The 2014-2015 Schedule

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm going to Phoenix March 19! Thanks for giving me the perfect time to go and hit spring training too :)

I'll try to put the full schedule in the OP.

On first glance not bad. Looks like a few more back to backs though. A couple big road trips, that's to be expected.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A few 4-5 game road trips in there. 12 back to backs this season.

One thing I hate about the Avs changing divisions is that they don't play in Alberta too often now. Only two games in Calgary and one in Edmonton. Might have to wait until March to see the Avs play live next season.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I'm going to Phoenix March 19! Thanks for giving me the perfect time to go and hit spring training too :)

I'll try to put the full schedule in the OP.

On first glance not bad. Looks like a few more back to backs though. A couple big road trips, that's to be expected.

sucks they don't have a oilers-flames back-to-back like last year that I drove out for. this year it's flames-jets which is to far to drive

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Does anyone remember why they wore these jerseys?I can't find anything on Google besides the pic.

nordiques.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My take on the schedule using last year standings as a gauge.

October
Fairly easy month and I only see one back-to-back. Only playing three playoff teams in Sharks, Habs, Wild, and Bruins. Play against the Habs on SportsNet

November
Two back-to-back games, but still an easy month. Got a good home streak, but then a brutal Northeastern swing. Avs get a Hockey Night in Canada game against the Philadelphia Flyers (weird not seeing a Canadian team involved). 6 of 14 games are played against playoff teams.

December
See two back-to-backs in Dec and we get two Hockey Night in Canada against the Blues and Sabres. 8 out of the 13 games are against playoff teams. Tough month.

January
Another Hockey Night in Canada against the Lightning. One back-to-back. 5 of the 13 games are against playoff teams. Avs go on a 5 game road streak this month.

February
10 of the 13 games are against playoff teams. One Hockey Night in Canada against the Dallas Stars. Avs have a 4 game home stand in Feb. Very tough month.

March
ANOTHER 5 game road trip for the Avs, get one game on Hockey Night in Canada against the Flames and one Sportsnet game against the Oilers. 5 of the 13 games are against playoff opponents. Two back to backs, but easy teams.

April
6 games to finish off the season, but getting another two HNIC games against the Hawks (which is also the final game) and against the Kings. 4 out of those 6 games are against playoff opponents. One back-to-back

Losing TSN sucks, but for the Canadian viewer whom doesn't have Centre Ice, this new deal is rocking for you.
But man I think this is a brutal schedule if you factor in how many road swings we're going to be on, especially for a long period of time.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That NE swing... would be really sweet to do B2B Saturdays. Hopefully I have $$ at the time.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Looking to take my first ever Denver trip this year, that 2 games in December against the Blues and Hawks is looking really nice.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah they do, in March.

12 b2b isn't bad. Some teams have up to 20.

works better for me if it's Edmonton 1st then Calgary as I like to go to Banff to ski after the games with friends who live in Calgary. and it's a Monday-Wednesday which isn't ideal. last year it was a Thursday-Friday

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Looking at the schedule very quickly I almost have the impression the Avalanche are an eastern conference team the first part of the year. :laugh: Am I seeing things or are the Avs playing the east a lot more this year ? :amazed:

I guess the second half of the season seems to even things out a bit (more western teams).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Looking at the schedule very quickly I almost have the impression the Avalanche are an eastern conference team the first part of the year. :laugh: Am I seeing things or are the Avs playing the east a lot more this year ? :amazed:

I guess the second half of the season seems to even things out a bit (more western teams).

It's pretty typical the Avs go on a long eastern road trip early. They usually play pretty well on it so that's a good thing. The Florida swing is in January again. The NY trip is moved up from Feb to Nov this time. The west coast trip is late like it always is.

One bonus, only 2 games against San Jose. Last year we had 4.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Two four game trips and two five game trips while the longest homestand is four games.

It's not Avs related but the Kings get to raise their banner against the Sharks. The NHL is cruel :laugh:

Dutchy9

Nov 7, 2013
Montreal
I already can't wait to go the habs game in October. I'm hoping to snag some seats behind the visitors bench this year.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I hope they do but I get the feeling they won't do a ceremony for the Division championship banner.

Always look forward to seeing when we play the Wings.

And I doubt it's announced with the schedule but gotta look at Saturday night games for a potential "Milan Hejduk" night.

And as always, hope home opening night is a Saturday or Sunday evening. Just makes it easier than trying to beat rush hour traffic during the work week to get down to Pepsi Center.

Pretty sure Minnesota is honoring the series win over us in the last playoffs when we play them in their home opener. If they're celebrating that small feat I don't see why the Avs wouldn't want to return the favor and hoist a legitimate banner when we host them.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They should just put the banner up prior to the start of the season. No ceremony.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Pretty sure Minnesota is honoring the series win over us in the last playoffs when we play them in their home opener. If they're celebrating that small feat I don't see why the Avs wouldn't want to return the favor and hoist a legitimate banner when we host them.

Wait, seriously?! :laugh: What a sad franchise

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
At this point in the fanchise's history, there should only be two types of banners:

Stanley Cup wins and retired numbers

Maybe have a Quebec Nordiques: 1972 - 1995 banner, but that's it.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Sucks the games in California come late in the season, don't wanna wait that long to see the Avs play...maybe I need to finally get the money together for a trip to Denver.

18Mike18

Aug 3, 2007
BC
I'm very upset only one game here in Vancouver. but I guess its fair they were here twice last year. Looks like another Vacation to Colorado!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have a question for you guys who are familiar with attending games. How hard will it be to get tickets for the home opener. I'm planning on making a trip to Vegas on the 3rd so I can see the Frozen Fury on the 4th, but then I want to make the drive to Denver to catch a regular season game before flying back home.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's cool, sounds like a great trip. The drive is 12 hours, so just be prepared for that. Best time of year to visit so that's a neat plan. Anyway, not that tough. If you keep up with when tickets go on sale should be no problem to get them that day. The secondary market isn't that bad either, tickets shouldn't be a concern. The home openers always sell out but over time, definitely not immediately.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That's cool, sounds like a great trip. The drive is 12 hours, so just be prepared for that. Best time of year to visit so that's a neat plan. Anyway, not that tough. If you keep up with when tickets go on sale should be no problem to get them that day. The secondary market isn't that bad either, tickets shouldn't be a concern. The home openers always sell out but over time, definitely not immediately.

That's awesome! Thanks Tiger! I may be sending you out a pm when i book the trip to get a better idea on routes. I'm fascinated with geography and want to see a lot. How long would the trip take if I visit the Grand Canyon on the way? The time doesn't bother me since I live on an island in Canada which takes 12 hours to get across before having to take a Ferry which takes half a day just to get to another province. I'm amazed that you could drive through so many states in so little time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad