The 2015-2016 Blues Discussion Thread - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If he makes one stupid ass trade before he fires Hitchcock I would try my absolute hardest to avoid watching them for the rest of the season.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Irritates me Butler play ahead Lindbohm. Hitch told Butler brings poise and players likes him. Against Canes Butler was so lost, tonight we'll face team which is faster and dangerous counter team. I understand IF Butler is more reliable and making less errors, but case is other way, I'm just puzzled Hitch comment about Butler.

Lindbohm has out performed on AHL Butler and is knowed playing better in NHL. Butler is AHL worst dmens. This is just another excuse to use 'friendly friendly relationship' and give Butler icetime.

I just want new mindset on Blues. Everybody should be equal and there shouldn't be favoring others like vets over prospects. That's so f ridiculous statement, 3 rookies, so what, they outperform vets and really put everybody on edge to play better. Just wanna punch Hitch and Brad Shaw.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If he makes one stupid ass trade before he fires Hitchcock I would try my absolute hardest to avoid watching them for the rest of the season.

Been doing that all year. This is the least amount of games I have watched in a season since before the rebuild. (I still can't help but to watch a few.) Once Armstrong kept Hitch and brought on Brouwer my commitment level dropped.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
idk,regardless of how bad they look on the ice at times this season,I can't help but watch.some games may give me a headache but that's the struggle of a season right???

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Irritates me Butler play ahead Lindbohm. Hitch told Butler brings poise and players likes him. Against Canes Butler was so lost, tonight we'll face team which is faster and dangerous counter team. I understand IF Butler is more reliable and making less errors, but case is other way, I'm just puzzled Hitch comment about Butler.

Lindbohm has out performed on AHL Butler and is knowed playing better in NHL. Butler is AHL worst dmens. This is just another excuse to use 'friendly friendly relationship' and give Butler icetime.

I just want new mindset on Blues. Everybody should be equal and there shouldn't be favoring others like vets over prospects. That's so f ridiculous statement, 3 rookies, so what, they outperform vets and really put everybody on edge to play better. Just wanna punch Hitch and Brad Shaw.

Lindbohm made a LOT of errors in his NHL games so far this season. I don't think Blues coaching staff trusts him right now. Butler has made errors as well, but has really played no worse than Lindbohm, from what I've seen. Bortuzzo has been slightly better than those 2, and Edmundson has been far better.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Something that didn't really get talked about in the goalie night festivities is how great of an opportunity it is for Jordan Binnington to be around for this. Great for him to get a taste of the action and pick the brains of some of the league's finest.

Pheonix Copley must be furious :laugh:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Are we ignoring the obvious? Maybe Shattenkirk is being traded for Drouin and we need someone to run the PP. :sarcasm:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Gunnar will not play Monday. Benoit over Lindbohm is a head scratcher.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'm guessing they called up Benoit with the intention of IR-ing one of Bouwmeester or Gunnarson and they need a 7th defenseman. And would rather just have Lindbohm playing with Chicago than sitting in St. Louis.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist here (OK, maybe a little bit) but does anyone else find it odd that the recall of Benoit has been up on the Wolves website for sometime now and there has been no official announcement by the Blues? It may be as simple as they were waiting to talk to Butler because he is being sent back, but it just seems unusual not to have seen anything from the team yet this long after the AHL announcement.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist here (OK, maybe a little bit) but does anyone else find it odd that the recall of Benoit has been up on the Wolves website for sometime now and there has been no official announcement by the Blues? It may be as simple as they were waiting to talk to Butler because he is being sent back, but it just seems unusual not to have seen anything from the team yet this long after the AHL announcement.

No, you're right, it is peculiar. A little too quiet if you ask me.

J-Bo and Gunnar are both already day-to-day and could be back before the all-stat break, so it's not an IR move.

I think what's happening is one of the following things:
A) an injury happened last night we don't know about yet
B) Shattenkirk got suspended for jawing the zebras (unlikely, but hey)
C) Hitch has been unhappy with Butler and he's going back down, so this is a simple 1-1 swap
D) This is a roster move. We're anticipating trading a defenseman today, and we need to fill his spot. Given the rumors of what TBL is looking for, and the fact that Benoit is a LH shot, that leads me to believe that this is something built around or including Edmundson.
Or E) the Wolves made a mistake on their website and Benoit has not been recalled

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
No, you're right, it is peculiar. A little too quiet if you ask me.

J-Bo and Gunnar are both already day-to-day and could be back before the all-stat break, so it's not an IR move.

I think what's happening is one of the following things:
A) an injury happened last night we don't know about yet
B) Shattenkirk got suspended for jawing the zebras (unlikely, but hey)
C) Hitch has been unhappy with Butler and he's going back down, so this is a simple 1-1 swap
D) This is a roster move. We're anticipating trading a defenseman today, and we need to fill his spot. Given the rumors of what TBL is looking for, and the fact that Benoit is a LH shot, that leads me to believe that this is something built around or including Edmundson.
Or E) the Wolves made a mistake on their website and Benoit has not been recalled

I can never keep these things straight in my head so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the minimum IR time period 7 days? Since Bouwmeester for example got injured last Friday they could put him on the IR retroactive to then and he would be eligible to come off at any time. Since they have 4 games to go before the allstar break and only 6 defensemen who can play I would think they would want to call somebody up in case of emergency and put either JBo or Gunnarson on IR until they are ready to play. Maybe I am not knowing correctly how the IR system works though.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I can never keep these things straight in my head so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the minimum IR time period 7 days? Since Bouwmeester for example got injured last Friday they could put him on the IR retroactive to then and he would be eligible to come off at any time. Since they have 4 games to go before the allstar break and only 6 defensemen who can play I would think they would want to call somebody up in case of emergency and put either JBo or Gunnarson on IR until they are ready to play. Maybe I am not knowing correctly how the IR system works though.

Possibility F

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We now have the 18 skaters that played yesterday + Bouwmeester, Gunnarson, Jaskin, and Benoit. That's 22 skaters+2 goalies = 24 which is one too many people. Somebody has to go somewhere, be it IR, AHL, or trade.

Quiddity

Feb 17, 2014
Blues Recall Benoit from Chicago Wolves
Sunday, 01.17.2016 / 3:30 PM CT / St Louis Blues - News
St. Louis Blues

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has recalled defenseman Andre Benoit from their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Chicago Wolves.

Benoit, 32, has dressed in 37 games for the Wolves this season, ranking second on the club with 25 points, including a team-leading 21 assists.

The 5-foot-11, 195-pound defenseman was originally signed by the Blues as a free agent on July 6, 2015. The St. Albert, Ontario, native has appeared in 179 career regular season NHL games, including stints with Buffalo (2014-15), Colorado (2013-14) and Ottawa (2010-13), amassing 48 points (11 goals, 37 assists) and 60 penalty minutes.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=798225

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And if Bouw comes back, that will be 8 defensemen, correct?

We never carry that many.

And yeah that's not even including Gunnar who isn't on IR. So 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad