a.m. ET (NHLN, TVA Sports)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2015-nhl-draf-logo.jpg

TV SCHEDULE & STREAMS:

Round 1 - June 26th

NHL Draft Preview Show (5:30 PM ET) - NHLN
NHL Entry Draft (7:00 PM ET) - NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports
NHL Draft Recap Show (10:00 PM ET) - NHLN

Rounds 2-7 - June 27th

NHL Entry Draft (10:00 AM ET) - NHLN, TVA Sports

DRAFT PICKS

Round | Overall | Player | Pos | Country | Ht | Wt | Amateur League | Amateur Team
2|33| MITCHELL STEPHENS |C|CAN|5'11''|188|OHL|SAGINAW
2|44| MATTHEW SPENCER |D|CAN|6'1''|203|OHL|PETERBOROUGH
3|64| DENNIS YAN |LW|USA|6'1''|184|QMJHL|SHAWINIGAN
3|72| ANTHONY CIRELLI |C|CAN|5'11''|160|OHL|OSHAWA
4|118| JONNE TAMMELA |RW|FIN|5'10''|180|FINLAND|KALPA
4|121| MATHIEU JOSEPH |RW|CAN|6'0''|166|QMJHL|SAINT JOHN
5|151| RYAN ZUHLSDORF |D|USA|5'11''|188|USHL|SIOUX CITY
6|153| KRISTIAN OLDHAM |G|USA|6'2''|203|USHL|OMAHA
6|181| BOKONDJI IMAMA |LW|CAN|6'1''|214|QMJHL|SAINT JOHN

RANKINGS

TSN Bob McKenzie's Top 75
TSN Craig Button's top 100
NHL Central Scouting
Sportsnet Top 30
The Hockey Writers
International Scouting Services
McKeen’s Hockey Top 30
Hockey Prospectus Top 100
THN Ryan Kennedy's top 120

MOCK DRAFTS

Nhl.com Mike Morreale
Nhl.com Adam Kimelman
TSN Craig Button
Sportsnet Damien Cox
Sportsnet Jeff Marek
Sportsnet Sam Cosentino
Sportsnet Gare Joyce

SFY

[NHL]830693[/NHL]

PICK TRACKER

NHL.com | Sportsnet.ca

451345338_slide.jpg

Last edited:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Thought about going. The sign up for tickets dissuaded me. Went last time it was in Sunrise only to see one of our worst busts get drafted. Tampa needs to host one. Would be a lot of fun.

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
I spend too much time wondering who i might like and who not. But like last year, when we drafted Deangelo, i didint like it at all, but now i ****ing love the kid and we got some good pieces from the lower pics, so everybody just trust the yzerplan. Im so pumped tomorrow is my graduation party and this night is the draft! #pumped

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Well it's time for my wishlist for another (hopefully positiv) future setting draft.

First off I find it crazy that Yzerman has yet to draft any Swedish player, hopefully that changes this time though (You will see later why).

1st round 28th overall:
- RD Noah Juulsen
- C/LW Jake DeBrusk
- RD Nicholas Meloche
- LD Oliver Kylington

Meloche and Juulsen offer a great skillset with upside, but both are risers and maybe they have risen a tad to far for us. DeBrusk is the kind of "power forward" we covet. Not bullet in a China town, but he uses his body and has great upside (Callahan with better offense). I am torn on Kylington, the GM that drafts him will either look like the draft genuis in a few years or be a laughing stock because he drafted an already sinking ship. Kylington had a serious down year, but if he gets back on track he could be a world beater just like DeAngelo has the talent to become on.

2nd round 44th overall:
If any of the true first rounders falls that far, go for him.
- C Alexander Dergachev
- LD Vince Dunn
- F Filip Chlapik
- RD Matthew Spencer
- LD Ryan Pilon

Go with a rather "save" pick, sometimes you still hit gold with them, otherwise they often still become quality role players ( look Erne vs Blujus). Most of Murrays 2nd rounders have been such guys. MacLeod, Masin, Hart, Erne, Blujus all easily are that kind of pick.

3rd round 64th overall:
- F Robin Kovacs
- F Roope Hintz
- F Dante Salituro
- D Mitchell Vande Sompel
- F Jens Lööke

Go for upside. Those guys have talent and skills far better than they will be drafted. Lööke and Hintz are pure offensive threats, but there justdoesn't exist something called "one dimensional Swedish or Finish player" They always are at least on par on D. Salituro is small, but plays a Johnson kind of game, so not the classic undersized one way point maker. Same goes for Vande Sompel. Wagner for some reason hasn't put up points this year, but has shown tremendous skill.
The only guy that is different is Robin Kovacs. For some reason I really like him and his game. He can develop into another Killorn or in another Komarov esque player. No matter what, you need those guys in May and June and Kovacs has shown a great mix of agitating and skill so far.

4th round 118th and 121th overall:
- D Kyle Capobianco
- F Dryden Hunt
- D Jeremy Lauzon
- F Keegan Kolesar
- Undersized high offense guys (Magiapane, Conrad, Garland, ...)
Capobinco has been called the sleeper of the draft so much now, that he is the opposite now IMO. If you want him, go for him early enough. He has high upside, same goes for Lauzon who has been dubbed a sleeper a few times as well now. Hunt is an exact clone of Paquette. It's well worth a 4th getting another Paquette IMO. Kolesar is one of the top agitators available and would be a DiGiacinto kinda pick, just hope his offense comes along ( I still believe in DiGiacinto)

5th to 7th round (151th, 153th, 181th 208th)
- F Luke Philp
- F Rodrigo Abols
- F Giorgio Estephan
- D Loik Leveille
- F Maxim Lazarev
- D Chaz Reddekopp
- F Jacob Jaremko
- A big, athletic goalie

Philp is a less talented Palat. A glue that holds everything together. Abols is likely the noboy of the draft being a 19 year old playing for Riga in the MHL and KHL. He has had nothing short of a miracle season. PPG in the MHL, 5p in 14 KHL games (it's impressive for any 18/19 year old to play in the KHL at all. Estephan is everything SY loves so much but is searching that next gear offensivly, though his skills are easily there for another two gears. Leiveille is an overweight (6'0, 220lbs) defender that still skates good and has offensive skills. Get the extra fat off him and see what happens. Lazarov is the untalked about the Russians playing in the CHL. His offensive numbers are good, but he is not a dominator as is often expected from Russians in the CHL. Reddekopp is a heavy hitter and slowly learns the offensive side (MacLeod kind of project). Jaremko blows away his competiton, but the USHS is nothing special. Has struggled in his short USHL stint, his talent is still huge and worth a chance.

Overall I hope we go for a late round goalie, at least one undersized skilled guy and a good mix of potential quality role players (Gudas/Paquette..) and high upside picks.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
Thought about going. The sign up for tickets dissuaded me. Went last time it was in Sunrise only to see one of our worst busts get drafted. Tampa needs to host one. Would be a lot of fun.

I had completely forgotten that I signed up for them, until the Panthers emailed me a couple of weeks ago. At first glance, I was like: "The Panthers? Get out of my email!" Then I remembered signing up a few months ago :laugh:. I'm hoping it's fun. I'll never complain about free tickets, but that drive though :rant:.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We gotta get off to a good start, play a full 60 minutes, and score some freakin power play goals!

Oh wait... :(

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well it's time for my wishlist for another (hopefully positiv) future setting draft.

First off I find it crazy that Yzerman has yet to draft any Swedish player, hopefully that changes this time though (You will see later why).

1st round 28th overall:
- RD Noah Juulsen
- C/LW Jake DeBrusk
- RD Nicholas Meloche
- LD Oliver Kylington

Meloche and Juulsen offer a great skillset with upside, but both are risers and maybe they have risen a tad to far for us. DeBrusk is the kind of "power forward" we covet. Not bullet in a China town, but he uses his body and has great upside (Callahan with better offense). I am torn on Kylington, the GM that drafts him will either look like the draft genuis in a few years or be a laughing stock because he drafted an already sinking ship. Kylington had a serious down year, but if he gets back on track he could be a world beater just like DeAngelo has the talent to become on.

2nd round 44th overall:
If any of the true first rounders falls that far, go for him.
- C Alexander Dergachev
- LD Vince Dunn
- F Filip Chlapik
- RD Matthew Spencer
- LD Ryan Pilon

Go with a rather "save" pick, sometimes you still hit gold with them, otherwise they often still become quality role players ( look Erne vs Blujus). Most of Murrays 2nd rounders have been such guys. MacLeod, Masin, Hart, Erne, Blujus all easily are that kind of pick.

3rd round 64th overall:
- F Robin Kovacs
- F Roope Hintz
- F Dante Salituro
- D Mitchell Vande Sompel
- F Jens Lööke

Go for upside. Those guys have talent and skills far better than they will be drafted. Lööke and Hintz are pure offensive threats, but there justdoesn't exist something called "one dimensional Swedish or Finish player" They always are at least on par on D. Salituro is small, but plays a Johnson kind of game, so not the classic undersized one way point maker. Same goes for Vande Sompel. Wagner for some reason hasn't put up points this year, but has shown tremendous skill.
The only guy that is different is Robin Kovacs. For some reason I really like him and his game. He can develop into another Killorn or in another Komarov esque player. No matter what, you need those guys in May and June and Kovacs has shown a great mix of agitating and skill so far.

4th round 118th and 121th overall:
- D Kyle Capobianco
- F Dryden Hunt
- D Jeremy Lauzon
- F Keegan Kolesar
- Undersized high offense guys (Magiapane, Conrad, Garland, ...)
Capobinco has been called the sleeper of the draft so much now, that he is the opposite now IMO. If you want him, go for him early enough. He has high upside, same goes for Lauzon who has been dubbed a sleeper a few times as well now. Hunt is an exact clone of Paquette. It's well worth a 4th getting another Paquette IMO. Kolesar is one of the top agitators available and would be a DiGiacinto kinda pick, just hope his offense comes along ( I still believe in DiGiacinto)

5th to 7th round (151th, 153th, 181th 208th)
- F Luke Philp
- F Rodrigo Abols
- F Giorgio Estephan
- D Loik Leveille
- F Maxim Lazarev
- D Chaz Reddekopp
- F Jacob Jaremko
- A big, athletic goalie

Philp is a less talented Palat. A glue that holds everything together. Abols is likely the noboy of the draft being a 19 year old playing for Riga in the MHL and KHL. He has had nothing short of a miracle season. PPG in the MHL, 5p in 14 KHL games (it's impressive for any 18/19 year old to play in the KHL at all. Estephan is everything SY loves so much but is searching that next gear offensivly, though his skills are easily there for another two gears. Leiveille is an overweight (6'0, 220lbs) defender that still skates good and has offensive skills. Get the extra fat off him and see what happens. Lazarov is the untalked about the Russians playing in the CHL. His offensive numbers are good, but he is not a dominator as is often expected from Russians in the CHL. Reddekopp is a heavy hitter and slowly learns the offensive side (MacLeod kind of project). Jaremko blows away his competiton, but the USHS is nothing special. Has struggled in his short USHL stint, his talent is still huge and worth a chance.

Overall I hope we go for a late round goalie, at least one undersized skilled guy and a good mix of potential quality role players (Gudas/Paquette..) and high upside picks.

Good write up

I'm really liking Gurianov for our 1st round pick but not sure he gets past 24 and don't think I want to trade up. If he's gone I can see us trading back again like last year as I think we can get Juulsen, Meloche or Larsson early 2nd. Then with the 44th take Dergachov and maybe snag a Vande Sompel, Pilon, Dunn or Hintz if we fear any won't fall to the 3rd with the late 2nd we get in the 1st round trade then pick whichever does fall to the 3rd.

No love for Gennaro? Think he can be a Paquette type player, limited offensively but strong in his own zone with a physical presence. He seems like a player who could go undrafted and bust out next year and get picked in the 4th similar to Paquette, I'd take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Great post!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I would be happy with Kylington. Guys like Saad, Duclair, and Erne saw their draft stock drop significantly over the course of the season, only to look like steals years later.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Good write up

I'm really liking Gurianov for our 1st round pick but not sure he gets past 24 and don't think I want to trade up. If he's gone I can see us trading back again like last year as I think we can get Juulsen, Meloche or Larsson early 2nd. Then with the 44th take Dergachov and maybe snag a Vande Sompel, Pilon, Dunn or Hintz if we fear any won't fall to the 3rd with the late 2nd we get in the 1st round trade then pick whichever does fall to the 3rd.

No love for Gennaro? Think he can be a Paquette type player, limited offensively but strong in his own zone with a physical presence. He seems like a player who could go undrafted and bust out next year and get picked in the 4th similar to Paquette, I'd take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th.

Guryanov is my next "favorite" after the 4 guys I listed. But he has not shown the prolific offense that guys like Tarasenko, Kuznetsov or Kucherov showed in their draft years. Most scouts say he has a very high ceiling, but I prefer that term combined with mindblowing impressive numbers. But otherwise he would likely go much early then..
I agree that we might get a chance at Meloche or Larsson in the early 2nd round, but I highly doubt Juulsen will be there (and he is my #1 on the wishlist). He is this years version of Sanheim. Slowly rising and rising over the year, just to see the hype "explode" right before the draft. I really hope he is there at our pick, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the top20.

I am torn on Gennaro, even though I try to get to know as many prospects as possible over the course of the year, realisticly I will only know maybe half the guys that get drafted with more than just their name. Gennaro is one of the guys I didn't know very well before you brought him up in the prospect thread.
I am not a fan of drafting players with "bad" junior numbers, unless they offer me something special. For example being an amazing hitter (Reddekopp) or looking at Paquette and DiGiacinto, were it happened to be their rookie seasons. Both their seasons where impressive. A guy like Dryden Hunt (which I feature as a possible future Paquette) has made crazy progress from last year.
Gennaro has done "nothing special". His rookie season was alright, but this season wasn't much more.
If I take a chance in the later rounds the guys needs to have done something that makes me belief he will progress better than 99% of the guys he is playing with. Or he needs serious skill and upside like those undersized scorers do. But Gennaro does not offer anything for me just yet and I rather wait and see if he shows it to me next season and spend a 4th in 2016 instead of a 7th rounder this year for a complete darkshot.

I would be happy with Kylington. Guys like Saad, Duclair, and Erne saw their draft stock drop significantly over the course of the season, only to look like steals years later.

Well the good names stay in the head, the bust tend to disappear. Both things can happen with such players, but yes I wouldn't mind taking a chance either.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
round one ilsa samsonov or if falls oliver kylington

second round callum booth unless take samsonov in first then is rasmus andersson

third round nicolos roy or austin wagner or nikita korostelev

fourth round jack sedak or gustav olhaver and hayden mcool or sebastian aho

fifth round tate olson or douglas blaisdell

sixth round dennis gilbert or ryan shea and tomas gres or brent mckenzie

seventh round steven ruggiero or camine buono or samuel laberge

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Guryanov is my next "favorite" after the 4 guys I listed. But he has not shown the prolific offense that guys like Tarasenko, Kuznetsov or Kucherov showed in their draft years. Most scouts say he has a very high ceiling, but I prefer that term combined with mindblowing impressive numbers. But otherwise he would likely go much early then..
I agree that we might get a chance at Meloche or Larsson in the early 2nd round, but I highly doubt Juulsen will be there (and he is my #1 on the wishlist). He is this years version of Sanheim. Slowly rising and rising over the year, just to see the hype "explode" right before the draft. I really hope he is there at our pick, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the top20.

I am torn on Gennaro, even though I try to get to know as many prospects as possible over the course of the year, realisticly I will only know maybe half the guys that get drafted with more than just their name. Gennaro is one of the guys I didn't know very well before you brought him up in the prospect thread.
I am not a fan of drafting players with "bad" junior numbers, unless they offer me something special. For example being an amazing hitter (Reddekopp) or looking at Paquette and DiGiacinto, were it happened to be their rookie seasons. Both their seasons where impressive. A guy like Dryden Hunt (which I feature as a possible future Paquette) has made crazy progress from last year.
Gennaro has done "nothing special". His rookie season was alright, but this season wasn't much more.
If I take a chance in the later rounds the guys needs to have done something that makes me belief he will progress better than 99% of the guys he is playing with. Or he needs serious skill and upside like those undersized scorers do. But Gennaro does not offer anything for me just yet and I rather wait and see if he shows it to me next season and spend a 4th in 2016 instead of a 7th rounder this year for a complete darkshot.

Well the good names stay in the head, the bust tend to disappear. Both things can happen with such players, but yes I wouldn't mind taking a chance either.

With Gurianov he seems more well rounded at this stage then those others who were more offensive.

Juulsen is hard to predict, I see him anywhere from 20 - 50 it seems, just think Meloche + Dergachov + Vande Sompel is better then Juulsen + Dergachov, if we were to trade back and get two 2nd's.

Gennaro is never going to be a top 6 player but a strong bottom 6 guy. He had a terrible start to the year offensively but got on a tear later in the year so may speak to his offensive potential finally showing. He's 6'3 close to 200 so he'll be a bigger Paquette, and Paquette had his breakout his 19 year old year.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Your thoughts on Lehner and Legwand for Buffalo's 21st?

Not as bad as many are making it out to be. If Lehner can become a mid tier starter it's a win already. Then you have Legwand who can shelter Eichel and Reinhart till their ready and be flipped at the deadline. If Legwand rebounds his value could improve to a 2nd + prospect so you trade a late 1st for a starting goalie + late 2nd + prospect, not that bad.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
round one ilsa samsonov or if falls oliver kylington

second round callum booth unless take samsonov in first then is rasmus andersson

third round nicolos roy or austin wagner or nikita korostelev

fourth round jack sedak or gustav olhaver and hayden mcool or sebastian aho

fifth round tate olson or douglas blaisdell

sixth round dennis gilbert or ryan shea and tomas gres or brent mckenzie

seventh round steven ruggiero or camine buono or samuel laberge

No offense but that's a terrible draft. We don't need to waste a 1st on another goalie and I like Kylington but have huge concerns on him, if he falls to 44 then sure.

Rather Blackwood then Booth in the 2nd if available. Your 3rd and 4th round picks are a bit of a reach, think we can get the 3rd in 4th and 4th in 5th.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maybe no one drafts McDavid until #28 :sarcasm: He's probs a bust and is pretty ugly #TheGoodBadAndTheUgly

I hope SFY picks up some more Russians or Swedes. I'll also be happy if he gets some more Canadians :) Canadians are the best anyways :handclap::yo::nod:

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
My hopeful wishlist for the first three rounds

1. Daniel Sprong
2. Nick Meloche
3. Julius Nattinen

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad