The 2014 Winter Olympics Thread

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Which is ascenine. A complete joke. Game coulda gone differently had he played

Everyone knows what substances are banned. The list isn't a secret.

It is the SWE doctors who either failed to not notify the player or to properly monitor dosage.

I honestly have zero sympathy here.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Everyone knows what substances are banned. The list isn't a secret.

It is the SWE doctors who either failed to not notify the player or to properly monitor dosage.

I honestly have zero sympathy here.

Yeah. Idk. It's still a shame.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I don't know what is more sad. Canada winning the Gold in Hockey again? or those who scream "Hockey is Canada's Game" fail to understand that hockey wasn't even invented by Canadians?

I believe it actually was "invented" by Canadians, or immigrants to Canada.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Regardless of who invented the game of hockey, the game has received many contributions to throughout the world that 1 country cannot simply claim it to be theirs. Then again, that could be said for pretty much any other sport as well. Basketball for example is more popular in the USA than Canada but it was a Canadian who invented basketball.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
And it's still evolving. Hockey today probably doesn't look anything like the original. I know Canada claims it as their sport but me personally, it doesn't matter. I just enjoy it. Playing it, coaching it, or watching it. It's all good regardless of where it originated from.

Today, as a Canadian, I was fortunate to see our team win but every other country is improving so quickly that it is almost anybody's game now. The margin of difference isn't very much and in the future it could be the USA, it could be Sweden, Finland, maybe even Latvia. I hate to lose but I love the competition. And on the Junior level, we have not had a lot of success in the last few years.

Anyway, I loved the games this Olympics like always. But I really want OEL to stand out and show the world how good he really is but for now I guess it will be the Coyotes best kept secret.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
And it's still evolving. Hockey today probably doesn't look anything like the original. I know Canada claims it as their sport but me personally, it doesn't matter. I just enjoy it. Playing it, coaching it, or watching it. It's all good regardless of where it originated from.

Today, as a Canadian, I was fortunate to see our team win but every other country is improving so quickly that it is almost anybody's game now. The margin of difference isn't very much and in the future it could be the USA, it could be Sweden, Finland, maybe even Latvia. I hate to lose but I love the competition. And on the Junior level, we have not had a lot of success in the last few years.

Anyway, I loved the games this Olympics like always. But I really want OEL to stand out and show the world how good he really is but for now I guess it will be the Coyotes best kept secret.

Not only is hockey evolving but other sports in Canada are gaining a higher interest overtime, especially with soccer.

The Olympics: 2 weeks.

2 weeks and they happen every 4 years with the 2016 games in Brazil 2018 games in South Korea and 2020 games in Japan. Needless to say it's going to be quite sometime before the games are back in the United States. I would love to see the winter games in Salt Lake City again or the Summer Games in LA again. Dare I say have the Summer Games in the early fall in Phoenix? :naughty:

Last edited:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
St. Louis riding on Mike Smith
dXkiNHU.jpg

lb9f2me.jpg

Team Sweden cruising to the stadium
swJHAP9.jpg

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Alright, tiny St Louis needing a ride on Smith's shoulders to be able to see what's going on is just hilarious.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Which is ascenine. A complete joke. Game coulda gone differently had he played

I don't know what is more sad. Canada winning the Gold in Hockey again? or those who scream "Hockey is Canada's Game" fail to understand that hockey wasn't even invented by Canadians?

Who cares who invented it. the guy was a genius no doubt.

but Canada has taken the greatest game in the world and OWNED it. No third line scrub who failed a drug test could have made a difference against the MIGHTY Canadians!! they allowed three goals the entire tournament!!

Another great showing by the greatest hockey nation on earth.

Hail Canadian hockey!!!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
All is not lost technically with the United States getting a Gold Medal in hockey as another set of Olympic games are taking place in Russia.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=706394&navid=DL|NHL|home

The USA Warriors Ice Hockey Program, Inc., founded in 2008, is an organization that trains and supplies injured servicemen and women with hockey equipment and skills to use the sport as a rehabilitation tool.

Schaus thought it was a good idea. He'd been playing hockey with various squirt and travel teams, and eventually his high school, in his hometown of Buffalo, N.Y., for as long as he could remember. He joined the Marine Corps in October 2006.

The 26-year-old can admit with earnest that the USA Warriors was his stepping stone out the door and into a new world of competitive hockey he never imagined.

"Getting out and playing hockey, and the whole experience of getting to the rink and putting on the gear, it really opened a path not only with hockey, but life," Schaus said.

Schaus would spend two seasons with the USA Warriors, and is now a member of the U.S. Paralympic Sled Hockey Team that will compete for a gold medal at the 2014 Sochi Paralympics beginning March 7 at Shayba Arena in Russia. The United States is the defending champion, having posted five straight shutouts en route to the gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Paralympics.

While Schaus will be traveling with his 16 teammates and coaching staff to Sochi this weekend, his former team, the USA Warriors, will be guests of the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday when they are given the opportunity to join the team during their practice session on the ice at Soldier Field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad