The 2015-2016 Blues Discussion Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Since she is a former hockey player and speed skater, I think it was probably just a careless error rather than a mistaken belief.

I want the Blues to win a Cup, but I'm starting to root more for Tarasenko to win a Cup (even if it has to happen elsewhere some day).

Don't EVER say that! Tarasenko will be the first Blues' home-grown superstar to have real a chance to win The Stanley Cup. If he's gone, I can't imagine The Blues getting more value back in trade for him. They need to keep building by adding to the good young core they have -NOT continuously trading, letting players walk, and retooling.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Great job 2MM, you've gone and upset Robb now.;)
Keeding, keeding...

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Don't EVER say that! Tarasenko will be the first Blues' home-grown superstar to have real a chance to win The Stanley Cup. If he's gone, I can't imagine The Blues getting more value back in trade for him. They need to keep building by adding to the good young core they have -NOT continuously trading, letting players walk, and retooling.

Hey Robb, when you said it last season I was shocked. Sorry I have to re-post it here like this.

Robb_k said:
I am very, very disappointed. I am thankful that Tarasenko seems to be a loyal person, and probably (I hope) won't refuse to sign with The Blues unless they give him an outrageous amount of money, secretly hoping they will refuse him, so he can go to another organisation that has A CHANCE to win a The Stanley Cup during his career span.

Yes, I am bitter, and, so, being irrational.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
i really think throwing Magnum PI out on the 2nd or 3rd line (or someone who will frustrate the fans) will help the team.

They need to learn to solve problems in the regular season.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
The Blues would have to finish in the bottom 10-15 to have a chance at Laine , unless they traded up. Great prospect.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The Blues would have to finish in the bottom 10-15 to have a chance at Laine , unless they traded up. Great prospect.

I didn't watch yesterday game, but Laine was flying and tearing up everybody 2+1. Has develops quite nicely. Soon starts Bern - HIFK game. Interesting to see how Husso performs.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I can't believe I wrote just that on a post. I never hoped Tarasenko would sign with another team. I was either trying to be funny or ironic, mocking super-negative posters, or angry at The Blues for making a bad move. Alone, that post is way out of context.

It was posted in the immediate frustration after the painful Wild series loss. I'm still angry about the way the Blues folded in that series, but I'm getting better at repressing it.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
It was posted in the immediate frustration after the painful Wild series loss. I'm still angry about the way the Blues folded in that series, but I'm getting better at repressing it.

I felt the same way in a part of me. Keep being you Robb. No need to second guess.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
I can't believe I wrote just that on a post. I never hoped Tarasenko would sign with another team. I was either trying to be funny or ironic, mocking super-negative posters, or angry at The Blues for making a bad move. Alone, that post is way out of context.

I remember that post, and knew exactly what you meant and how everyone (myself included) felt at the time. I know other people shared a similar sentiment too, that, here's this once in a lifetime talent who would potentially be signing away his prime years to an organization which is a perennial playoff choker. Context is everything! :nod:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yes, I remember now. I was just being bitter. I never really wanted Tarasenko to move to another team. Even The St. Louis Browns won The Pennant once. Teams that never won The World Championship in their given sports never won until they won. After winning the first time, several formerly hapless teams enjoyed good runs for several years. The Pittsburgh Penguins had been bad forever, BEFORE they drafted Mario Lemieux.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
tribute to TJ :D

Day 1 of Informal Skates. It looks like the coaches have their work cut out for them. #stlblues https://t.co/aLNXFl0GcP

There is edit version where Backes beat up those boys. No room for fooling around.

tumblr_n1gqhcxumO1qlfo2so2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad