The 2015-2016 Blues Discussion Thread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Anybody else get the feeling Shattenkirk gets rattled by the trade rumors? He's been hot garbage over the last couple weeks. Last night Hitch said it does affect the guys we. Their names are floating around

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Any thoughts about Benoit's play in the Pittsburgh game? He played for 10 minutes +. The first time I noticed him out there, he was playing without his stick. Not a very auspicious start.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I originally posted this in the trade thread, but it belongs here.
Wow, what a core we have going forward with Fabbri, Parayko, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Allen and Pietrangelo. I'm also willing to include Rattie, Jaskin (not ready to give up on them yet) and Shattenkirk (if we keep him, that is). It's things like this that make me happy for the future no matter what happens the rest of the season.

I know I made the mistake during the days when we thought Johnson, Oshie, Perron, Backes and Berglund were our future core, but this is different.

The former group is vastly more talented than the latter. Their only problem is that they have a coach that doesn't know how to utilize their talents.

Edit: I didn't even mention Schmaltz, Dunn, Barbashev, Copley, Binnington and Husso. :eek:

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Looks like Lappy was still listening to Hitch and got a bit too reckless in a different league(bailed on the team).

Wonder where he goes now.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Any thoughts about Benoit's play in the Pittsburgh game? He played for 10 minutes +. The first time I noticed him out there, he was playing without his stick. Not a very auspicious start.

On the contrary. If we don't notice that he was out of position of goals scored or good scoring chances for the opponent, a 4th-choice fill-in career AHLer is doing a good job. I didn't notice him much in tonight's game with Detroit. Another reasonably good job for him.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cle_d0030b9b-5fb8-504c-b3b5-4791f6c2a8c0.html

In the 5th to last paragraph, they mention "significant renovations" for the Scottrade Center

"A complete list of renovations has not been finalized, but plans include the installation of wireless Internet for fans, high-definition capabilities, new seats and an updated broadcast control room. The cost is not known, but similar projects in Tampa Bay and Boston have reached or exceeded $100 million."

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
If we didn't have Brodz, I'd love him back. Was great on PK and was super entertaining. Ott Lappy Reaves for more entertaining 4th line?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
At the beginning of the season Hitch talked about going with the hot hand in goal. There was no doubt that Allen proved to be the #1. But since his injury Elliott has played exceptionally well at 5-1-1 with a .936 save %. So when Allen gets back do you ride out Elliott's play or go back to Allen as the #1?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
At the beginning of the season Hitch talked about going with the hot hand in goal. There was no doubt that Allen proved to be the #1. But since his injury Elliott has played exceptionally well at 5-1-1 with a .936 save %. So when Allen gets back do you ride out Elliott's play or go back to Allen as the #1?

Tough question. Since this is probably Elliott's last season here, I'd probably give Jake every opportunity to still be the #1. But you can't neglect how well Elliott has played. I'd no problem with either one in the playoffs.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'd give Jake a couple of starts in a row when he gets back to see how things are. If he struggles, you know you have Ells waiting in the wings. Ells isn't the type of guy to sulk and let that kind of stuff bother him. If anything else, he'll play even better the next time he's out there to earn more playing time. Ells is such an awesome luxury. Perfect mentality for a backup(or 1B). You could not ask for a better backup than Brian Elliott. Jake is the future, but Elliott has played outstanding in his absence, and it would be silly to simply gift Jake the number one job if he's not playing up to Ells's standards.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think the Blues will do absolutely everything in their power to give Allen the #1 job again. Why would that even be up for discussion after everything that has happened?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
This seems like a nonissue. Let them split starts, play the one performing better. Allen created separation before. If he can't do it again, he probably isn't any better then Elliott anyway.

I think Allen will start in the playoffs.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cle_d0030b9b-5fb8-504c-b3b5-4791f6c2a8c0.html

In the 5th to last paragraph, they mention "significant renovations" for the Scottrade Center

"A complete list of renovations has not been finalized, but plans include the installation of wireless Internet for fans, high-definition capabilities, new seats and an updated broadcast control room. The cost is not known, but similar projects in Tampa Bay and Boston have reached or exceeded $100 million."

Free internet would be huge. I can actually be on HFboards during the game without wasting data :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad