The 2015-2016 Blues Discussion Thread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The healthy 4th line is:
Ott-Brodziak-Upshall with Reaves and Jaskin as situational subs.

Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Steen-Stastny-Fabbri
Backes-Berglund-Brouwer (this is the match-up line)

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
A summary of this season in one sentence, courtesy of the Blues' Facebook page:

"Every player on the roster was on the ice for the morning skate today for the first time all season."

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
If Ott is healthy for the playoffs, he'll be in the lineup guaranteed. I'm fine with that as well, he's shown he can be an effective player on the fourth line. As long as Hitch doesn't continually bump him up the lineup randomly, it should be fine.

I'm just curious, but what effectiveness do you see in Ott? Maybe I'm not watching him right or seeing things wrong. To me he's just a floater who never touches the puck for more than 2 seconds and takes bad penalties. Is it his energy that makes him desirable?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
For a team that seems to have zero energy...Ott is a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately he was actually playing great hockey given his abilities this year, shame that he got hurt. I think a line of Ott Brodziak Upshall would be good if Ott's injury doesn't affect him too bad. I still like Reaves but he had a huge bullseye on his back now.

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Yup its feels good to read another teams board and see injuries as an excuse cause you know the blues have had as many man games lost as the hawks. In fact have you guys seen the numbers between the hawks and us on injuries... and we're ahead of them in points? Wait I know, La de dah

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Question from Rangers fan for fantasy hockey...
When will Steen likely be back?

Steen is practicing with the team and is traveling with the team on the current road trip. Steen was injured on February 20, and the initial announcement was that he would be "re-evaluated" in four weeks. That is about all we know.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Steen is practicing with the team and is traveling with the team on the current road trip. Steen was injured on February 20, and the initial announcement was that he would be "re-evaluated" in four weeks. That is about all we know.

The Blues use of the term "reevaluated" is very loose. Both Stastny and Pietrangelo came back before or when the team said they were due to be reevaluated. I'd expect Steen back next week.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Blues use of the term "reevaluated" is very loose. Both Stastny and Pietrangelo came back before or when the team said they were due to be reevaluated. I'd expect Steen back next week.

With pure fan speculation, I'd expect a return on the 19th or 22nd, near the end of the road trip. Worst-case, I'd expect the 25th when we return and play the Canucks. He's been skating for a little while now, so he should be close.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
With pure fan speculation, I'd expect a return on the 19th or 22nd, near the end of the road trip. Worst-case, I'd expect the 25th when we return and play the Canucks. He's been skating for a little while now, so he should be close.

I agree. From what I am reading it looks like within next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad